century @ belcourt

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby whocares? » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:11 am

chs lost by 2. belcourt had 4 fouls called on them the whole game.. how is that possible. another amazing example of their outrageous hometown reffing.
whocares?

Postby skoal_24 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:17 pm

whocares? wrote:chs lost by 2. belcourt had 4 fouls called on them the whole game.. how is that possible. another amazing example of their outrageous hometown reffing.

Before You start Lying About The Fouls Get The Facts Straight There Were Way More Fould Called Then Four So Come On Get Real!!!
skoal_24

Postby whocares? » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:42 pm

were you there or something, because i have been told by someone that was there that there was 4 on them the whole game, plus in the newspaper it had 4 total team fouls also
whocares?

Postby Spektak_24 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:55 pm

Don't blame reffing for chs's lost, because century is simply not on belcourts level.  What about when Belcourt went to Century and beat them by 20, was reffing the reason belcourt won there also.  This is just another one of those "belcourt beat us because of the reffing" excuses that i'm sick and tired of hearing.  CHS lost twice to Belcourt....Just face it, Belcourt is a very good team.
Spektak_24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby whocares? » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:29 pm

i know that belcourt is better than chs right now and i guess that it sounds like i am blaming the loss on the refs, but come on 4 fouls.  thats just outrageous. i am not blaming them for the loss. but maybe, just maybe, belcourt really only deserved 4 fouls.

if you have ever played up there then you would know how bad it is, but if you havent then you wont understand what everyone talks about
whocares?

Postby biggie » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:07 pm

whocares? wrote:i know that belcourt is better than chs right now and i guess that it sounds like i am blaming the loss on the refs, but come on 4 fouls.  thats just outrageous. i am not blaming them for the loss. but maybe, just maybe, belcourt really only deserved 4 fouls.

if you have ever played up there then you would know how bad it is, but if you havent then you wont understand what everyone talks about

Skoal is from Belcourt.  I'm going to guess and say he was there.  The reffing couldn't have been that bad, Century only lost by two.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 25AB08 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:25 pm

First off, Beclourt had a lot more fouls than 4 the entire game....not sure how many they had but they had way more than 4.  Everyone on this site talks about how bad the refs are in belcourt but why dont you ever hear anything about when belcourt goes on the road and gets terrible calls.  Belcourt beat Century @ Century because they were better and beat them at home because they were better.  Thats It.
-s2h5y0k8a-
25AB08
NDPreps Rookie

Postby whocares? » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:19 pm

yeah, but i talked to some of the chs players and they told me belcourt had 4 fouls plus it was in the newspaper. personally i would trust those sources before skoal.

it just seems fishy that only 4 fouls were called on belcourt, but i guess that wasnt too bad since i just found out chs only had 10
whocares?

Postby skoal_24 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:38 pm

biggie wrote:
whocares? wrote:i know that belcourt is better than chs right now and i guess that it sounds like i am blaming the loss on the refs, but come on 4 fouls.  thats just outrageous. i am not blaming them for the loss. but maybe, just maybe, belcourt really only deserved 4 fouls.

Skoal is from Belcourt.  I'm going to guess and say he was there.  The reffing couldn't have been that bad, Century only lost by two.

well your guess is wrong i am from grand forks and no i was not there and yes i agree the reffing was not that bad they only lost by 2
skoal_24

Postby playinball3 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:44 pm

25AB08 wrote:First off, Beclourt had a lot more fouls than 4 the entire game....not sure how many they had but they had way more than 4.  Everyone on this site talks about how bad the refs are in belcourt but why dont you ever hear anything about when belcourt goes on the road and gets terrible calls.  Belcourt beat Century @ Century because they were better and beat them at home because they were better.  Thats It.

belcourt did not have more than 4 fouls century shot 2 free throws the entire game, and i know this for a fact.
playinball3

Postby ndbb » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:49 pm

why are you guys complaining about things that cannot be controlled anymore. It is over with.  It is the job of the coach during the game to say soemthing to the officials if he doesnt like what is happening, and that is about all you can do.
Last edited by ndbb on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whocares? » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:00 pm

ndbb wrote:why are you guys complaining about things that cannot be controlled anymore. It is over with.  It is the job of the coach during the game to say soemthing to the officials if he doesnt like what is happening, and that is about all you can do.
you have a good point there, but i mostly brought this up to let everyone know belcourt had 4 fouls in the whole game. i am not trying to say it lost them the game, you have to admit that that seems a little fishy to you. century had other chances that they couldnt take advantage of, thats why they lost.
whocares?

