STATE

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby squeak63 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:00 pm

i know its a little early with the edc tourney still goin on but i just thought somethin on state needed to be started
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:03 pm

right now bhs just seems very tough to beat. but i think dickinson or williston could take it too
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:08 pm

minot is also playing great ball right now... without know what is going to happen in the edc i have to say it goes bismarck williston dickinson minot ... the reason i put williston infront of dickinson is that in the wda tourney i saw stints of qvale starting to get the mentality that he is the best and noone can stop him and if he gets that into his head we might see the dominating qvale we have allways been lookin for
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:11 pm

sqeak63 wrote:minot is also playing great ball right now... without know what is going to happen in the edc i have to say it goes bismarck williston dickinson minot ... the reason i put williston infront of dickinson is that in the wda tourney i saw stints of qvale starting to get the mentality that he is the best and noone can stop him and if he gets that into his head we might see the dominating qvale we have allways been lookin for

i agree qvale was really startin to take it to ppl in the wda. dickinson can shoot the lights out though..
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pm

and bismarck can D it up like no other... and minot can just plain old do everything... so we all have out ups its just the downs that i think is gonna be the biggest difference
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:14 pm

they gotta go through bismarck theyd play in the 2nd round if they both win and they could very easily in matched up with south and i havent seen them play but i know they have some size and im sure there athletic like usual
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:19 pm

I think Dickinson finishing second was actually not all that bad b/c now they are paired on the bottom of the bracket with Minot while Bismarck and Williston are in the same bracket

I believe that state could end up being a rematch of BHS and DHS.  However, the east teams may come out and surprise someone, if not, Bismarck CAN NOT look past Williston and the same can be said for Dickinson...It would be really tough to beat Minot a 4th time this season if it ends up that way!
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:29 pm

cityleaguer wrote:I think Dickinson finishing second was actually not all that bad b/c now they are paired on the bottom of the bracket with Minot while Bismarck and Williston are in the same bracket

I believe that state could end up being a rematch of BHS and DHS.  However, the east teams may come out and surprise someone, if not, Bismarck CAN NOT look past Williston and the same can be said for Dickinson...It would be really tough to beat Minot a 4th time this season if it ends up that way!

definently this year in the state tourney noone can be looked past... williston is gonna be tuff to beat 2 weeks in a row as is minot... thats sayin that all of the west teams make it to the semi's which i dont think is gonna happen... i predict that there will be 1 east team pullin an upset in the first round
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:35 pm

Williston will NOT win state for the following reasons:

1)  they cannot break a press or get the ball up the court.  when they do get it up the court its a miracle from god

2)  they cannot inbound the ball without throwing it up for grabs to one of the posts at half court

3)  they kill themselves by shooting a very low percentage at the foul line.  which killed them against bismarck

4)  and last but definately not least, slotsve plays 11 guys a game??????  everytime somebody gets into a rythyme, he pulls them out (he did it with schmitz and younger qvale several times).  the time for expermenting with players should be over by this time of year.  most teams have a set 7 or 8 man rotation.   

hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:46 pm

hoopsfan_2007 wrote:Williston will NOT win state for the following reasons:

1)  they cannot break a press or get the ball up the court.  when they do get it up the court its a miracle from god

2)  they cannot inbound the ball without throwing it up for grabs to one of the posts at half court

3)  they kill themselves by shooting a very low percentage at the foul line.  which killed them against bismarck

4)  and last but definately not least, slotsve plays 11 guys a game??????  everytime somebody gets into a rythyme, he pulls them out (he did it with schmitz and younger qvale several times).  the time for expermenting with players should be over by this time of year.  most teams have a set 7 or 8 man rotation.   

Wow...you must be a professional with that sort of knowledge...But the facts are every team have problems..Every single team...I could list problems with every team in the world..Ya and you know your right throwing it up to a guy 7 ft is very stupid I just don't know why you would do such a thing....
sportsfan1989

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:53 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
hoopsfan_2007 wrote:Williston will NOT win state for the following reasons:

Wow...you must be a professional with that sort of knowledge...But the facts are every team have problems..Every single team...I could list problems with every team in the world..Ya and you know your right throwing it up to a guy 7 ft is very stupid I just don't know why you would do such a thing....

But I do agree with taking out people when they get hot I seen that several times...But in my eyes it's williston taking it...Bismarck came from behind in there game ...and had some unlikely ppl step up..In my eyes if anyone besides Qvale decides to step up in State then williston will take it...If not Bismarck
sportsfan1989

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:06 pm

Hey I am pulling for Williston as much as anyone.  But if they continue to not get the ball inbounded, and continue to turn it over against the press, they will lose.  If they play 12 guys they will lose IMO.

The only reason they overcome this is Qvale.  He dominated and carried them into state.  They don't have a good enough team to make that many mistakes and get away with it against good teams such as Bismarck. 

Qvale needs some help, Schmitz needs to step up like he did against Mandan every game.  When he plays like that it takes a little bit of the scoring load off of Brian.  The guards just need to be patient and they will get open looks as long as they keep feeding it down low.  I think part of the reason for all of the inconsistency is because the coach keeps subbing everybody out all the time and they can't get into a flow.

hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm

hoopsfan_2007 wrote:Hey I am pulling for Williston as much as anyone.  But if they continue to not get the ball inbounded, and continue to turn it over against the press, they will lose.  If they play 12 guys they will lose IMO.

The only reason they overcome this is Qvale.  He dominated and carried them into state.  They don't have a good enough team to make that many mistakes and get away with it against good teams such as Bismarck. 

Qvale needs some help, Schmitz needs to step up like he did against Mandan every game.  When he plays like that it takes a little bit of the scoring load off of Brian.  The guards just need to be patient and they will get open looks as long as they keep feeding it down low.  I think part of the reason for all of the inconsistency is because the coach keeps subbing everybody out all the time and they can't get into a flow.

Actually I totally agree with that...I mean its hard to get the ball in on a tough team like Bismarck with the D they have...But what I do agree alot with is the fact that we do have 12 players who have ability to play...Williston needs to leave some shooters in there so they can get hot and start hitting some shots..Just like Fesser from Bismarck I mean not taking anything away from him but he just doens't hit that many 3's every game he just go hot.
sportsfan1989

Postby kgmvp8807 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:12 am

just to let u guys know.....the east sends 4 teams to the state tournament as well.
kgmvp8807

Postby bballfan2 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:21 am

kgmvp8807 wrote:just to let u guys know.....the east sends 4 teams to the state tournament as well.

there is 4 teams from the east and i am willing to bet that 3 of them lose on the 1st day and i am willing to bet its going to be an all west championship
bballfan2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:37 am

bballfan2 wrote:
kgmvp8807 wrote:just to let u guys know.....the east sends 4 teams to the state tournament as well.

there is 4 teams from the east and i am willing to bet that 3 of them lose on the 1st day and i am willing to bet its going to be an all west championship

and im willing to bet ur from the west. u guys are a so head strong and if i member right mandan lost to north and south and mandan was supposed to be one of the better teams the only team i think will do good is willy cuz of height for the sole reason that i dont think any east teams have played agaisnt people that tall
Last edited by ghetto*revival on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghetto*revival

Postby 666 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:25 am

i think that state is why they put the teams there is to see who will win and to look for the upset. I do remember upsets last year and the year before

Postby biggie » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:30 am

ghetto*revival wrote:
bballfan2 wrote:

and im willing to bet ur from the west. u guys are a so head strong and if i member right mandan lost to north and south and mandan was supposed to be one of the better teams the only team i think will do good is willy cuz of height for the sole reason that i dont think any east teams have played agaisnt people that tall

Is Mandan going to state?  Nope, doesn't look like it.  Bismarck, Dickinson, Minot, and Williston have proved they are the best in the West.  I also see an all West Championship.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:01 am

The west is going to dominate the east. Minot will roll threw south or devils lake or whoever they play. Then play a close one with bismarck and they will finally prevail. And we will see Minot in the state tournament playing Dickinson. With Dickinson winning it all.
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:33 am

member wrote:The west is going to dominate the east. Minot will roll threw south or devils lake or whoever they play. Then play a close one with bismarck and they will finally prevail. And we will see Minot in the state tournament playing Dickinson. With Dickinson winning it all.

wow bold preditions... i dont think minot will be able to beat bismarck... and if they meat up with bismarck it will have to be in the championship game because they wont be in the same braket... so there goes ur happy ending of a minot vs. dickinson championship game

P.S. there the website with the state tournament pairing whatever they will be with the east

http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Boys/state.html
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby jkaiz » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:10 pm

i think its just gonna be who plays the best the WHOLE tournament.  Can't over look anyone.
jkaiz

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:21 pm

Bismarck over South- this could be a very good matchup, South has the talent and athletes to knock them off, but I'll stick with BHS.

Williston over Shanley- Shanley's guard will be able to pressure Williston's G's and out perform them.  I think Shanley has some of the best guards in the state but have no one to match up with the Qvales'  The big men for Williston will be the difference.

Minot over D-Lake- This should be a great game.  It's hard to go against Devils Lake but Minot is on fire right now.  Look for Minot to continue their hot shooting.

Dickinson over West Fargo- Tate Kick will be the difference and no one on West Fargo will be able to slow him down.  Midgets by double digits.

Semi's
Bismarck over Williston- once again BHS's D will be the main factor.

Dickinson over Minot- Dickinson is too deep for Minot.  Minot can win this if they stay on fire, but they won't be able to stay hot for 36 min.

Championship
BHS over Dickinson- I hate to say it but the Demons will win State A.  I really like this team right now, everybody is picking up their game.  Should be a great game, similar to the WDA Championship but I think it will be close the whole way and possibly will go into OT.

I really hate to pick all west teams, I really do.  The east has some good teams that will pull off a good fight.  But all 4 of these west teams have too much firepower this year for the east.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby smart source » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:40 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
member wrote:The west is going to dominate the east. Minot will roll threw south or devils lake or whoever they play. Then play a close one with bismarck and they will finally prevail. And we will see Minot in the state tournament playing Dickinson. With Dickinson winning it all.

wow bold preditions... i dont think minot will be able to beat bismarck... and if they meat up with bismarck it will have to be in the championship game because they wont be in the same braket... so there goes ur happy ending of a minot vs. dickinson championship game

P.S. there the website with the state tournament pairing whatever they will be with the east

http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Boys/state.html

i thought minot and bhs were in the same bracket? isnt wiliston and dicki in the same 1-4 2-3
smart source

Postby biggie » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:50 pm

Ming01 wrote:Semi's
Bismarck over Williston- once again BHS's D will be the main factor.

I'm thinking Williston might give it to Bismarck this time.  They lost twice to Mandan and then came out on top.  I'm going with the lose 2 win 1 theory for this game.  Otherwise I agree with your predictions.  I think Dickinson vs. Williston would be a great game.  Whoever can stay hot longer in that game will win.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:12 pm

Last edited by shs01240 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys