state

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

who's taking state

bismarck
6%
dickinson
33%
williston
18%
mandan
14%
minot
2%
belcourt
No votes
fargo north
No votes
fargo south
6%
west fargo
No votes
shanley
8%
devils lake
10%
whapeton
2%

Total votes : 49

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:22 am

just curious what everyone thinks
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:24 am

I'd say Dickinson as of now because they have been conisistent all year. BHS, Mandan, and Williston have all had let downs through out the season.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:27 am

bcourtbraves wrote:I'd say Dickinson as of now because they have been conisistent all year. BHS, Mandan, and Williston have all had let downs through out the season.

yea i see your point. im still gonna say alot of teams have a good chance. i cant wait for wda and state
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby biggie » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:15 am

If Williston can keep their game together they have a very good shot at it.  I'd say it's pretty much anyones game though.  Every team has proved they can beat/be beaten by another team.  It's going to come down to the team that has their best game of the year.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cityleaguer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:30 pm

I say Dickinson for the simple fact that their only 3 losses have all been to ranked opponents....besides Mandan at the time, but Mandan then vaulted to number 1 shortly after, while everyone else has had some shady games and relatively close ones against mediocre teams IMO.

Bismarck lost in Wyoming, then lost to Dix, Williston, and Belcourt

Williston lost to Dix, BHS, Mandan, and Glendive. And had only a 2 pt. victory against Century.

Mandan lost to BHS, Minot, Belcourt, Fargo North, Fargo South, close victories against Jamestown and St. Mary's

Dickinson lost to Mandan, BHS, and Williston and has otherwise put away lower tier teams.

cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hooppride » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:46 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:I'd say Dickinson as of now because they have been conisistent all year. BHS, Mandan, and Williston have all had let downs through out the season.

Williston has split with dickinson and bismarck and lost to dickinson by 1 point. They also have lost to mandan twice by 2 and 3 points. I dont know how much of a let down those are, those are just games that didnt happen to go their way at the end.
hooppride

Postby member » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:30 pm

I think the best chance to win state will be Dickinson.

But if state basketball was located in Mandan in would be no question who would take it but guess what Mandan fans its not. So your chances are looking very slim with a 4-5 record on the road with the only quality win being against Williston. I was expecting to see more from Belohlavek with all the hype around him I dont think he really did much but shoot alot I honestly believe Zac Elgie is a better player. Maurer did alot more than I expected him to do also. This is after the game in Minot.
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:35 pm

I'm sorry... That was Belohlavek's worst game of the season.... still dropping 26 but wost game of his season.. Cannot judge him on 1 game and he is better then Zac Elgie cannot argue that... Yes Elgie had the better game that night but overall. Justin takes it.  Zac Elgie gets a ton of garbage points under the hoop

[user=1663]member[/user] wrote:
I think the best chance to win state will be Dickinson.

But if state basketball was located in Mandan in would be no question who would take it but guess what Mandan fans its not. So your chances are looking very slim with a 4-5 record on the road with the only quality win being against Williston. I was expecting to see more from Belohlavek with all the hype around him I dont think he really did much but shoot alot I honestly believe Zac Elgie is a better player. Maurer did alot more than I expected him to do also. This is after the game in Minot.
Last edited by O_Snap on Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O_Snap

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:50 am

member wrote: I was expecting to see more from Belohlavek with all the hype around him I dont think he really did much but shoot alot I honestly believe Zac Elgie is a better player.

Are you joking me???? How do u figure Zac Elgie is a better player than Justin Belohalvek???  I hope you know what you are saying and obviosuly that was your first time watchin belohalvek i take it
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:55 am

vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote: I was expecting to see more from Belohlavek with all the hype around him I dont think he really did much but shoot alot I honestly believe Zac Elgie is a better player.

Are you joking me???? How do u figure Zac Elgie is a better player than Justin Belohalvek???  I hope you know what you are saying and obviosuly that was your first time watchin belohalvek i take it

Yah im joking you vikes fan. Thats why I said it to be joking around.
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:12 am

member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:

WOW is all i got to say about that
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:03 pm

O_Snap wrote:I'm sorry... That was Belohlavek's worst game of the season.... still dropping 26 but wost game of his season.. Cannot judge him on 1 game and he is better then Zac Elgie cannot argue that... Yes Elgie had the better game that night but overall. Justin takes it.  Zac Elgie gets a ton of garbage points under the hoop

I don't know why you disregard Elgie's points as being garbage points. He outworked every player on the Mandan roster to get offensive boards and putbacks. I didn't see Belohlavek down there battling for boards. There is more to basketball than scoring points and Elgie has the advantage on hustle and defense.

That being said, Belohlavek is a great player and should probably still be Mr. Basketball if things don't drastically change.
Y-not Daily

Postby 3sport » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:03 pm

belohlavek is easily the better player! haha
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:39 pm

Y-not Daily wrote:
O_Snap wrote:I'm sorry... That was Belohlavek's worst game of the season.... still dropping 26 but wost game of his season.. Cannot judge him on 1 game and he is better then Zac Elgie cannot argue that... Yes Elgie had the better game that night but overall. Justin takes it.  Zac Elgie gets a ton of garbage points under the hoop

I don't know why you disregard Elgie's points as being garbage points. He outworked every player on the Mandan roster to get offensive boards and putbacks. I didn't see Belohlavek down there battling for boards. There is more to basketball than scoring points and Elgie has the advantage on hustle and defense.

That being said, Belohlavek is a great player and should probably still be Mr. Basketball if things don't drastically change.

I agree, against mandan elgie was everywhere.  He was diving for lose balls and out hustling the hole mandan team.
ndfootball

Postby member » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:20 pm

vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:

Because your knowledge of basketball is not very good.
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:24 pm

member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:

Ya alright man
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:30 pm

vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:

Ya alright man

My guess is you dont play basketball and you never have ever played basketball. I think belohlavek is a great player. But letstake a look 11-16 35 point 15 rebounds compared to a 10-28 26 point game with far less rebounds. The only thing Belohlavek ha over Elgie is scoring and he needs to take alot of shots to score elgie is an effcient player. But you a non expierenced fan only seeing scoring wouldnt understand that MAN.
Last edited by member on Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:35 pm

member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:

Ya alright man

My guess is you dont play basketball and you never have ever played basketball. I think belohlavek is a great player. But letstake a look 11-16 35 point 15 rebounds compared to a 10-28 26 point game with far less rebounds. The only thing Belohlavek ha over Elgie is scoring and he needs to take alot of shots to score elgie is an effcient player. But you a non expierenced fan only seeing scoring wouldnt understand that MAN.

i never said that belohlavek had the better game that night....i meant that belohlavek is a better overall player. He is in leadin the state in scoring. He is 2nd in the WDA for assists and leads the Wda in steals...who would u want taking the game winning shot at the end of the game?? belohlavek was off that night being at every mandan game it was by far his worst shooting game of the season...i just dont understand how u can say that when u have only seen him play once...and by the way i did play bball and still do
Last edited by vikes_fan on Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:37 pm

vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:

Ya alright man

i never said that belohlavek had the better game that night....i meant that belohlavek is a better overall player. He is in leadin the state in scoring. He is 2nd in the WDA for assists and leads the Wda in steals...who would u want taking the game winning shot at the end of the game?? belohlavek was off that night being at every mandan game it was by far his worst shooting game of the season...i just dont understand how u can say that when u have only seen him play once...and by the way i did play bball and still do

What team do you play for?
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:39 pm

member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:

Ya alright man

haha not varsity now i play intermerauls not that young
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:46 pm

vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:

Ya alright man

Elgie is the better overall player and stats prove that.

Elgie
22 ppg 9rpg 3.5 apg 3 spg
Belohlavek
27 ppg 6rpg 4.5 apg 3 spg

you tell me who the better overall palyer is and i bet you never palyed varsity ever MAN.
Last edited by member on Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:48 pm

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"

Elgie
Belohlavek

you tell me who the better overall palyer is and i bet you never palyed varsity ever MAN.

??????? confused......
O_Snap

Postby King James » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:49 pm

Elgie is also a junior and didnt choke last year in WDA and State he really stepped up
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:50 pm

member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:

Ya alright man

Elgie
Belohlavek

No i didnt, and by the way belohlavek is a at 3.5 stls a game and Elgie is at 2.9 they are pretty even but anyway i am not going argue this anymore we will just see what everyone else thinks
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:51 pm

O_Snap wrote:
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"

Elgie
Belohlavek

??????? confused......

I said he was a better scorer 3 rebounds is 3 more possesion a game which would lead to a maximum of 9 points more a game which makes up for the 8 more belohlavek is getting and Elgie is the better defender.
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys