WDA

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:28 am

Has this ever happened before. Due to the the Weather Warnings around the state will teams be able to make it to Bismarck on Thursday. It is supposed to snow from midnignt tonight and 6 am Thursday Morning 6-12 inches of snow is predicited.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Carl08 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:30 am

vikes_fan wrote:Has this ever happened before. Due to the the Weather Warnings around the state will teams be able to make it to Bismarck on Thursday. It is supposed to snow from midnignt tonight and 6 am Thursday Morning 6-12 inches of snow is predicited.

I've heard the East will have the same problem.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby arsnl7 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:23 pm

oh my, that would bother me so much if they postponed the tournaments.  teams should just leave a day earlier to get into bismarck or grand forks before the worst of it hits.
Last edited by arsnl7 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arsnl7

Postby threeball » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:05 pm

i dont think its suppose to really be like extremely cold and/or windy. so even if we would get 12 in. of snow over a time period of over a day they could possibly be able to clear the roads in time.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:54 pm

threeball wrote:i dont think its suppose to really be like extremely cold and/or windy. so even if we would get 12 in. of snow over a time period of over a day they could possibly be able to clear the roads in time.

I heard 20-25 mph gusts up to 35
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:01 pm

weather.com is predicting most of the snow to come down wednesday night with a 10-15 mile an hour wind...and on thursday they are predicting scatterned flurries with a 10-20 mile an hour wind... comeon people were from ND everyone will be able to make it to wda..my guess is also that teams will all leave after practice on wednesday makeing willston the only team that could maybe get caught in the storm
Last edited by squeak63 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby bcourtbraves » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:01 pm

I know belcourt is coming in Wedsnday night, i dont think any cancellations or late games will occur.  Since Williston will play the late game on Thursday anyway.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys