Is high school BB getting too aggressive?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Fritoman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:00 am

I just posted to another thread, and it got me thinking about how rough basketball is today. When I was in high school , 25-30 years ago, the foul was called a lot sooner. My father said that when he played, 50-60 years ago, that you got a foul called for just touching the other player. It was a lot different then to now, but where do you see this going 10 or 20 years from now? I wouldn't think it could get much rougher than it is now, but the rules change with time. For example, I think the shot clock and 3 point line are very good changes that have come about.
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:26 am

the only thing i can see changing is if the refs let a little more bumping go on around the midcourt area when the gaurd is bringing it up.  its always seemed odd to me how a player doesnt even touch a person around hte 3 line and its a foul whereas they are always pushing on the block. im not sayin let them push each other around all over the court....just allow a little bit more contact outside the lane.
Last edited by baseball on Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys