Justin Belohlavek or Zac Elgie

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who is the Better player

Justin Belohlavek
71%
Zac Elgie
29%

Total votes : 35

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:53 pm

Just a post to see what people think
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cityleaguer » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:55 pm

vikes_fan wrote:Just a post to see what people think

This won't prove anything....there's too many people from Mandan on this site, I hope this poll gives you some false pride for your boy.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:56 pm

cityleaguer wrote:

This won't prove anything....there's too many people from Mandan on this site, I hope this poll gives you some false pride for your boy.

Couldnt say it better myself. I dont even vote in these biasit polls.
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:05 pm

member wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:

Couldnt say it better myself. I dont even vote in these biasit polls.

X3.  Mandan is just trying to stir up the forum even more.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:08 pm

This is a stupid poll.  Im from minot and I would take belohlavek almost everyday.  Any player who scores 51 points, and takes over a game is good.  Elgie is good but takes bad shots.
ndfootball

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:12 pm

elgie has one good night and u guys think he is the best in the world i dont even know if he cracks the top 5 best players in the state
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby beavof77 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:37 pm

Elgie is not that good. He is on a weak Minot High team that lacks lots of offensive talent. Some nights he shoots upwards to 30 times a game, if you shoot that much you better be putting up atleast 20 points a night. I've seen some kids come through that Minot system in the last 15 years that are far more superior to Zac Elgie. I'm sorry but he's not as good as everyone up here in Minot says he is.
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:02 pm

beavof77 wrote:Elgie is not that good. He is on a weak Minot High team that lacks lots of offensive talent. Some nights he shoots upwards to 30 times a game, if you shoot that much you better be putting up atleast 20 points a night. I've seen some kids come through that Minot system in the last 15 years that are far more superior to Zac Elgie. I'm sorry but he's not as good as everyone up here in Minot says he is.

im not gonna argue with much about that post except for the fact that you said minot has a weak team...this year they have competed with every team and you do realize that they have i believe 10 juniors and 2 seniors and they are competing and they are competing with the best in the state
smart source

Postby Mr. Me Too » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:28 pm

this is a funny poll. . .Elgie has one amazing game, hahaha Justin is way better
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby O_Snap » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:02 pm

Who is voting for Elgie honestly?  Next year Elgie one of the top players..
O_Snap

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:03 pm

i think belohlavek is better but to each his own

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sports-38 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:25 pm

smart source wrote:
beavof77 wrote:Elgie is not that good. He is on a weak Minot High team that lacks lots of offensive talent. Some nights he shoots upwards to 30 times a game, if you shoot that much you better be putting up atleast 20 points a night. I've seen some kids come through that Minot system in the last 15 years that are far more superior to Zac Elgie. I'm sorry but he's not as good as everyone up here in Minot says he is.

im not gonna argue with much about that post except for the fact that you said minot has a weak team...this year they have competed with every team and you do realize that they have i believe 10 juniors and 2 seniors and they are competing and they are competing with the best in the state

Minot is no where close to weak. This is a team that in the first half of the season was "lost" as players were trying to find there roles on the team.They are very young and will make a  run and be very tough in the WDA tournemant. Elgie may not have as good as basketball skills as Belovek, but he is a true GAMER. This kid hates to lose with a passion and is an unbeliable athlete. And when people say he gets garbage points with the easy put backs and such, he works his tail off for those points and deserves every one of them. Also this team is young and next year they will be a force to be reckon with. Every other team, exceot for mabe century loses there main scorer. Minot will have most everyone back and will have people who can step up and fill the 2 seniors positions.
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:34 pm

Dumbest post i have ever saw.
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Do you people understan dthat theres more to basketball than just pure scoring no you guys dont understand that so I refuse to argue with anybody in this place considering thier basketball knowledge is terrible.
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:39 pm

Well one thing we do know is that Elgie is a better baseball player
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Strike3? » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:41 pm

Ming01 wrote:Well one thing we do know is that Elgie is a better baseball player

very very true
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbb » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:41 pm

Ming, I would put your fastball up against Elgie at the plate.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:41 pm

Ming01 wrote:Well one thing we do know is that Elgie is a better baseball player
Last edited by Strike3? on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:42 pm

ndbb wrote:Ming, I would put your fastball up against Elgie at the plate.

me 2, I havent pitched since babe ruth
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:58 pm

I don't think he's taken 30 shots in a game this season. He forces plenty of shots and commits quite a few turnovers, that is probably the weakest part of his game. What you can't knock is his defense, competitiveness and effort. He was also the best player in the first half of the state championship game last season until Erdmann took over in the second half.

There have been more talented players in the MHS system in the last 15-20 years, but not many. He's got a fair chance to break the school scoring record by the end of next year, and I would say offense isn't the best part of his game.

That being said, Belohlavek is unbelievable offensively. When was the last time a player average 27 a game at the Class A level? 
Y-not Daily

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:12 am

Y-not Daily wrote:

I don't think he's taken 30 shots in a game this season. He forces plenty of shots and commits quite a few turnovers, that is probably the weakest part of his game. What you can't knock is his defense, competitiveness and effort. He was also the best player in the first half of the state championship game last season until Erdmann took over in the second half.

There have been more talented players in the MHS system in the last 15-20 years, but not many. He's got a fair chance to break the school scoring record by the end of next year, and I would say offense isn't the best part of his game.

That being said, Belohlavek is unbelievable offensively. When was the last time a player average 27 a game at the Class A level? 

I don't play class A basketball so I don't know for sure but to me it seemed like class A scoring was up all around, not just Belohlavek. Does the extra 4 minutes a game have anything to do with it? And not to knock on his 51 point game at all, but when you think about it compared to the past years, he actually would have played 5 quarters. With the new style of halves players have 4 more mins, plus Mandan that night played overtime, which is another 4 mins. That is 8 extra minutes which would have been a whole nother quarter last year. Once again I'm not trying to down play his 51 at all It just kind of came to mind when I was think if the extra 4 minutes a game is the reason scoring is up this year. 
Last edited by baller01 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:27 am

Just a few thoughts:

1) Belohlavek and the entire state should score more with added time to each game.

2) Elgie isn't a great basketball player, but a great all around athlete which allows him to be successful.

3) Both teams depend on both of their "Star" players to carry the offensive load.  Not that they are selfish, but it seems to me that both of them put up an unbelievable amount of shots.

4) Elgie has had more than just one good game - @ Williston I believe he had 37.

5) The statement that there have been far better players out of the Minot system is very true, but yet he still could break the scoring record, brings me to my next point.

6) How bad has the overall depth of talent in the state gotten when a player can average almost 22 and 9 and still not be considered that great? Because in my personal opinion you have about a dozen or so seniors in the state, Class A and B, that are good and the rest most years would be average players - Do people disagree with that statement?
sportsguy

Postby smart source » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:27 am

i would debate what player i would take between elgie and belovic not only bcuz im from minot but elgie does so much more...sure he doesnt score 27 points a game but hes probably around 20 and he grabs alot more rebounds and he has to be near the top in the state in steals per game...and belovic does shoot A LOT more than elgie does i'd be willin to bet that if elgie shot what was it 41 times that he would come near 50 points just like belovic did
smart source

Postby UND#1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:55 am

Right now Belohlavek is a better player.  But you have to remember that Elgie is only a Junior and if you give him a year and compare him to Belohlavek right now, I think think that I would take Elgie.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:35 pm

baller01 wrote:
Y-not Daily wrote:

I don't play class A basketball so I don't know for sure but to me it seemed like class A scoring was up all around, not just Belohlavek. Does the extra 4 minutes a game have anything to do with it? And not to knock on his 51 point game at all, but when you think about it compared to the past years, he actually would have played 5 quarters. With the new style of halves players have 4 more mins, plus Mandan that night played overtime, which is another 4 mins. That is 8 extra minutes which would have been a whole nother quarter last year. Once again I'm not trying to down play his 51 at all It just kind of came to mind when I was think if the extra 4 minutes a game is the reason scoring is up this year. 

Good point baller01, I completely forgot about the extra time in the games. That definitely would make for more scoring. I don't know if Class A is up or down this year, but I think that players like Kick, Qvale, Belohlavek, Elgie, B.J. Mertens and Wilhelm (I haven't seen any of the other guys from the East this year) would succeed in any year. Maybe the teams aren't that great, but the individual players are, and that is causing some of the big individual offensive numbers. Obviously there isn't a dominant team it either the East or West, since everyone has at least 3 or 4 losses already.
Y-not Daily

Return to Boys