Bismarck @ TMCHS and Mandan @ MInot

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby O_Snap » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:07 pm

Hate to be the person complaining... but when are the one sided reffing games gonna end?  In the second half.. Minot's first foul against Mandan was with 8:22  remaining in the game.  Morrell, Benz, and Maurer all fouled out with a good amount of time left in the game. They were also playing without Hoff due to him having "mono".  Mandan was honestly running out of subs haha.  JV players had to play twoards the end of the game.   Not to mention in the fist half the fouls were 9 to 1 at one time in favor of Minot.
Last edited by O_Snap on Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O_Snap

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:08 pm

High school athletes worse nightmare?

A power triping ref that wan't to decide things.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikes_fan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:09 pm

Ditka14 wrote:High school athletes worse nightmare?

One Ref tonight was who i like to call Buddy Lee
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:10 pm

Well what would ya know, Belcourt wins at home...
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby O_Snap » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:13 pm

Ming01 wrote:Well what would ya know, Belcourt wins at home...

HAHA! yeah i'm assuming that game went alot like the Mandan game there...
O_Snap

Postby vikes_fan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:16 pm

O_Snap wrote:
Ming01 wrote:Well what would ya know, Belcourt wins at home...

HAHA! yeah i'm assuming that game went alot like the Mandan game there...

Well what can u do....not takin anything away from Belcourt or Minot...but until WDA it really doesn't matter  WDA=Equal playing grounds for all teams
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby MinotBison » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:22 pm

It's always been the refs fault since the stone age.

Look, the fact is that Mandan plays an agressive style of defense, and as evidenced by their record, it works pretty well for them.  But sometimes when you play that style of ball, things are not going to go in your favor, and tonight was one of those nights.

They are a talented team, no doubt, and the WDA playoffs should be very interesting to watch.

MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby threeball » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:27 pm

belohlavek had 26...terribly reffed game foul calls were some of the worst ive seen.

game woulda turned out much different if it wasnt for all the trashy fouls. benz hardly played because of being out with foul trouble and it really hurt havin maurer and morrell fouled out with still alotta time left
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby O_Snap » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:28 pm

MinotBison wrote:

Look, the fact is that Mandan plays an agressive style of defense, and as evidenced by their record, it works pretty well for them.  But sometimes when you play that style of ball, things are not going to go in your favor, and tonight was one of those nights.

They are a talented team, no doubt, and the WDA playoffs should be very interesting to watch.

Yep that must be it... LOL coming from someone from Minot.... Its pretty funny when the Crowd Applauses when a ref calls a foul on MINOT haha I think the loudest Mandan crowd got was when they called Minots first fould in the 2nd half..  Ref got a standing ovation
O_Snap

Postby magichoops » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:32 pm

The foul totals aren't as lopsided as they sound. Minot was very disciplined defensively and Mandan picked  up a lot of fouls on the perimeter for hand checking, reaching, and blocking fouls. Minot is basically a different team since the start of the season. Schatz got caught drinking and Karr and Houston quit. That leaves Minot with only two seniors. Mandan didn't really run anything special for Belovhak and he struggled to get his shot off at times. Don't get me wrong he got his points, but he didn't look that impressive (athletic yes, but not skill wise). I was kind of excited to see him play with all of the talk on this board , but I just don't see this kid being a "great" player at the next level. The kid that played real well and should get a lot more touches in the offense is the Mauer kid.
magichoops

Postby baseball18 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:32 pm

O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

Yep that must be it... LOL coming from someone from Minot.... Its pretty funny when the Crowd Applauses when a ref calls a foul on MINOT haha I think the loudest Mandan crowd got was when they called Minots first fould in the 2nd half..  Ref got a standing ovation

Typical Mandan fans for ya
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:33 pm

O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

The standing ovation for the refs are great.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:35 pm

baseball18 wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

Typical Mandan fans for ya

what do you mean by that
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootball » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:35 pm

O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

Dont blame the refs. Belholvek was simply out played by elgie, and the minot supporting cast outplayed mandans supporting cast.
ndfootball

Postby 3sport » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:38 pm

everytime belohlavek went up for a shot he would get hit on the elbow or hands and undercut and didnt get a call... but thats how the games go i guess
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:39 pm

ndfootball wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

Dont blame the refs. Belholvek was simply out played by elgie, and the minot supporting cast outplayed mandans supporting cast.

Supporting cast?? What supporting cast they were all on the bench fouled out.... No comment on the Elgie Belohlavek comparison don't even need to prove my point there..LOL
O_Snap

Postby vikes_fan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:40 pm

ndfootball wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

honestly i dont see how you guyz cant see the foul difference it was on of the worst reffed games i have seen its bad when its 8-0 in fouls..i guarntee u would be the same ones complainin of something like that happened in Mandan but o well a loss is a loss
Last edited by vikes_fan on Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:42 pm

35 point and 18 rebound, and alot of that was down the stretch,  belhovhek was outplayed
ndfootball

Postby O_Snap » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:46 pm

ndfootball wrote:35 point and 18 rebound, and alot of that was down the stretch,  belhovhek was outplayed

Your right... Elgie for Mr. Basketball
O_Snap

Postby ndfootball » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:48 pm

O_Snap wrote:
ndfootball wrote:35 point and 18 rebound, and alot of that was down the stretch,  belhovhek was outplayed

Your right... Elgie for Mr. Basketball

Not saying that,  Belhovhek is a better player than elgie and should win Mr. Basketball.  But on this night elgie was the better player, and I dont no how you can disagree with that.
ndfootball

Postby magichoops » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:48 pm

O_Snap wrote:
ndfootball wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

Supporting cast?? What supporting cast they were all on the bench fouled out.... No comment on the Elgie Belohlavek comparison don't even need to prove my point there..LOL
Belohlavek has had some big games, but don't slight Elgie. How many other juniors in North Dakota are averaging 22 pts. 9rbs 3 stls. per game in there second best sport. In fact if Belohlavek doesn't drop 51 against Williston they almost have the same numbers.
magichoops

Postby vikes_fan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:50 pm

CANT WAIT FOR WDA
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggie » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:52 pm

2x.  Mandan seems to think that Belkhovhek cannot be beaten.  Atleast by the way they talk.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:54 pm

biggie wrote:

2x.  Mandan seems to think that Belkhovhek cannot be beaten.  Atleast by the way they talk.

1. Elgie had a great game

2. 1 sided refs

3. Belohavek had and off night

and no says belohavek can not be beaten
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby MinotBison » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:55 pm

magichoops wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
ndfootball wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

Belohlavek has had some big games, but don't slight Elgie. How many other juniors in North Dakota are averaging 22 pts. 9rbs 3 stls. per game in there second best sport. In fact if Belohlavek doesn't drop 51 against Williston they almost have the same numbers.

I'm guessing Elgie's first best sport is baseball?
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys