Best Student or Fan Cheer

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:37 pm

What cheers or taunts are the most creative and what school uses them?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:47 pm

Even though none of you will get it, the "Who's Schwank?...Our Schwank" cheer is pretty creative. Shanley has incorporated Adam Schwankl's name into numerous cheers, hoping he can catch fire from beyond the arc. If you can't understand what they're saying, they're probably doing a Schwank cheer.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:50 pm

scoreboard chant- st. mary's. we havent done many of those this year lol
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:57 pm

I personally enjoy West Fargo's "back to basics" or "fundamentals" chants if a player travels, double dribbles, etc.  However, at the West Fargo/South game South had a very creative cheer in "Your a Suburb" but Ill take our win
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:09 pm

Number7 wrote:I personally enjoy West Fargo's "back to basics" or "fundamentals" chants if a player travels, double dribbles, etc.  However, at the West Fargo/South game South had a very creative cheer in "Your a Suburb" but Ill take our win

i think pretty much everyteam does the "fundamentals" cheer
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:12 pm

Ming01 wrote:scoreboard chant- st. mary's. we havent done many of those this year lol

same can be said for the scoreboard
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:19 pm

Number7 wrote:I personally enjoy West Fargo's "back to basics" or "fundamentals" chants if a player travels, double dribbles, etc.  However, at the West Fargo/South game South had a very creative cheer in "Your a Suburb" but Ill take our win

hahahahaha that made me laugh a little bit
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:44 pm

Number7 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:scoreboard chant- st. mary's. we havent done many of those this year lol

No the st. marys scoreboard cheer is diffent then just Scoreboad, Scoreboard....Its like a 30 second cheer its sweet. Ive heard it before at a soccer game somthing st.mary''s dominates in.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:47 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
Number7 wrote:

No the st. marys scoreboard cheer is diffent then just Scoreboad, Scoreboard....Its like a 30 second cheer its sweet. Ive heard it before at a soccer game somthing st.mary''s dominates in.
Hey ming, Do the soccer players still do the Saint Geeks.  I miss them.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby arsnl7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:48 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
Number7 wrote:

ya id have to agree, its more than your basic scoreboard cheer.  st marys is the only school ive heard do it and i think its sweet. BRILLIANT
arsnl7

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:14 pm

Baller wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
Number7 wrote:

Hey ming, Do the soccer players still do the Saint Geeks.  I miss them.

yes
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:15 pm

Ming01 wrote:
arsnl7 wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
Number7 wrote:

ya id have to agree, its more than your basic scoreboard cheer.  st marys is the only school ive heard do it and i think its sweet. BRILLIANT

yeah the class of 2001 started it i believe, it's awesome. 

hate to break the news to ya ming and this dates me but I graduated in the 90's and we inherited that cheer from classes before me.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:16 pm

Baller wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
arsnl7 wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
Number7 wrote:

yeah the class of 2001 started it i believe, it's awesome. 

hate to break the news to ya ming and this dates me but I graduated in the 90's and we inherited that cheer from classes before me.

yeah i actually just realized that before you posted, my bad.  so it goes back a long ways.

I want to chant it so bad at WDA, but first we have to get a win.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cityleaguer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:01 am

I thought this one was a little tasteless by Dickinson fans....but against Mandan earlier this year when they were about to lose, the Mandan section started chanting "overrated" b/c DHS was #1, so the Dickinson crowd yelled back "you're not rated", it was sort of funny until they came back with...."just like football" talk about getting burned haha.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby O_Snap » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:45 am

cityleaguer wrote:I thought this one was a little tasteless by Dickinson fans....but against Mandan earlier this year when they were about to lose, the Mandan section started chanting "overrated" b/c DHS was #1, so the Dickinson crowd yelled back "you're not rated", it was sort of funny until they came back with...."just like football" talk about getting burned haha.

Yeah I laughed at that one... The funniest part of that I thought was the parents I think were louder then the DHS students I think they were a little upset that they lost haha.... fun times
O_Snap

Postby nelly » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:29 am

Number7 wrote:What cheers or taunts are the most creative and what school uses them?

BHS has the best cheers out of any school in the state! They do the swat one, and many other awesome ones! Shout out to the leader of the KarlGaard Krazies Nick Bethke!
nelly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby threeball » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:39 am

nelly wrote:
Number7 wrote:What cheers or taunts are the most creative and what school uses them?

BHS has the best cheers out of any school in the state! They do the swat one, and many other awesome ones! Shout out to the leader of the KarlGaard Krazies Nick Bethke!

nelly its pretty obvious you go to bhs. they are all you talk about
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:21 am

threeball wrote:
nelly wrote:

nelly its pretty obvious you go to bhs. they are all you talk about

yeah and its pretty obvious who all the people that go to mandan are to whats your point...
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:53 am

nelly wrote:

I don't think BHS is very creative.  Every they do is straight off a ESPN game and as far as the Krazies go, that's Duke's Cameron Crazies... Every one uses that name.  I rank BHS's Krazies (with a K) behind:

UW Milwaukee's - Klotsche's Krazies,  Middle Tennesee Blue Raider's - Kermit Krazies, Kenston High's - Kenston Krazies, San Diego High's - Carver Krazies but I'll rank them ahead of a womens bowling club in Denver called the Colorado Krazies. 
Last edited by Deuce on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ghetto*revival » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:05 pm

i think the shanley fans lead by the infamous jordan rodenbiker are a force to be reckoned with. shanley has only lost 2 home games all year 1 was on a last second shot and the other was to defending minnesota 3a champion minnapolis DeLasalle  and even so that was early in the year and by 9 pts
ghetto*revival

Postby shs01240 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:33 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1814]ghetto*revival[/user] wrote:
i think the shanley fans lead by the infamous jordan rodenbiker are a force to be reckoned with. shanley has only lost 2 home games all year 1 was on a last second shot and the other was to defending minnesota 3a champion minnapolis DeLasalle  and even so that was early in the year and by 9 pts
</span>

i take a small amount of offense by not being mentioned as a leader...
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:57 pm

Last edited by LG_Shanley2007 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:59 pm

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1814]ghetto*revival[/user] wrote:
</span>

i take a small amount of offense by not being mentioned as a leader...

me too...................
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Deuce wrote:
nelly wrote:

I don't think BHS is very creative.  Every they do is straight off a ESPN game and as far as the Krazies go, that's Duke's Cameron Crazies... Every one uses that name.  I rank BHS's Krazies (with a K) behind:

UW Milwaukee's - Klotsche's Krazies,  Middle Tennesee Blue Raider's - Kermit Krazies, Kenston High's - Kenston Krazies, San Diego High's - Carver Krazies but I'll rank them ahead of a womens bowling club in Denver called the Colorado Krazies. 

i dont know but i have never herd... uno...dos...tres... ariba!!!! after a certain person hits a three on esnp
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:34 pm

Please Ming enlighten us on your signs tonight after St. Marys proved they should go Class B? "The best team money can buy?" i thought mandan was poor and just trash, so if thats the case why doesn't century or a private school like St. marys dominate? Obviously we have the team no one in bismarck could buy.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys