Minot vs. Williston

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby MinotBison » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:13 pm

Williston beat Minot by about 9 or so tonight.

I cannot figure out how a team like Williston, with their size, loses to anyone.  Minot actually had a slight rebounding edge in the game.

Qvale had about 19 for the Coyotes, and Elgie for Minot had I think 20.  Both had some early foul trouble.  Neither team is the same without those two.

Interestingly, they may meet again in the first round of the WDA playoffs.

MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby siouxfan4life » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:45 pm

I was at the Williston game tonight and from what I saw it doesnt surprise me that Williston does lose on occasion.  How many times in the second half with the game on the line did Williston go down on offense and Quale did not even touch the ball for about 5 straight possesions?????  Someone please explain that to me. 
siouxfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kissarmy74 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:33 am

that is the way that they have been doing things all year.  they don't use the big man nearly enough.  i believe that he only had 11 shot attempts, which in my opinion is not nearly enough.  he was open in the post so much, and they don't even look to enter the ball from the wing.
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. -Joe Paterno
kissarmy74
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:49 am

Yeah this is very true, so why does everyone think all Williston is, is Brian Qvale?
sportsfan1989

Postby minotfan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:13 am

kissarmy74 wrote:that is the way that they have been doing things all year.  they don't use the big man nearly enough.  i believe that he only had 11 shot attempts, which in my opinion is not nearly enough.  he was open in the post so much, and they don't even look to enter the ball from the wing.

that is the reason that they aren't the number 1 team in the state anymore
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Fritoman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:32 am

If the ball went in to the big man on every play, how long do you really think it would take for the opposing team to figure it out and start putting 3 or 4 guys on him? It happens at almost every game when he gets the ball. It is a lot better to make a balanced team and mix things up.
Last edited by Fritoman on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter

Postby kissarmy74 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:07 am

i agree with you on that, i am not saying that he should touch it everytime down the court, but he should get more looks. there are many times when he is open that he doesn't touch the ball.  he is a very good passer from the post, which opens up shots for the guards, which they will make. 
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. -Joe Paterno
kissarmy74
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys