Bismarck @ TMCHS and Mandan @ MInot

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby smart source » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:43 am

Leech wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:High school athletes worse nightmare?

A power triping ref that wan't to decide things.

It's always been the refs fault since the stone age.

Look, the fact is that Mandan plays an agressive style of defense, and as evidenced by their record, it works pretty well for them.  But sometimes when you play that style of ball, things are not going to go in your favor, and tonight was one of those nights.

They are a talented team, no doubt, and the WDA playoffs should be very interesting to watch.

Yep that must be it... LOL coming from someone from Minot.... Its pretty funny when the Crowd Applauses when a ref calls a foul on MINOT haha I think the loudest Mandan crowd got was when they called Minots first fould in the 2nd half..  Ref got a standing ovation
We outrebounded Minot and doubled their assists and still lost. Something is definately fishy there. Refs struggle and need to be held accountable. Hopefully we get good ones at WDA.

yea im sure belovich going 3-17 from the 3 point line had nothin to do with it....why is it so hard for you people to just admit that you got outplayed guys it happens grow some balls and admit you lost bcuz the team you played scored more points than you did p.s ur an idiot im looking at the stats right now

rebounds- mandan 43 minot-39 not to big of a difference

assists- mandan-22 minot-15 (where are you getting more than double their minots assists)

steals- mandan-5 minot-7

turnover-mandan 11 minot-10

o and heres a nice little stat for whoever said elgie didnt outplay belohlavek

belohlavek- 10-28 shooting 3-17 on 3's didnt even make the stats in rebounds or assists or steals or block

elgie-11-16 1-3 on 3's 18 rebounds 2 blocks and 3 steals

does anyone other than someone from mandan have an opinion by those stats of who had a better game
Last edited by smart source on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
smart source

Postby Leech » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:47 am

MHSfan wrote:But of course the Mandan refs are completly fair when we go there.  Give me a break this game was a mere image of the game in Mandan.  Same thing goes both ways buddy.  Just swallow your pride and say that Mandan had an off night last night and Minot just played very well because that was what happened.  I was told at a young age that the refs don't decide the outcome of the game the players do.  Stop acting like you are five.

Really? You mean the game with 22 fouls on Mandan, 14 on Minot and we still kicked A? I know you weren't trying to say the refs tilted that game to Mandan so it's OK if they tilted last night's to Minot. Outplayed? Again, we outrebounded and out passed you guys and still only lost by 4 despite losing Morrell, Maurer, and Benz.

Refs aren't supposed to decide the game, but you are flat out lying to yourself if you're saying they never do.
Leech
NDPreps Reserve

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:47 am

smart source wrote:
Leech wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

Look, the fact is that Mandan plays an agressive style of defense, and as evidenced by their record, it works pretty well for them.  But sometimes when you play that style of ball, things are not going to go in your favor, and tonight was one of those nights.

They are a talented team, no doubt, and the WDA playoffs should be very interesting to watch.

Yep that must be it... LOL coming from someone from Minot.... Its pretty funny when the Crowd Applauses when a ref calls a foul on MINOT haha I think the loudest Mandan crowd got was when they called Minots first fould in the 2nd half..  Ref got a standing ovation
We outrebounded Minot and doubled their assists and still lost. Something is definately fishy there. Refs struggle and need to be held accountable. Hopefully we get good ones at WDA.

yea im sure belovich going 3-17 from the 3 point line had nothin to do with it....why is it so hard for you people to just admit that you got outplayed guys it happens grow some balls and admit you lost bcuz the team you played scored more points than you did

more like why is it so hard for you to spell belohlavek.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:51 am

yea im sure belovich going 3-17 from the 3 point line had nothin to do with it....why is it so hard for you people to just admit that you got outplayed guys it happens grow some balls and admit you lost bcuz the team you played scored more points than you did p.s ur an idiot im looking at the stats right now

assists- mandan-22 minot-15 (where are you getting more than double minots assists)

steals- mandan-5 minot-7

belohlavek- 10-28 shooting 3-17 on 3's didnt even make the stats in rebounds or assists or steals or block

does anyone other than someone from mandan have an opinion by those stats of who had a better game
Last edited by smart source on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
smart source

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:56 am

ok man your really getting annoying. for one who are you calling an idiot? and for 2 i dont know who is really saying belohlavek did better than elgie because obviously if you were at the game or read the stats you would realize that justin had an off game and that elgie did very good
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:59 am

O_Snap wrote:
ndfootball wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

Dont blame the refs. Belholvek was simply out played by elgie, and the minot supporting cast outplayed mandans supporting cast.

Supporting cast?? What supporting cast they were all on the bench fouled out.... No comment on the Elgie Belohlavek comparison don't even need to prove my point there..LOL
No comment on the Elgie Belohlavek comparison don't even need to prove my point there..LOL
smart source

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:00 am

smart source wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
ndfootball wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

Dont blame the refs. Belholvek was simply out played by elgie, and the minot supporting cast outplayed mandans supporting cast.

Supporting cast?? What supporting cast they were all on the bench fouled out.... No comment on the Elgie Belohlavek comparison don't even need to prove my point there..LOL
No comment on the Elgie Belohlavek comparison don't even need to prove my point there..LOL

im confused at why you just repeated what o snap said
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:02 am

belohlavek is the better player but elgie had the better game, i think most people can agree with that
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Spektak_24 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:10 am

Does anybody have any opinions on the bismarck/belcourt game.  I saw the game and the Braves looked very tough.  It seems like they are starting to pull things together after that 4 game skid.  To beat Bismarck should be a very big confidence booster.  Granted there were a couple calls that went Belcourts way but it was a lot worse for belcourt when they were at Bismarck, and most of the calls that were called were deserved.  I believe that the Braves are a team to be reckoned with and other teams in the State better not take this team lightly.  This team now deserves some respect, anytime you beat a team like Bismarck you deserve some respect.
Spektak_24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Deuce » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:12 am

IMO Mandan's cold shooting let Minot hang around and the game swung on Mandan's inability to box out on defense.  Elgie had a field day on the offensive boards and offensive boards = points.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cityleaguer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Did I see right that Belohlavek was 3-17 from the 3 point line....UNBELIEVABLE, maybe Mandan needs to look into their offensive schemes and figure out something better than having one guy shoot a million 3's when he's clearly not having a great night. Most team don't even shoot that many treys.  ONE MAN SHOW, enough said!
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:44 pm

cityleaguer wrote:Did I see right that Belohlavek was 3-17 from the 3 point line....UNBELIEVABLE, maybe Mandan needs to look into their offensive schemes and figure out something better than having one guy shoot a million 3's when he's clearly not having a great night. Most team don't even shoot that many treys.  ONE MAN SHOW, enough said!

Good point, I agree that Belohlavek was having a bad night.  But he was constently forcing bad shots,  He shot several 3's while being double teamed.
ndfootball

Postby Ming01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:50 pm

Maybe it was a bad reffing night, but that will only help Mandan for WDA when it's on a neutral court...
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfootball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:01 pm

Ming01 wrote:Maybe it was a bad reffing night, but that will only help Mandan for WDA when it's on a neutral court...

I agree,  it will make them more hungary and determined.
ndfootball

Postby Leech » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:04 pm

smart source wrote:yea im sure belovich going 3-17 from the 3 point line had nothin to do with it....why is it so hard for you people to just admit that you got outplayed guys it happens grow some balls and admit you lost bcuz the team you played scored more points than you did p.s ur an idiot im looking at the stats right now

assists- mandan-22 minot-15 (where are you getting more than double minots assists)

steals- mandan-5 minot-7

Wrong game. Last night was 22 to 11. If I'm not mistaken that is indeed double.

Rebounds are actually 43-36 but I see where you're coming from.

No one is saying Justin was better than Elgie last night. All I'm saying is that he was forced to do it himself for a majority of the game last night because 4 of our 7 best players were either out sick or fouled out.

If a game is officiated consistantly 22 to 10 will NEVER happen. Morrell fouled out in 8 minutes. B.S.
Last edited by Leech on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leech
NDPreps Reserve

Postby skoal_24 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:21 pm

Ming01 wrote:Well what would ya know, Belcourt wins at home...

WELL WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW WHEN BELCOURT WENT TO BISMARK WHAT DID THE REFS DO THERE  I MEAN COME ON WAS BISMARK REALLY GONNA BEAT BELCOURT THAT BAD    SO U AND OSNAP AND YOUR STUPID BULL CRAP EVERYTIME YOUR TEAM LOSSES IT IS BECAUSE OF THE REFS JUST FACE IT YOUR TEAM LOST ALWAYS BLAME THE REFS DID U HEAR ME CRYING AROUND WHEN BELCOURT PLAYED BISMARK NO I DON'T THINK SO AND WE ALL KNOW HOW IT IS IN BISMARK  
skoal_24

Postby Ming01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:32 pm

skoal_24 wrote:

WELL WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW WHEN BELCOURT WENT TO BISMARK WHAT DID THE REFS DO THERE  I MEAN COME ON WAS BISMARK REALLY GONNA BEAT BELCOURT THAT BAD    SO U AND OSNAP AND YOUR STUPID BULL CRAP EVERYTIME YOUR TEAM LOSSES IT IS BECAUSE OF THE REFS JUST FACE IT YOUR TEAM LOST ALWAYS BLAME THE REFS DID U HEAR ME CRYING AROUND WHEN BELCOURT PLAYED BISMARK NO I DON'T THINK SO AND WE ALL KNOW HOW IT IS IN BISMARK  

I am not a Demons fan, but if i had to choose I would probably prefer for Belcourt to beat them. But I was just stating a point.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:48 pm

Ming01 wrote:
skoal_24 wrote:

I am not a Demons fan, but if i had to choose I would probably prefer for Belcourt to beat them. But I was just stating a point
i am a demons fan and i know teams get hosed when they come here and its sad to watch...but its the same way in any other town thats why there is such a thing at "home court advantage" seriously face it.. it happends everwhere and thats just the way it is.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDdominator » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:07 pm

Let the mandan fans whine in one of the very few years their boys team could probably beat their girls they get screwed I think they easily one of the top 3 teams w/ arguably the best player he finally had a bad a night and they lose who would've saw that coming;) now we all know he can't have a two bad nights at WDA or else......
NDdominator

Postby NDdominator » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:09 pm

w/ BHS losing to belcourt the WDA should be awesome to watch its so hard to say who will go to state
NDdominator

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:11 pm

NDdominator wrote:Let the mandan fans whine in one of the very few years their boys team could probably beat their girls they get screwed I think they easily one of the top 3 teams w/ arguably the best player he finally had a bad a night and they lose who would've saw that coming;) now we all know he can't have a two bad nights at WDA or else......

not a bad comment but i gotta say the comment about this beings on of the few years the boys could beat the girls is a very dumb statement...their boys would beat their girls every year 
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby arsnl7 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:11 pm

Ok, Mandan and Bismarck both lost.  The games are over.  Complaining and making excuses isn't going to change the outcome.  It's only the regular season so it doesnt mean a whole lot.  Once the WDA tourney comes along with neutral refs on a neutral court, we will see who the best team really is and then we will have something real to talk about.
arsnl7

Postby baseball30 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:13 am

why dont we all quit crying like little babies about the refs, face it...mandan lost...period
baseball30

Previous

Return to Boys