Brian Qvale McDonalds All-American

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ace » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:36 pm

Does anyone else from north dakota deserve to go?
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby cityleaguer » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:38 pm

ace wrote:Does anyone else from north dakota deserve to go?

I believe Kick's being awarded during their game Friday against Jamestown, just as a nominee...Is Qvale actually going to play in the game?
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ace » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:45 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
ace wrote:Does anyone else from north dakota deserve to go?

I believe Kick's being awarded during their game Friday against Jamestown, just as a nominee...Is Qvale actually going to play in the game?

thats what i heard tonight on the news .... im pretty sure he is tho
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:21 am

if memory serves the only ND player to actually be in the game is Boschee. While Qvale is a great ND player, I'd be happy, but surprised if he is actually on the team
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby da_man 23 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:05 am

I think boschee is the only one ever. They pick like 100 kids i think and then break it down to 24 from there. Qvale, Kick, Whilhelm all got nominations.   So your tellin me that he is going to the McDonalds All American game????
da_man 23

Postby Baller » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:20 am

The teams are not even announced until the end of February...the only thing that is out is the nominations
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby da_man 23 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:25 am

Baller wrote:The teams are not even announced until the end of February...the only thing that is out is the nominations

Exactly!!!!!!!    Thank You
Last edited by da_man 23 on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
da_man 23

Postby Deuce » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:35 am

da_man 23 wrote:I think boschee is the only one ever. They pick like 100 kids i think and then break it down to 24 from there. Qvale, Kick, Whilhelm all got nominations.   So your tellin me that he is going to the McDonalds All American game????

They nominate 1500-1800 boys and 900-1200 girls from around the country.  Then they break it down to 100 finalist and then select the team from there.

http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/selection_process.pdf
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:48 am

wow...i was just looking at some of the people that were on Boschee's team when he played. Richard Jefferson, Corey Maggette, Tayshaun Prince, Quentin Richardson and Rashard Lewis....WOW
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sports24 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:26 am

how does belohlavek not get any nomination?
sports24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cityleaguer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:53 am

I think they kind of have the nominations picked going into the senior season, maybe not...but that would explain the other 3 beings they were all staters, and I'm sure the nominations were out before Belohlavek blew up in mid January.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:25 am

i think that qvale would get dominated if he made the team...if kenny younger didnt make the team there is no way qvale will
Last edited by smart source on Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
smart source

Postby Ming01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:09 am

yeah no one has made the team yet, no one from ND will make it
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:18 am

The Schwab wrote:wow...i was just looking at some of the people that were on Boschee's team when he played. Richard Jefferson, Corey Maggette, Tayshaun Prince, Quentin Richardson and Rashard Lewis....WOW

where did u go to see rosters?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuce » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:36 am

Here's the shortcut.  But if you go to main site this link is burried in there somewhere.

http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/alumni_list.pdf
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coyotefan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:40 pm

smart source wrote:i think that qvale would get dominated if he made the team...if kenny younger didnt make the team there is no way qvale will

yeah i am a coyote fan but how can you say qvale will get dominated, just wondering because he has played against kids his own size, (and i am not talking just about selvig) he is actually on an aau team with selvig playing top preps from across the nation over the summer
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:14 am

dodgerfan wrote:
coyotefan wrote:
smart source wrote:i think that qvale would get dominated if he made the team...if kenny younger didnt make the team there is no way qvale will

yeah i am a coyote fan but how can you say qvale will get dominated, just wondering because he has played against kids his own size, (and i am not talking just about selvig) he is actually on an aau team with selvig playing top preps from across the nation over the summer

i have the utmost respect for brian qvale and i think he is one of the best players in the state's area but think about this last year the starting center was Greg Oden

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nd-ball41 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:14 pm

The only player from north dakota to make it to the McDonalds all-american game was jeff boschee from valley city, and he was far and away a better player than all of these kids being nominated now. But i have to wish good luck to all the north dakota players nominated.
Last edited by nd-ball41 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nd-ball41

Postby ND_SportsNut » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:50 am

I never could find the list of this years 100 finalists but I did see the 24 that made it.

I have a quick story about one of the finalists, back in October when I went to the Bison-Gopher football game in Minneapolis and after the game when I was riding on the train/tram thing they have there now I was standing by this kid who looked like he must be a good athlete, his Bloomington Jefferson HS lettermans jacket was out of space for any more records so I asked him his name and he told me that it was Cole Aldrich and I asked him about basketball and where he's goin and stuff and he said he is going to Kansas, so I was like Wow because I didn't expect him to say anything like that, and I just recently saw he made the McD's game so it was kind of cool to talk to him  
ND_SportsNut

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:53 am

when i seen they showed the roster on the bottom line of espn all i seen was the east players and i didnt see any of the west
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:11 am

anyone know how these kids get nominated.  Looks to me like it is all the juniors sho made all-state...Kick, Qvale, Baakum, Lorenz, Wheeling, Wilhelm for the boys

Lafrance, Kielpinski, Eckroth, Steffan, Braitlin for the girls.

http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/nominees.pdf
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:20 am

Baller wrote:anyone know how these kids get nominated.  Looks to me like it is all the juniors sho made all-state...Kick, Qvale, Baakum, Lorenz, Wheeling, Wilhelm for the boys

allyson bender who is she? kelsch also nominated
Last edited by cdub1 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:21 am

Baller wrote:anyone know how these kids get nominated.  Looks to me like it is all the juniors sho made all-state...Kick, Qvale, Baakum, Lorenz, Wheeling, Wilhelm for the boys

no kristen cuypers though for the girls...she made all-state last year as a junior
rep

Postby Baller » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:40 am

I missed norton too.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:26 am

Bakkum wasnt all-state i belive, not even 2nd team.  no gonna lie i was suprised to see taht
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys