Best team in the west in 07-08

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby playinball3 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:41 pm

just wanted to see what u guys thought about the teams for next year.
playinball3

Postby kgmvp8807 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:00 pm

dont get too ahead of yourself. the end of this season is just coming upon us, so lets sit back and enjoy that first
kgmvp8807

Postby Ming01 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:41 pm

century or minot
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Spektak_24 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:44 pm

Who Cares....We're not even done with this season yet....wait til a state champion has been crowned before you start talkin about next year....this is a dumb and premature thread
Spektak_24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:44 am

Ming01 wrote:century or minot

definantly not century
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:47 am

threeball wrote:

definantly not century

yes, they will have just about everyone back.  kringstad, both govig's, kendall, and effertz they should be one of the top teams but the only question is their depth
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:09 am

I agree this way too premature but i would say Minot.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:58 am

bcourtbraves wrote:I agree this way too premature but i would say Minot.

Ya i agree its to early Minot will be tuff. West Fargo has Farkas and Dye coming back and you cant forget about Devils Lake wit Mertens coming back
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:40 pm

Ming01 wrote:
threeball wrote:

definantly not century

yes, they will have just about everyone back.  kringstad, both govig's, kendall, and effertz they should be one of the top teams but the only question is their depth

im not saying they will be bad but i dont think they will be the best in the west
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UND#1 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:46 pm

threeball wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
threeball wrote:

definantly not century

im not saying they will be bad but i dont think they will be the best in the west

Century got killed by minot tonight and minot is playing more juniors than century is.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:26 am

Minot will be good century wont be they have a lot of guys comin back but there not that good bismarck has a good jv and they got martinez back and mandan will be pretty good
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:05 am

i think mandan is going to be really good there jv team is very solid and they have two juniors starting varsity right now
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:20 am

with all of the amazing players and some good senior role players graduating, century will be one of the top teams in the west next year.  minot will be at the top of course with Elgie and Co.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby playinball3 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:40 pm

King James wrote:Minot will be good century wont be they have a lot of guys comin back but there not that good bismarck has a good jv and they got martinez back and mandan will be pretty good

Century has 4 of 5 starters returning and 2 really good freshmen how do u say they are not going to be good
playinball3

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:02 pm

playinball3 wrote:
King James wrote:Minot will be good century wont be they have a lot of guys comin back but there not that good bismarck has a good jv and they got martinez back and mandan will be pretty good

Century has 4 of 5 starters returning and 2 really good freshmen how do u say they are not going to be good

you can tell king james doesnt have a lot of knowledge about basketball

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:10 pm

cdub1 wrote:
playinball3 wrote:

haha nice comment cdub... but the only thing he said that was wrong is that century isn't goin to be good next year
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDdominator » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:15 pm

[user=1591]sqeak63[/user] wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
playinball3 wrote:

haha nice comment cdub... but the only thing he said that was wrong is that century isn't goin to be good next year

I don't know I'm always a little skeptical when people say mandan is going to be good but you never know I'm going w/ BHS next year alot of young guys getting some good experience and BHS is always a safe bet
NDdominator

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:21 pm

NDdominator wrote:[user=1591]sqeak63[/user] wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
playinball3 wrote:

I don't know I'm always a little skeptical when people say mandan is going to be good but you never know I'm going w/ BHS next year alot of young guys getting some good experience and BHS is always a safe bet

bismarck high is allways going to be near the top in any sport...i cant remember the last time they werent right there in basketball.. something like 15 out of 17 state semi final games in a row.... but i think the mandan basketball program is really starting to come around and might become a perenial contender year in and year out
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
NDdominator wrote:[user=1591]sqeak63[/user] wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
playinball3 wrote:

bismarck high is allways going to be near the top in any sport...i cant remember the last time they werent right there in basketball.. something like 15 out of 17 state semi final games in a row.... but i think the mandan basketball program is really starting to come around and might become a perenial contender year in and year out

bismarck and minot are always good mandan mite start getting good with good sophomore and junior classes an amazing freshman class with one of the best and tallest in the state also have a very good shooter coming up in jesse kist

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cornerback*22 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:30 pm

cdub1 wrote:
sqeak63[/user] wrote: [/b]
[quote][b][user=1443]NDdominator"][user=1591]sqeak63[/user] wrote:
[quote][quote="cdub1 wrote:
playinball3 wrote:

bismarck high is allways going to be near the top in any sport...i cant remember the last time they werent right there in basketball.. something like 15 out of 17 state semi final games in a row.... but i think the mandan basketball program is really starting to come around and might become a perenial contender year in and year out[/quote]
bismarck and minot are always good mandan mite start getting good with good sophomore and junior classes an amazing freshman class with one of the best and tallest in the state also have a very good shooter coming up in jesse kist
the freshman class of mandan with the exception of kielpinski is a very good team basketball group, they dont have one or two guys that stand out, their just a very good team.
Last edited by cornerback*22 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cornerback*22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSfan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:55 am

Minot should be good with only two seniors graduating and the rest of the team coming back next year. They should be a force in the west next year with a team comparable to last years team.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:01 am

i guarantee century is still not going to be in the top 4 or 5 unless they start improving and working in the offseason kringstad and kendall are the only ones that got better and you could say bruce did too but his brother has not done anything hes their leading scorer barely and hes takin 50-60 more shots then the next guy and their post
Last edited by King James on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:09 am

King James wrote: i guarantee century is still not going to be in the top 4 or 5 unless they start improving and working in the offseason kringstad and kendall are the only ones that got better and you could say bruce did too but his brother has not done anything hes their leading scorer barely and hes takin 50-60 more shots then the next guy and their post

you can keep living in your own dream world
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:19 am

well we'll just see theres Minot Mandan Bismarck Williston Dickinson and Belcourt i know they wont finish in front of Minot Mandan or Bismarck i guess there is a possibility after looking at how many people those other 3 are losing
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby playinball3 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:59 am

King James wrote:well we'll just see theres Minot Mandan Bismarck Williston Dickinson and Belcourt i know they wont finish in front of Minot Mandan or Bismarck i guess there is a possibility after looking at how many people those other 3 are losing

didnt century go to overtime with williston and minot and lose to belcourt by 2 and bismarck by less than ten. thats with 4 juniors starting who got zero or limited time last year. with the experience they are getting how do u say they wont be a top contender next year
playinball3

Next

Return to Boys