west soph. tourny

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

who will win the west soph tourny

Poll runs till Mon Apr 18, 2044 9:23 pm

belcourt
8%
jamestown
4%
dickinson
No votes
bismarck
13%
mandan
25%
minot
29%
williston
13%
st. marys
4%
century
4%

Total votes : 24

Postby threeball » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:38 pm

just curious who everyone thinks will win
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:46 pm

either mandan minot bismarck or st marys if they bring down harris chuppe and wirth will win it no cinderella story's in this one... it all depends on how those teams play at any given moment... bismarck has shown they can beat minot..minot has shown that they can beat bismarck.. mandan and minot are the same way and bismarck has played good enough to beat mandan in spirts but not for a hole game
Last edited by squeak63 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDdominator » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:03 pm

really??? wow
NDdominator

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:44 am

NDdominator wrote:really??? wow

hey he asked who i thought would win and i threw it out there... also i have to wonder are people just messing around voteing for belcourt in the sophmore tourney??? i believe there average margin of vicory is -30?
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:52 pm

looks like minot is the favorite coming in they will need to step their game up with pintar playing and i believe maurer also playing

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndbb » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:04 pm

did anyone here know the sophomore tournament is invite only?
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:08 pm

ndbb wrote:did anyone here know the sophomore tournament is invite only?

did not know that thought every team could come y is it invite only?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndbb » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:09 pm

well Jamestown wasnt invited this year, and Beluah was not last year.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:11 pm

ndbb wrote:well Jamestown wasnt invited this year, and Beluah was not last year.

that is pretty dumb in my opinion

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:13 pm

was jamestown not invited becuase they are the last seed?
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:16 pm

sqeak63 wrote:was jamestown not invited becuase they are the last seed?

it would make sense because without jamestown it is an even 8
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:45 pm

Minot over Mandan and Bismarck are they playing well or something
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:51 pm

King James wrote:Minot over Mandan and Bismarck are they playing well or something

minot is a good team bismarck has not impressed me as much has minot has i think minot has better individual players bismarck has pintar who is a good shooter but the rest of their team isnt the greatest all solid but no standouts especially with no jacobson also im assuming the freshman on bismarck will play in the sophomore tournament? if they are then bismarck should be good

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:51 pm

im going to still predict mandan gets the win in this tournament though
Last edited by cdub1 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MHSfan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:09 pm

cdub1 wrote:
King James wrote:Minot over Mandan and Bismarck are they playing well or something

minot is a good team bismarck has not impressed me as much has minot has i think minot has better individual players bismarck has pintar who is a good shooter but the rest of their team isnt the greatest all solid but no standouts especially with no jacobson also im assuming the freshman on bismarck will play in the sophomore tournament? if they are then bismarck should be good

Are you talking about thorton? Man that would be weak.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:12 pm

MHSfan wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

yeah thortan wont come down... would anyone be upset if jacobson played in the sophmore tourney 2 years in a row... just wondering becuase i think this is why they arent letting him play
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:17 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
MHSfan wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

yeah thortan wont come down... would anyone be upset if jacobson played in the sophmore tourney 2 years in a row... just wondering becuase i think this is why they arent letting him play

i dont think it should matter
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MHSfan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:20 pm

Ya I can't see why this would be a bad thing. Whats the deal on the rule anyway?
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:20 pm

MHSfan wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

no i meant joliffe and deyle

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby coyote#12 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:51 am

The tournament is completely screwed up now.  Half the teams cant go and most of the teams that are going lied about the number of games they played so they can be there.  So it doesn't matter anymore.
coyote#12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSfan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:07 pm

Ya I think that is the reason that the EDC tournament got cancelled.  The limit I believe is 57 halfs which is about 28 games or so. Most kids playing soph and then jv will play about three halves a night.  I'm not pointing fingers or anything but if Williston isn't going because of half trouble then how many other teams, like Bismarck or Mandan are cutting it close to the 57 limit.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:45 pm

jacobson and pintar cant play for bhs pintar has reached the half limit to the season and jacobson played last year and if williston would have been able to play deyle could because hes only got 4 halfs left so anything in overtime he could be in trouble
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:49 pm

King James wrote:jacobson and pintar cant play for bhs pintar has reached the half limit to the season and jacobson played last year and if williston would have been able to play deyle could because hes only got 4 halfs left so anything in overtime he could be in trouble

overtimes dont count towards halfs
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby smsaints » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:32 pm

I know i am a saints fan but what do u guys think the saint mary's sophs could have done with the 3 sophs playing up coming down for the tourney
smsaints
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:36 pm

smsaints wrote:I know i am a saints fan but what do u guys think the saint mary's sophs could have done with the 3 sophs playing up coming down for the tourney

the st marys mandan game would have been very close i think not sure who would have won but it would have been a battle

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys