WDA or State?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sportsfan1989 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:11 am

I was just wonderng with the intense competition in WDA if it will be more exciting than the State tournament?
sportsfan1989

Postby arsnl7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:34 am

I think the WDA tournament will be more exciting because of the high level of competition.  The talent in the field is the deepest I have seen in years.  I haven't seen much of the east teams play this year so I'm not really sure how they will match up at State.  But I think this weekend should be extremely intense and I dont think anybody should miss it.
arsnl7

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:25 am

it is a very large possiblity that the wda will do the same thing that the edc did in hockey and sweep the first round of the state tourney and this would make for an awesome state tournament... not takeing anything away from the east teams but to see something like dickinson vs. williston and mandan vs. bismarck all semi final games would be some of the most intese games ever in this state. 
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:06 am

and a west fargo vs. south semifinal wouldnt be,  especially in fargo that game would be insane, last thursday south had to bring out extra seating and the bleachers were standing room only, im sick of everyone showing the east no respect, and the east will compete and win in the state tournament
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby biggie » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:08 am

Number7 wrote: the east will compete and win in the state tournament

Are you saying they will win a game or the championship?  East winning a game, maybe; winning state, doubt it.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:19 am

biggie wrote:

Are you saying they will win a game or the championship?  East winning a game, maybe; winning state, doubt it.

not a game but games, and south, west fargo, and d-lake have the ability to win it all
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:20 am

sportsfan1989 wrote:I was just wonderng with the intense competition in WDA if it will be more exciting than the State tournament?

just more bias towards the east, if you guys knew anything about the EDC tourney it should be one of the most intense ever
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:13 pm

Number7 wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:I was just wonderng with the intense competition in WDA if it will be more exciting than the State tournament?

just more bias towards the east, if you guys knew anything about the EDC tourney it should be one of the most intense ever

i completely agree. even the 2 vs. 7 game should be fairly decent, between South and North, along with the 3 vs. 6 game with Shanley and Wahpeton. usually you can assume that the higher seeds will win those games, but this year is so wide open, no one is safe.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan1989 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:22 pm

Number7 wrote:
biggie wrote:

not a game but games, and south, west fargo, and d-lake have the ability to win it all

No they really don't, the WDA is far too strong
sportsfan1989

Postby arsnl7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:46 pm

Most of us people from the WDA say that the east has no chance.  But who has seen all of the EDC teams play?  I agree the west is extremely good, but I can't say the west will dominate because I have no idea how the WDA and EDC match up.
arsnl7

Postby threeball » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:05 pm

arsnl7 wrote:Most of us people from the WDA say that the east has no chance.  But who has seen all of the EDC teams play?  I agree the west is extremely good, but I can't say the west will dominate because I have no idea how the WDA and EDC match up.

the wda is definantly much stronger than the edc but the edc could play very good in the tourny and some teams could have a chance of going far. i would still put my money on a wda team winning it but you never know.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:51 pm

This is a joke the three best players in the state are from the west and also the 5 best teams. This year i think only 3 teams should make it from the east. It would make the state tournament better.
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:03 pm

member wrote:This is a joke the three best players in the state are from the west and also the 5 best teams. This year i think only 3 teams should make it from the east. It would make the state tournament better.

definenly there is no doubt in my mind that the team that looses the 3rd and 4th place game in wda tounrey (not makeing it to state) could turn around the next week and play well enough to win the state tourney.. thats how immaculate (had to look that one up) the wda is
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbq_chicken_fan83 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:32 pm

thats a dumb question of couse state.  east might suprise some people.  Mandan has lost quite a few to eastern teams and the tournament is in fargo.
bbq_chicken_fan83

Postby sportsfan1989 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:35 pm

bbq_chicken_fan83 wrote:thats a dumb question of couse state.  east might suprise some people.  Mandan has lost quite a few to eastern teams and the tournament is in fargo.

big Deal Mandans record in the beggining of the season wasn't that good..in my eyes Belcourt could beat any EDC team..period
sportsfan1989

Postby threeball » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:48 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
bbq_chicken_fan83 wrote:thats a dumb question of couse state.  east might suprise some people.  Mandan has lost quite a few to eastern teams and the tournament is in fargo.

big Deal Mandans record in the beggining of the season wasn't that good..in my eyes Belcourt could beat any EDC team..period

ok i dont really know about that. come on now of coarse belcourt "could" beat teams from the edc, but belcourt is not better than every team in the edc if thats what you are sayin.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:48 pm

everyone wait so when the east competes and beats all of these teams from the west you will all see how right I am, and dont give me Belcourt will beat everyone is the EDC, West Fargo, South, and D-Lake would all be towrads the top of the west if they played in the WDA
Last edited by Number7 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:51 pm

Number7 wrote:everyone wait so when the east competes and beats all of these teams from the west you will all see how right I am, and dont give me and this this bulls**t that Belcourt will beat everyone is the EDC, West Fargo, South, and D-Lake would all be towrads the top of the west if they played in the WDA

number 7 you need to not be so cocky about your edc. i agreed with you with the belcourt, but come on.  sure the east could do alright but look at the west. top 4 players in the state and much stronger teams.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:57 pm

threeball wrote:
Number7 wrote:everyone wait so when the east competes and beats all of these teams from the west you will all see how right I am, and dont give me and this this bulls**t that Belcourt will beat everyone is the EDC, West Fargo, South, and D-Lake would all be towrads the top of the west if they played in the WDA

number 7 you need to not be so cocky about your edc. i agreed with you with the belcourt, but come on.  sure the east could do alright but look at the west. top 4 players in the state and much stronger teams.

im not saying the east will completely dominate the whole tournament but I'm just sick of people saying the west will dominate the whole tourney.  I have a lot of respect for the west teams they have very good players, and any of the top 4 teams in the WDA could win it all, but i dont know how deep they are as a team
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:57 pm

threeball wrote:

im not saying the east will completely dominate the whole tournament but I'm just sick of people saying the west will dominate the whole tourney.  I have a lot of respect for the west teams they have very good players, and any of the top 4 teams in the WDA could win it all, but i dont know how deep they are as a team
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:03 pm

Number7 wrote:
threeball wrote:

you can argue that mertens is one of the top 4 players in the state as he has the best numbers and his team is doing very good also look at a team like south no player is top 10 in the state but 3 or 4 are top 25 so you have to think they can win then you have teams like dickinson bismarck mandan who need one or two players to play good every game which they usually do if i had to pick a team from the east to win it would be south but any of the top 5 in the west could win also a lot of teams have what it takes to win which is just hustling and playing hard and getting hot at the right times

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:12 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Number7 wrote:
threeball wrote:

you can argue that mertens is one of the top 4 players in the state as he has the best numbers and his team is doing very good also look at a team like south no player is top 10 in the state but 3 or 4 are top 25 so you have to think they can win then you have teams like dickinson bismarck mandan who need one or two players to play good every game which they usually do if i had to pick a team from the east to win it would be south but any of the top 5 in the west could win also a lot of teams have what it takes to win which is just hustling and playing hard and getting hot at the right times

thats exactly what i am talking about but even West Fargo: cant forget Farkas and Dye, but role players Schnepf, reznecheck, and Gibson are stepping into their roles, especially Schenpf who is becoming a proven scorer; also Devils Lake: obviously BJ but dont forget about Jordan Mertens, Vandevoort and Snyder also can shoot the rock
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr. Me Too » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:18 pm

threeball wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

ok i dont really know about that. come on now of coarse belcourt "could" beat teams from the edc, but belcourt is not better than every team in the edc if thats what you are sayin.
i think Belcourt could POSSIBLY be a top team in the EDC, but you'll never know. . .
they did beat pre-seeded Red River at the beginngin' of the year, and Red River went on a little bit of a losing streak after that, but i think belcourt could be pretty competitive in the EDC. . .
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:00 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:

Yup centur could battle with the east they beat south in the begging of the season who I believe is number one i the east wow. Talk about lack of talent.
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:05 pm

The wda is going to be a great tournament, it'll be hard for the state tournament to top it
AandBfan

Return to Boys