Postby ndbb » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:08 pm

will Kringstad be back for the Jamestown game?
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whocares? » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:09 pm

ndbb wrote:will Kringstad be back for the Jamestown game?

yes. the only game he is planning on missing was the belcourt game.
whocares?

Postby member » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:46 pm

Spektak_24 wrote:Don't blame reffing for chs's lost, because century is simply not on belcourts level.  What about when Belcourt went to Century and beat them by 20, was reffing the reason belcourt won there also.  This is just another one of those "belcourt beat us because of the reffing" excuses that i'm sick and tired of hearing.  CHS lost twice to Belcourt....Just face it, Belcourt is a very good team.

Well actually they are Belcourt is not very good so its not tough to be on their level.
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spektak_24 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:23 pm

member wrote:
Spektak_24 wrote:Don't blame reffing for chs's lost, because century is simply not on belcourts level.  What about when Belcourt went to Century and beat them by 20, was reffing the reason belcourt won there also.  This is just another one of those "belcourt beat us because of the reffing" excuses that i'm sick and tired of hearing.  CHS lost twice to Belcourt....Just face it, Belcourt is a very good team.

Well actually they are Belcourt is not very good so its not tough to be on their level.

Apparently they are not, because Belcourt beat them twice and beat mandan and bismarck.....has Century beat either of those teams at home or on the road.....No....So I say again Century is not on Belcourt's level, they couldn't even belcourt in Century....Century lost by 20....They can't beat Belcourt
Spektak_24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby whocares? » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:30 pm

im not trying to say chs is better than bhs, but chs was closer than bhs was at belcourt
whocares?

Postby member » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:32 pm

Spektak_24 wrote:
member wrote:

Apparently they are not, because Belcourt beat them twice and beat mandan and bismarck.....has Century beat either of those teams at home or on the road.....No....So I say again Century is not on Belcourt's level, they couldn't even belcourt in Century....Century lost by 20....They can't beat Belcourt

Yah i guess your right but belcourt isnt on a very high level.
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggie » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:48 pm

skoal_24 wrote:
biggie wrote:

well your guess is wrong i am from grand forks and no i was not there and yes i agree the reffing was not that bad they only lost by 2
Man, I thought you were.  Sorry to spread false info.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:42 pm

Im sure the game was closer because Belcourt came in with more hype against BHS and they were probably a little fatigued from back to back games
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr. Me Too » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:27 pm

Tanner Govig went to the line like 4 times. . .so they didn't just shoot 2 free throws. . .hahaha 4 fouls for belcourt the whole game, and century only shootin' 2 free throws. . .you guys need to grow up with your complaining about the refs, refs just watch the game and yea they make bad calls, but it's always like that on the road, and refs don't take the shots players do. . .
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:29 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:Tanner Govig went to the line like 4 times. . .so they didn't just shoot 2 free throws. . .hahaha 4 fouls for belcourt the whole game, and century only shootin' 2 free throws. . .you guys need to grow up with your complaining about the refs, refs just watch the game and yea they make bad calls, but it's always like that on the road, and refs don't take the shots players do. . .

dont lie they shot 2 free throws check the stat sheet

http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Boys/stats/century/chsgame16.htm

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby whocares? » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:15 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Mr. Me Too wrote:Tanner Govig went to the line like 4 times. . .so they didn't just shoot 2 free throws. . .hahaha 4 fouls for belcourt the whole game, and century only shootin' 2 free throws. . .you guys need to grow up with your complaining about the refs, refs just watch the game and yea they make bad calls, but it's always like that on the road, and refs don't take the shots players do. . .

dont lie they shot 2 free throws check the stat sheet

http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Boys/stats/century/chsgame16.htm

yeah but belcourt only shot 6 so i guess i dont have a valid argument here.
whocares?

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:18 pm

ya u have a point i wasnt at the game i dont know what happened century could have only been shooting jumpers for all i know

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bcourtbraves » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 pm

I watched the game and it seemed like the refs kind of wanted a night off almost. Lots of no calls and things of that  sort. Not many fouls either way. I was impressed by the guard play of Century, the little guy shot very well. Belcourt played kind of sluggish, they probaly felt the game was already won for them just because they beat Century at CHS.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys