Video Game Winning Shot - Dickinson v Mandan Feb 22, 2007

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Glen Bruhschwein » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:51 pm

Here's the Youtube link to a video of Marcus Fridley's beautiful ASSIST to Tate Kick for the Game winner with 7 seconds left on the clock.  This was set up by a HUGE rebound by Dickinson's Kyle Schoeder after a free throw miss at the Dickinson basket with about 20 seconds left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzYBn7-Ypc

Clutch stuff.

Mandan played very well including a big 19 point swing in the 2nd half.     Dickinson played hard and kept in the game mentally.

Great HS basketball game.
Glen Bruhschwein
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:53 pm

FANTASTIC FRIGGIN PASS
rep

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:59 pm

the best part is Kick's class being the first one out of the pile to shake hands.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDdominator » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:10 pm

I wouldn't say a nice pass as much as really bad defense but nice to see it open
NDdominator

Postby West Dakota » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:18 am

That was a nice pass, thanks for the video!
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

I need to know somthing, what is with the Dickinson coach and his towels?
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby bb12 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:30 am

Hey thanks for posting the video but a quick question for you....did u purposely cut out the last 8 sec of the game where there was a questionable charge call that def. would have changed the game either way.   Your video clip goes from Kicks basket to the crowd running on the floor..what happened to the rest of it???...good editing skills though!
Last edited by bb12 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
bb12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby da_man 23 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:45 am

NDdominator wrote:I wouldn't say a nice pass as much as really bad defense but nice to see it open

How could u say that wasn't a nice pass, looked like the mandan player was inches from pickin that off....... that was a great pass!!!
da_man 23

Postby NIZZLer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:06 am

NDdominator wrote:I wouldn't say a nice pass as much as really bad defense but nice to see it open

It was an incredibly nice pass, but #21(?) fell asleep on defense. After the pick and roll he was supposed to be guarding Kick but he turned his back on him... he got caught watching the ball.
NIZZLer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby thankyou_sir41 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:47 am

yeah poor defense on that one

now about that dunk contest stuff, is kick finally gonna get some recognition haha
You will not Win cuz i will not Lose
thankyou_sir41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da_man 23 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:14 am

thankyou_sir41 wrote:yeah poor defense on that one

now about that dunk contest stuff, is kick finally gonna get some recognition haha

Xpecially since he hasn't missed a dunk all year, unlike some of the others mentioned.  i think he has bout 12 or 13 for the year.
da_man 23

Postby cdub1 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:32 pm

thankyou_sir41 wrote:yeah poor defense on that one

kick throws down so easy nice stuff too

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dix06 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:14 pm

Ditka14 wrote:I need to know somthing, what is with the Dickinson coach and his towels?

you cant even see the coach on there
dix06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:45 pm

not to many guys in the middle wouldve picked that pass off.  it looked like he was lookin the defender away and set him up to me.  i would say its more of a nice pass than bad defense.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:56 pm

sodadrinker wrote:not to many guys in the middle wouldve picked that pass off.  it looked like he was lookin the defender away and set him up to me.  i would say its more of a nice pass than bad defense.

it was more bad defense. the pass was great and put in a perfect spot, but its not there if they guy was actually playing defense on Kick. if you are guarding Kick, and he is cutting to the basket on a pick-and-roll with that little amount of time left, you are on his hip and finding out what kind of gum he is chewing. you never want to leave the teams best player open like that in the post in a situation like that.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Chewy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:25 am

Any idea where Kick is going to college to play basketball?
Chewy

Postby larryjohnstonethefourth » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:30 pm

does anyone have videos of kick dunking it??.....im jus sayin because i would like to see him dunk it because he is a really awesome player
larryjohnstonethefourth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Glen Bruhschwein » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:50 am

larryjohnstonethefourth wrote:does anyone have videos of kick dunking it??.....im jus sayin because i would like to see him dunk it because he is a really awesome player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5EmthpEsE8

Here are a few dunks on video.  For whatever reason, youtube is locking this video up at the 2 second mark, just advance it to the 5 or 6 second mark - and then it is fine. 
Glen Bruhschwein
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys