maurer top in assists

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby thankyou_sir41 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:06 pm

what does everyone think about that
You will not Win cuz i will not Lose
thankyou_sir41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr. Me Too » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:35 pm

it's no fluke, he sets up his teammates real well
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cityleaguer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:45 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:it's no fluke, he sets up his teammates real well

If by setting them up well you mean making one pass to Belohlavek and he takes care of the rest, he just happens to be the point guard...anyone on that team could lead in assists if they had the ball in their hands as often as Maurer does.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:20 pm

cityleaguer wrote:

If by setting them up well you mean making one pass to Belohlavek and he takes care of the rest, he just happens to be the point guard...anyone on that team could lead in assists if they had the ball in their hands as often as Maurer does.

the point guard is steve pletan and i would say most of his assists go to benz or hoff also do u think belohlavek only catches and shoots he goes one on one and scores everytime no assists there
Last edited by cdub1 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:43 pm

maurer has always been a good passer
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby sports24 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:58 pm

cdub1 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:

the point guard is steve pletan and i would say most of his assists go to benz or hoff also do u think belohlavek only catches and shoots he goes one on one and scores everytime no assists there

I'll second that...most of mauer's dishes aren't to belohlavek they are to other players off the drive because mauer's drive is so hard to stop. Belohlavek does get most of his points in one on one situations.
sports24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby O_Snap » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:40 pm

Just a little off topic but Belohlavek is 2nd in assists behind Maurer only trailing by 4 assists..... but he's a "ballhog" according to BHS lol...
O_Snap

Postby cityleaguer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:28 pm

O_Snap wrote:Just a little off topic but Belohlavek is 2nd in assists behind Maurer only trailing by 4 assists..... but he's a "ballhog" according to BHS lol...

Do you think that has anything to do with the fact that when Justin drives the opposing defense converges so hard on him that there's almost always an open man for an easy bucket?????
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:32 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
O_Snap wrote:Just a little off topic but Belohlavek is 2nd in assists behind Maurer only trailing by 4 assists..... but he's a "ballhog" according to BHS lol...

Do you think that has anything to do with the fact that when Justin drives the opposing defense converges so hard on him that there's almost always an open man for an easy bucket?????

Thats not an assist either way?????
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:51 pm

cityleaguer wrote:

What is the point your trying to prove with this post exactly??  Maybe im not understanding....
O_Snap

Postby cityleaguer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:23 am

vikes_fan wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:

what are you talking about.....how is that not an assist, have you ever played bball or are you still learning the fundamentals?  passing the ball to someone and them scoring off that pass is most definitely an assist.

And my point of these responses is to have a discussion with you and O_Snap from an opposing point of view.  I believe Maurer leads b/c Belohlavek can score 51 in a game, and I believe Belohlavek also is 2nd b/c players are forced to leave their men to help on Justin....I don't see what you 2 have a problem with, it's just my side of the discussion right?

Oh yeah, by the way, nice Avatar O_Snap, haha
Last edited by cityleaguer on Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:03 am

cityleaguer wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:

what are you talking about.....how is that not an assist, have you ever played bball or are you still learning the fundamentals?  passing the ball to someone and them scoring off that pass is most definitely an assist.

And my point of these responses is to have a discussion with you and O_Snap from an opposing point of view.  I believe Maurer leads b/c Belohlavek can score 51 in a game, and I believe Belohlavek also is 2nd b/c players are forced to leave their men to help on Justin....I don't see what you 2 have a problem with, it's just my side of the discussion right?

Im actually suprise that he is only getting 4 or whatever he is getting seemed like he had about 8 or 9 against us.
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:02 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:

What i was tryin to say is i thought u didnt think it should count u know.......but my bad
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:06 pm

this is a joke topic, hes been averging close to 5 all season obviously its not a FLUKE!!
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball30 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:47 pm

your kidding me, is this really a topic, how much more are we gunna brag this kid up
baseball30

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:49 pm

baseball30 wrote:your kidding me, is this really a topic, how much more are we gunna brag this kid up

he isnt getting bragged up at all its a FACT not my opinion that he is leading the state in assists its not like its called josh maurer the best passer in the history of north dakota

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tarheels13 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:20 pm

cdub1 wrote:
baseball30 wrote:your kidding me, is this really a topic, how much more are we gunna brag this kid up

he isnt getting bragged up at all its a FACT not my opinion that he is leading the state in assists its not like its called josh maurer the best passer in the history of north dakota

sorry but mauer is not leading the state in assists.  That would be bj mertens.  He is averaging 5 assists per game and mauer is at 4.8
tarheels13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:23 pm

tarheels13 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

sorry but mauer is not leading the state in assists.  That would be bj mertens.  He is averaging 5 assists per game and mauer is at 4.8

ya u r rite i dint check the edc page in a couple days although i doubt maurer is at 4.8 but im not going to get into that

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfootball » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:41 pm

Wow, this topic is a joke. I love it when Mandan people go out on a limb to talk about there team.
ndfootball

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:42 pm

ndfootball wrote:Wow, this topic is a joke. I love it when Mandan people go out on a limb to talk about there team.

not hard to talk about our team really but what is wrong with the topic other than the fact that nobody likes to give mandan credit for anything

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfootball » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:50 pm

cdub1 wrote:
ndfootball wrote:Wow, this topic is a joke. I love it when Mandan people go out on a limb to talk about there team.

not hard to talk about our team really but what is wrong with the topic other than the fact that nobody likes to give mandan credit for anything

I dont know how you say people dont give mandan credit.  Most people on this site think that Belhavlek should be Mr. Basketball.
ndfootball

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:51 pm

ndfootball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

I dont know how you say people dont give mandan credit.  Most people on this site think that Belhavlek should be Mr. Basketball.

is belohlavek mandan???i dont think he is mandan he is a player on mandan

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndman » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:10 pm

cdub1 wrote:
ndfootball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

is belohlavek mandan???i dont think he is mandan he is a player on mandan

Belohlavek pretty much is Mandan.  If he doesn't play that well the team does not play very well at all.
ndman

Postby NDdominator » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:20 pm

yea this site is a majority of mandan kids but maurer is having a good season it really helps him that most defenses key on Justin and it leaves for some pretty easy passes to open people but give him credit for finding them but I feel on a different team like williston, dickinson, or BHS he wouldn't be avg. that many
NDdominator

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:27 pm

i think if he was on williston he would get more when you can give it to a post player who scores everytime but he isnt so it dont matter

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys