school spirit

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby guest » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:27 pm

which team would you guys say has the best student section in the state?

Postby arsnl7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:38 am

From what I've seen so far, I would have to say Dickinson.  I think the "Super Midget" t-shirt idea (or whatever they call it) is really sweet.  When I was up there for a game recently and I didn't hear any "disrespectful" cheers from them.  They had the occasional "airball" chant, but I think anybody who airballs a shot deserves it.  They cheered for their team not against the opposition.  They have my vote.
arsnl7

Postby O_Snap » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:32 am

arsnl7 wrote:From what I've seen so far, I would have to say Dickinson.  I think the "Super Midget" t-shirt idea (or whatever they call it) is really sweet.  When I was up there for a game recently and I didn't hear any "disrespectful" cheers from them.  They had the occasional "airball" chant, but I think anybody who airballs a shot deserves it.  They cheered for their team not against the opposition.  They have my vote.
Last edited by O_Snap on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
O_Snap

Postby bballin_it » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:15 am

arsnl7 wrote:From what I've seen so far, I would have to say Dickinson.  I think the "Super Midget" t-shirt idea (or whatever they call it) is really sweet.  When I was up there for a game recently and I didn't hear any "disrespectful" cheers from them.  They had the occasional "airball" chant, but I think anybody who airballs a shot deserves it.  They cheered for their team not against the opposition.  They have my vote.

worst crowd ever. the only people that cheer in dickinson is the front row of kids wearing those t-shirts. i would say they do have some good sportsmanship, but definately not best school spirit.
bballin_it
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:17 am

DL has a great fan following.  They follow their teams everywhere.  They have that small town mentality and it is a big deal to cheer on their teams.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:24 am

Baller wrote:DL has a great fan following.  They follow their teams everywhere.  They have that small town mentality and it is a big deal to cheer on their teams.

haha thats foolish and you know it anytime DL has played a fargo team they barely have any fans come and school spirit wise shanley has some loud and rowdy fans
ghetto*revival

Postby ND_SportsNut » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:05 am

ghetto*revival wrote:
Baller wrote:DL has a great fan following.  They follow their teams everywhere.  They have that small town mentality and it is a big deal to cheer on their teams.

haha thats foolish and you know it anytime DL has played a fargo team they barely have any fans come and school spirit wise shanley has some loud and rowdy fans

DL has the best fan following in the EDC, first of all DL has far more fans who go to Fargo games than any Fargo school ever has come to DL so don't even start with that, second of all you must be the coolest dude at Shanley considering you call your self "ghetto revival" and say your from compton, give me a break
ND_SportsNut

Postby DL fan1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:44 am

well lets put it this way they got the school spirit award for hockey, i dont see why they wont get it for basketball
DL fan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:12 am

Pretty sure they did get it last year for the girls state tourney and they even lost out in the first two games.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threeball » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:15 am

from what ive seen hardly anyone comes to fargo north/south games
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:17 am

the south/WF game was packed, they had to pull out extra bleachers along the baseline, but that was the first time I have ever seen that gym packed
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:17 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:
ghetto*revival wrote:

DL has the best fan following in the EDC, first of all DL has far more fans who go to Fargo games than any Fargo school ever has come to DL so don't even start with that, second of all you must be the coolest dude at Shanley considering you call your self "ghetto revival" and say your from compton, give me a break

after talking to this guy i do actually believe he is from compton

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Stromer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:30 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:
ghetto*revival wrote:

No doubt.  Tournaments hate when DL doesn't make it because their fans follow their teams everywhere.  I also heard last year that DL fans almost outnumbered WF fans in their own gym.  (pretty sure it was WF).  They travel.  Period.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:10 am

Baller wrote:the south/WF game was packed, they had to pull out extra bleachers along the baseline, but that was the first time I have ever seen that gym packed

and all of those bleachers were for west fargo students, west fargo has an excellent student section. I know for a fact they have had kids at every game except d-lake and the ones in bismarck, I know there were 0 DL kids in West Fargo this year and they go to the games cause there is nothing else to do in d-lake except go ice fishing
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:53 pm

Mandan and Bismarck... Dickinson and Century each have like 10 kids that get into and thats it
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby cityleaguer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:05 pm

King James wrote:Mandan and Bismarck... Dickinson and Century each have like 10 kids that get into and thats it

I don't understand what was just said? anyone translate?
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:10 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
King James wrote:Mandan and Bismarck... Dickinson and Century each have like 10 kids that get into and thats it

I don't understand what was just said? anyone translate?

Mandan and Bismarck have the most school spirit.  Dickinson and Century have only like 10 kids that get into it.  Yeah it took me a little bit to understand it.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:17 pm

Bismarck High's crowd is pretty good, Mandan's is loud, but everything I heard when i was there was all taunting and doing stupid stuff, it wasn't really cheering for their team just doing whatever they could to make fun of the other
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:20 pm

play_d_shoot3 wrote:Bismarck High's crowd is pretty good, Mandan's is loud, but everything I heard when i was there was all taunting and doing stupid stuff, it wasn't really cheering for their team just doing whatever they could to make fun of the other

dont try to say mandan is only team tauting come on man you know theres more....
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:25 pm

I know they aren't the only ones...basically every crowd does a little taunting at times...I'm just saying in response to King James comment about them and Bismarck having the best crowd. 
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbq_chicken_fan83 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:49 pm

I know some kids who are embarrased to be part of the Bismarck student section.  They try way to hard and it is ridiculous to be in the same gym as them.
bbq_chicken_fan83

Postby minotfan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:28 pm

Im not gonna lie the cheering that goes on in Minot is usually just making fun of the other team.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:46 pm

play_d_shoot3 wrote:Bismarck High's crowd is pretty good, Mandan's is loud, but everything I heard when i was there was all taunting and doing stupid stuff, it wasn't really cheering for their team just doing whatever they could to make fun of the other

all the mandan games i went to it seems like they should be way louder with the amount of students they have there.  At the Mdn-BHS game Mandan's student section was twice the size of Bismarck's and it seemed like Bismarck was twice as loud.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby threeball » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:48 pm

Ming01 wrote:

all the mandan games i went to it seems like they should be way louder with the amount of students they have there.  At the Mdn-BHS game Mandan's student section was twice the size of Bismark's and it seemed like Bismarck was twice as loud.

ming where were you sitting at the game?
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whocares? » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:51 pm

King James wrote:Century each have like 10 kids that get into and thats it

our crowd is very pathetic, but evan kendall does have a posse, but only a couple posse members actually get into the game.

at the bhs game on thursday our crowd was pathetic less than half was standin up and even less than that was even cheering
whocares?

Next

Return to Boys