State Tourney Location

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Fritoman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:51 am

Would you like the State A to be in the Bismarck civic center? I have never went to the State Tourney, because I go to WDA, and don't have time to go to Fargo. I think it would be a doable thing if it was cental like Bismarck. I have heard that a lot of people don't like the size of the Dome for BB. It is a lot more intense when you are sitting right up close.  Anyway, is it possible that the State A would ever be in Bismarck again? Until that happens, I guess I will watch it on TV.
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:03 am

I think the State A will rotate between Fargo and Bismarck every other year.... Yes the Bismarck Civic is a great place to play and with the events hall set up for basketball its the best place to have the combinded girls and boys tournaments,  after the first round all the winners go to the Civic and the loser games are in the events hall.

The Fargodome and Alerus are not good setups for having two courts!!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Fritoman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:12 am

The State tourney hasn't been rotating for the last 2 years, so is that something new?
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:15 pm

Last year the State A was in Grand Forks... a big money loser, GF is not a basketball town, the year before it was in Fargo and the year before that it was in Bismarck, so it does rotate.  go to the NDHSAA web page, they have all of the state tournament sites for the next few years
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Fritoman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:36 pm

Thanks for that info. If anyone wants to know where Class A State will be at:

2006- Grand Forks

2007- Fargo

2008- Bismarck

2009- Fargo

2010- Bismarck
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:38 pm

yea the alerus and fargodome are both terrible basketball arenas, way too far from the court, especially the alerus and sound gets lost in the rafters.  I like the Bismarck Civic Center but the Fargo Civic Center has a great atmosphere. Best basketball arena for large tournaments.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:39 pm

definitely agree with all of these comments................any kind of dome is a horrible setup for basketball tourneys

the fargo civic center is a great place for tournaments............you're so close to the game and it gets loud up in there
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:52 pm

LG_Shanley2007 wrote:definitely agree with all of these comments................any kind of dome is a horrible setup for basketball tourneys

the fargo civic center is a great place for tournaments............you're so close to the game and it gets loud up in there

yea i remember three or four years ago when the civic center always hosted EDC, it felts like the whole place was closing in on the court, your so close to the actions.  Players and fans alike love that arena
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys