STATE

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby shs01240 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:13 pm

Not to say Williston isn't more talented than Shanley, but they better not overlook the Deacons. SHS has made a habit on thriving on opponents whose attitudes that are of that nature.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:48 pm

Williston will straight give it to shanley.
NDPreps Starter

Postby 666 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:59 pm

member wrote:Williston will straight give it to shanley.

i think u guys from the west underestimate the east way to much...the eas has had so many close games this year i know the west didnt have nearly as much so if it is a close game i can see shanley coming out on top but if it gets to more than 10 in willistons favor i see williston rolling all over them.

Postby cityleaguer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:37 am

666 wrote:

i think u guys from the west underestimate the east way to much...the eas has had so many close games this year i know the west didnt have nearly as much so if it is a close game i can see shanley coming out on top but if it gets to more than 10 in willistons favor i see williston rolling all over them.

Who's going to stop Qvale again? I seem to have forgot....hmmmm?

Teams have been able to beat Williston b/c of reffing, and that's the honest truth coming from someone from Dickinson, I think it's safe to say that refs on a state level aren't as eager to change a game.

Qvale with at least 25, 15 and 8 (blocks).....Willliston by 15
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 666 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:51 am

cityleaguer wrote:
666 wrote:

Who's going to stop Qvale again? I seem to have forgot....hmmmm?

Teams have been able to beat Williston b/c of reffing, and that's the honest truth coming from someone from Dickinson, I think it's safe to say that refs on a state level aren't as eager to change a game.

Qvale with at least 25, 15 and 8 (blocks).....Willliston by 15

Ben Jagim had some good games during the EDC tourney and he is a big guy im not saying he will stop him but he has the size to box him out and maybe get hims some stupid fouls early.

Postby 666 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:51 am

plus the guards for shanley will be able to dig when he gets the ball and get a few steals...from what i heard williston doesnt have the greatest guards.
Last edited by 666 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby cityleaguer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:54 am

666 wrote:plus the guards for shanley will be able to dig when he gets the ball and get a few steals...from what i heard williston doesnt have the greatest guards.

that's what I heard also, until I watched them play Dickinson who is very good defensively...if they have any daylight to shoot they're nails from the outside. They could be a little more consistent, but when things are working inside and outside they are a very very scary opponent
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby True Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:12 am

Who are the go to guys from the East teams? 
True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsubball » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:17 am

for Devils Lake I would have to say BJ Mertens but Beau Snyder also hit two game winners against Red River and West Fargo...West Fargo's go to guy would have to be either Seth Dye or Tanner Farkas....South could be Jordan Allard or Ismail Kareem and maybe a few others....And Fargo Shanley would be Schwankl Bergerson or Miko Elias
ndsubball

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:21 am

I hate to do this, but I'm going all-west semis as well.
Minot vs. Devils Lake -- this should be the best 1st-round game. BJ Mertens ate up Minot during the regular season. If he has a big game (25 or more), the Firebirds will win. Minot will win if it gets good bench production.

Dickinson vs. West Fargo -- Haven't seen WF this season, but wasn't too impressed last year at state (although that was a very young team). Tate Kick and Dickinson's depth is too much.

Bismarck vs. Fargo South -- This should be a good game as well. Fargo South is probably much more athletic, but BHS plays the best defense in the state, IMO.

Williston vs. Fargo Shanley -- The way Brian Qvale is playing, it is going to be tough for Shanley to match up. The Deacons best chance will be if Qvale gets in foul trouble.

I think Dickinson will beat Minot in the semis, although it will be very tough for them to beat Minot a fouth time during the same season.
Williston over Bismarck. The only way to beat Demons is forcing them into a bad shooting night, because their defense is too good. Williston has a chance to do that with Qvale.

Championship -- Williston over Dickinson. Dickinson has the better overall talent, but Qvale is playing like a man possessed right now.
Y-not Daily

Postby squeak63 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:31 am

smart source wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
member wrote:The west is going to dominate the east. Minot will roll threw south or devils lake or whoever they play. Then play a close one with bismarck and they will finally prevail. And we will see Minot in the state tournament playing Dickinson. With Dickinson winning it all.

wow bold preditions... i dont think minot will be able to beat bismarck... and if they meat up with bismarck it will have to be in the championship game because they wont be in the same braket... so there goes ur happy ending of a minot vs. dickinson championship game

P.S. there the website with the state tournament pairing whatever they will be with the east

http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Boys/state.html

i thought minot and bhs were in the same bracket? isnt wiliston and dicki in the same 1-4 2-3

its so they dont have two 4 seeds in the same braqeut( sorry about the spelling)
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:25 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
smart source wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
member wrote:The west is going to dominate the east. Minot will roll threw south or devils lake or whoever they play. Then play a close one with bismarck and they will finally prevail. And we will see Minot in the state tournament playing Dickinson. With Dickinson winning it all.

wow bold preditions... i dont think minot will be able to beat bismarck... and if they meat up with bismarck it will have to be in the championship game because they wont be in the same braket... so there goes ur happy ending of a minot vs. dickinson championship game

P.S. there the website with the state tournament pairing whatever they will be with the east

http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Boys/state.html

i thought minot and bhs were in the same bracket? isnt wiliston and dicki in the same 1-4 2-3

its so they dont have two 4 seeds in the same braqeut( sorry about the spelling)

also the two 1st seeds would be in the same bracket making it impossible for the two "supposed" best teams to make it to championship
klg_11

Postby ndbb » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:40 pm

Brian Qvale doesn't really get in foul trouble because he doesn't even need to jump half the time when he blocks shots. Shanley will need to fill it up from the outside.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:03 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=128]ndbb[/user] wrote:
Brian Qvale doesn't really get in foul trouble because he doesn't even need to jump half the time when he blocks shots. Shanley will need to fill it up from the outside.
</span>

Shanley's center Ben Jagim has gotten his defenders to foul out, or get into extreme foul trouble for the last couple of weeks. So anything can happen.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:41 pm

I might as well throw my hat in the ring

Minot vs. Devils Lake -- Mertens is on fire and I think he will have upwards of around 25 points, but that still won't be enough. To beat Minot, you have to frustrate their shooters. That won't happen as they're shooting well. Minot outscores them 77-75.

Dickinson vs. West Fargo -- A great matchup! Tate Kick going against Dye, and Farkas going against Marcus Fridley. Farkas vs. Fridley could be fun to watch. Dickinson bounces back from losing to Bismarck in the reg. champ. and wins by 9. Kick has a big game. 73-64.

Williston vs. Fargo Shanley -- Shanley is underrated, but Qvale is ridiculous. He won't be stopped, at least not by the Deacons, though it certainly won't be a blow out. 64-52

Bismarck vs. Fargo South -- Moose Miller coaches the Demons past the very talented Bruins, though this could be an upset if Fargo South shoots well, or Bismarck shoots poorly. Defense wins games and that's who I'm taking here. Bismarck wins 59-54.

Semis

Dickinson vs. Minot -- Dickinson beats Minot, yet again, in a close game. Minot will get out to a strong lead, but get cold and allow Dickinson back in it. That sounds like Minot every game actually. J/K! Dickinson will win in another close one 82-76.

Williston vs. Bismarck -- Bismarck's amazing run stops here. Williston beats Bismarck this time around on the shoulders of Qvale, who scores 25 points and grabs 15 rebounds in the process. Williston wins by two on a putback by Qvale with less than 10 seconds remaining. 65-63

Championship

Dickinson vs. Williston -- Qvale comes to play and racks up awesome numbers, but Dickinson's ability to play as a team hurts Williston. Dickinson gets balanced scoring, while Williston's guards have trouble catching fire. Dickinson 80-78.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan1989 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:16 am

ndbb wrote:Brian Qvale doesn't really get in foul trouble because he doesn't even need to jump half the time when he blocks shots. Shanley will need to fill it up from the outside.

The only way Shanley has a chance is if they out run and out shoot Williston...If they try to match up with Qvale and play willistons game they will even come close...And if they come into the game thinking Williston has weak guards they will lose  as well..
sportsfan1989

Postby Number7 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:09 am

How does Tate kick play? I have heard he is a tall guard, or plays in the post? somebody let me know.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby cityleaguer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:24 am

Number7 wrote:How does Tate kick play? I have heard he is a tall guard, or plays in the post? somebody let me know.

He's 6'5 with a wingspan of about 6'9, plays the post very well, probably is more dangerous down there when a smaller player is on him, but seems to maneuver around bigger players just as easy....Also, a great shooter from the outside, doesn't take a lot of 3's more from about 18, but won't hesitate to knock them down if he's open (which he never is). Also, has great presence in the lane on defense because of his reach......I hope ur not a spy or something from West Fargo Number7, haha!
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby da_man 23 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:27 am

iluvbball wrote:COCKY!!!!

So what team did u play on? cuz u obviously are jealous of sumtin... how bad did they beat ur team?
da_man 23

Postby ghetto*revival » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:43 am

ndsubball wrote:for Devils Lake I would have to say BJ Mertens but Beau Snyder also hit two game winners against Red River and West Fargo...West Fargo's go to guy would have to be either Seth Dye or Tanner Farkas....South could be Jordan Allard or Ismail Kareem and maybe a few others....And Fargo Shanley would be Schwankl Bergerson or Miko Elias

im not gonna rip on shwank but hes not one of our go to guys jagim bergerson and miko are
ghetto*revival

Postby Number7 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:43 am

cityleaguer wrote:
Number7 wrote:How does Tate kick play? I have heard he is a tall guard, or plays in the post? somebody let me know.

He's 6'5 with a wingspan of about 6'9, plays the post very well, probably is more dangerous down there when a smaller player is on him, but seems to maneuver around bigger players just as easy....Also, a great shooter from the outside, doesn't take a lot of 3's more from about 18, but won't hesitate to knock them down if he's open (which he never is). Also, has great presence in the lane on defense because of his reach......I hope ur not a spy or something from West Fargo Number7, haha!

no from what ive heard we got some tape on dickinson so well have to see
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys