How stacked is Umary getting...

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:39 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
Deuce wrote:Kick (DHS)              23.9, 9.56
Mertins (DL)           23.9, 9.09
Elgie (MHS)            21.5, 9.25
Wilhelm (BHS)        20.3, 8.31
Brian Qvale (WHS) 20.1, 9.44

Dominating to me means far superior than the rest and it looks like Qvale is right with everyone else at the top. 

But where I'd definately say Qvale is dominating is blocked shots.

Great post Deuce, lots of facts that i didn't know. Qvale was the most overrated player the last two years, now he finally has a good year and all of the sudden hes dominating.....looks to me hes not and what 6'11'' kid isn't gonna be dominating in blocks. Lots of average height ppl that are about the same as qvale for rbds also.

Those guys are right. I consider domination as being like Deuce said, far more superior then the rest of the field. Jeff Boschee dominated high school basketball his senior year. He is just one of the examples I could think of that I think most people would agree on. I have seen Brian play and he is a very good player, I'm not taking that away from him. O.J Mayo dominates high school basketball. LeBron James dominated back when he played. To me someone who dominates is the guy that when he gets on the floor, you know you have no chance of stopping him...only containing him. This year I would say Belohlavek is the most dominate player in high school basketball. And I would think that everyone who isn't bias towards there school or town would agree. I have played against his brother Brent, and I will say, he is a very good player. Moves very well for his size. But unless he has a great point guard that he is going to play with for the next two year, it will be hard for him to dominate no matter how good he becomes. It is hard for any big man to ever be dominate without a good point guard.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:45 pm

da_man 23 wrote:

Dominating to me means far superior than the rest and it looks like Qvale is right with everyone else at the top. 

Great post Deuce, lots of facts that i didn't know. Qvale was the most overrated player the last two years, now he finally has a good year and all of the sudden hes dominating.....looks to me hes not and what 6'11'' kid isn't gonna be dominating in blocks. Lots of average height ppl that are about the same as qvale for rbds also.

here is the thing ya he is 6 11 but think about this all the people on here are at least 6 2 with 3 of them being 6 5 or 6 6 and then you think hmmm they are ALL taller than the people they  play not just qvale he might be 11 inches taller instead of 5 or 6 but it dont matter even 2 or 3 inches is a huge advantage on boards and qvale stats are not really accurate i know for sure he doesnt get credit for every block he gets and when you think about it those blocked shots could be rebounds if he didnt block they would be his board

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 pm

cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:

here is the thing ya he is 6 11 but think about this all the people on here are at least 6 2 with 3 of them being 6 5 or 6 6 and then you think hmmm they are ALL taller than the people they  play not just qvale he might be 11 inches taller instead of 5 or 6 but it dont matter even 2 or 3 inches is a huge advantage on boards and qvale stats are not really accurate i know for sure he doesnt get credit for every block he gets and when you think about it those blocked shots could be rebounds if he didnt block they would be his board

I get what you are saying and I'm not trying to take away the fact that he is a great player. He is probably the most dominating player inside the paint. Not only does he block shots but he also alters them. I guess I don't want to make it sound like I don't think he isn't a good player I just don't think his brother will even be as good as him, and Brian isn't dominate so how can Brent be? Although it will help Brent having his brother be Brian. Right away people will assume he is good like his brother.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:56 pm

baller01 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:

I get what you are saying and I'm not trying to take away the fact that he is a great player. He is probably the most dominating player inside the paint. Not only does he block shots but he also alters them. I guess I don't want to make it sound like I don't think he isn't a good player I just don't think his brother will even be as good as him, and Brian isn't dominate so how can Brent be? Although it will help Brent having his brother be Brian. Right away people will assume he is good like his brother.

i would call brian dominant but even if u dont look at the seniors now and then look at the sophomores seniors were so much better at the same age and taller no sophomores are tall in the wda so brent doesnt have much to worry about and then you add that he is rite now prolly the strongest player in the wda and easily!!! the best sophomore in the wda

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:59 pm

cdub1 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:

i would call brian dominant but even if u dont look at the seniors now and then look at the sophomores seniors were so much better at the same age and taller no sophomores are tall in the wda so brent doesnt have much to worry about and then you add that he is rite now prolly the strongest player in the wda and easily!!! the best sophomore in the wda

Haha once again, I'm not saying he isn't the best sophomore in the WDA, I'm not even saying he isn't the best sophomore in class A or B, I'm just saying I don't think he will be a dominate player in two years.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:00 pm

baller01 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:

Haha once again, I'm not saying he isn't the best sophomore in the WDA, I'm not even saying he isn't the best sophomore in class A or B, I'm just saying I don't think he will be a dominate player in two years.

i guess we will have to wait to find out

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby da_man 23 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:18 pm

In order for Brent to be even half as good as his brother, hes gotta get in shape. He runs up and down the court 3 times, and he looks like hes gonna pass out. Brian isn't as dominate (as those stats show), and im pretty sure cdub u said Kick was gonna be the best outta north dakota before the season started......what made u change ur mind cuz ur all about qvale lately?? as those stats show, qvale isn't dominate, (Blocks.....Yes) and brent is big, but what good is that if he's sittin on the bench cuz hes so winded.
Last edited by da_man 23 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
da_man 23

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:20 pm

da_man 23 wrote:In order for Brent to be even half as good as his brother, hes gotta get in shape. He runs up and down the court 3 times, and he looks like hes gonna pass out. Brian isn't as dominate as those stats show, and im pretty sure cdub u said Kick was gonna be the best outta north dakota before the season started......what made u change ur mind cuz ur all about qvale lately?? as those stats show, qvale isn't dominate, (Blocks.....Yes) and brent is big, but what good is that if he's sittin on the bench cuz hes so winded.

i did say kick was going to be the best player in the state then belohlavek went off and qvale played like a 7 footer and in my opinion  he dominates stats dont always reflect what is true a player who gets 12 points and 4 rebounds when they blow teams out and 35 in their closest game shows me he dominates

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby football07 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:21 pm

What does having a partiality towards a college institution, have to do with High School sports.  Obviously Mary is not the only college in the state, like you said, because players like Tivis, Qualve, Voth, Mertens, Craig Nelson, Glaser did not attend Mary.  If Mary was the only University, as you state, why did those players not attend there.  Yea your argument has no right being on a High School Preps website.  You have no basis for your argument; only bias. 
football07
NDPreps Rookie

Postby da_man 23 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:26 pm

cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:In order for Brent to be even half as good as his brother, hes gotta get in shape. He runs up and down the court 3 times, and he looks like hes gonna pass out. Brian isn't as dominate as those stats show, and im pretty sure cdub u said Kick was gonna be the best outta north dakota before the season started......what made u change ur mind cuz ur all about qvale lately?? as those stats show, qvale isn't dominate, (Blocks.....Yes) and brent is big, but what good is that if he's sittin on the bench cuz hes so winded.

i did say kick was going to be the best player in the state then belohlavek went off and qvale played like a 7 footer and in my opinion  he dominates stats dont always reflect what is true a player who gets 12 points and 4 rebounds when they blow teams out and 35 in their closest game shows me he dominates

Okay.....so if he dominates, shouldn't that mean that his team wins, because the best players always help their teams win....i mean thats what beholvak and Kick do!!!!
da_man 23

Postby threeball » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:32 pm

Tiger Pride wrote: I hate to sound so "sinical" here, but it seems like many of you on the site think U of Mary is the only school to go to??

Perhaps "sinical" is what you have become because of the lack of a private school education, but then again I am definitely cynical about where you get a quality education.

no it seems that some good players have signed with u mary and others are being looked at so we are talking about it..
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:36 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Okay.....so if he dominates, shouldn't that mean that his team wins, because the best players always help their teams win....i mean thats what beholvak and Kick do!!!!

his team does win and i believe dirk had 48 one time and his team lost because mcgrady had 51 sounds a lot like williston mandan rite there

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:47 pm

Sorry threeball the first part is a quote from another writer and the second part is my response to what they said.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:18 pm

Tiger Pride wrote:Sorry threeball the first part is a quote from another writer and the second part is my response to what they said.

oh ok i get it my bad
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby faze_55 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:55 pm

how did this topic of umary get talking about quale?? maybe he is dominate but he could also be getting tripled team and still scoring that much, thats just a suggestion
faze_55
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:19 pm

I wouldn't quite say they are getting stacked colleges recruit on potential Lance Doppler was an all-stater in minnesota nice stats but doing average in college at mary Preston White from a few years ago averaged 20 + in Class A and that didn't quite translate into college success they all have the potential to be good college players but lets what and see before we call them stacked
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby paperboy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:05 am

UMary desperately needs a big guy, like 6'8" or so with muscles, much like Guggenberger...if they get someone like that and throw in maybe only 2 more recruits like Wilhelm and Kick or Behlohvalek or Bakkum along with Erdmann and Englehart and Sandvig...boy, that looks good to me.  But the NSIC has some really good, really big big guys and Mary needs someone to combat that.
paperboy

Postby ndbb » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:45 pm

has anyone heard if jordan schmitz signed with UMARY?
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:13 am

ndbb wrote:has anyone heard if jordan schmitz signed with UMARY?

i dont see why mary would want a 6'5 post when they can get gaurds at that height.. maybe to play jv or somethin
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby antonelli » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:23 pm

sports24 wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
baller01 wrote:Credit goes to Pintar. Doing a great job of getting in state guys to go there.

Alot of it is that U-mary gives a butt-load of money away in scholarships with them being a private school, and they LOVE there athletics. Granted they have to with there tution rates so outragously high.

Well, im going to shed light on this as well since I go to UMary and actually know whats going on, tuition isnt outragously high, in fact I think I pay about what I paid to go to NDSU. Private schools give lots of financial aid. Also, there is a thing in the works called the ND Gurantee, in which if you graduate from a ND high school with certain grade or act requirements then UMary will give you enough grants that itll be cheaper to go there then NDSU or UND.
antonelli
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Boys