MR BASKETBALL

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Is Gonna Win Mr. Basketball

Poll runs till Thu Jun 02, 2044 11:28 am

Brian Qvale
21%
Tate Kick
24%
Justin Belohlavek
36%
other
20%

Total votes : 152

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:01 pm

coyotefan wrote:congrats to qvale and i also want to add what a class act by willy for smiling and congradulating qvale and i also noticed take kick looked pretty stuff

From what i saw he came walkin off the court smiling too laughin with friends so i dont know if he was so stuff?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby coyotefan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:02 pm

found this on williston herald.com and thought it was intresting qvale won it by a pretty good margin

Qvale received 10 of the 16 first-place votes and 60 total points in the voting by the NDAPSSA.

Mandan's Justin Belohlavek was runner-up in the voting with 30 points and two first-place votes. He averaged 25.5 points, six rebounds and four assists during the season.

Tate Kick of Class A champion Dickinson received 25 points in the voting and three first-place votes, followed by Luke Lorenz of Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg with eight points and one first-place vote, Mark Bakkum of Steele-Dawson with seven points, Tony Ironheart of Four Winds with five points and Jordan Wilhelm of Bismarck with two points.

Qvale is the 12th straight Class A player to win the award. The last Class B winner was Grenora's Hunter Berg in 1995.
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby coyotefan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:03 pm

baseball wrote:
coyotefan wrote:congrats to qvale and i also want to add what a class act by willy for smiling and congradulating qvale and i also noticed take kick looked pretty stuff

From what i saw he came walkin off the court smiling too laughin with friends so i dont know if he was so stuff?

i was just goin off by what i saw on tv thats all
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby *ndballa* » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:09 pm

coyotefan wrote:
baseball wrote:

well maybe you shouldnt assume stuff from off of tv then huh
*ndballa*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby coyotefan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:14 pm

*ndballa* wrote:
coyotefan wrote:
baseball wrote:

well i guess not "huh" but i am sure i wasn't the only one with the assumption
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby threeball » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:23 pm

coyotefan wrote:
*ndballa* wrote:
coyotefan wrote:
baseball wrote:

i saw know what your sayin coyotefan i was thinkin he looked kinda stuff too. im not tryin to say he was but he did kinda look like it
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coyotefan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:27 pm

thank you i am not saying he was too he just looked like it and i am sure kick is a great kid, but i was just sayin he had a sober look to his face thats all
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby biggie » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:27 pm

coyotefan wrote:
*ndballa* wrote:
coyotefan wrote:
baseball wrote:

I also thought it looked like it.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:59 pm

biggie wrote:
coyotefan wrote:
*ndballa* wrote:
coyotefan wrote:
baseball wrote:

I also thought it looked like it.

why do u assume he was stuff and not just disappointed??  there is a difference...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsman » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:14 pm

I'm sure he wasn't stuff.....but it don't matter anyway, I'm sure Kick wouldn't trade his STATE CHAMPIONSHIP for a media awarded Mr. Basketball trophy!!!:D 
Last edited by sportsman on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby True Fan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:20 am

*ndballa* wrote:

cuz willy knew he had no chance he was just showing up to show off his pretty little earings...really sized his ears down

Give him a break, the vote is over, he didnt win but at least he isnt a bitter idiot like some.   Just because Belohlavek didn't win, another jerk crawls out of their hole to make a childish remark.  The most dominant player won plain and simple.  Instead of making idiotic remarks, congratulate Quale and leave it at that. 
Last edited by True Fan on Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby coyotefan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:20 am

sportsman wrote:I'm sure he wasn't stuff.....but it don't matter anyway, I'm sure Kick wouldn't trade his STATE CHAMPIONSHIP for a media awarded Mr. Basketball trophy!!!:D 

i am sure not who would, but i will add he deserved it just as much as qvale did all those guys were deserving but only one gets the award
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da_man 23 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:23 am

Qvale deserved it cuz he avg. 13 pts a game prior to this season and lead his team to a third place finish in wda and a third place finish in state this year, once again, the media shows how biased they are and that the most media popular player gets it.....beholavok or kick deserved it over him.....
da_man 23

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:27 am

da_man 23 wrote:Qvale deserved it cuz he avg. 13 pts a game prior to this season and lead his team to a third place finish in wda and a third place finish in state this year, once again, the media shows how biased they are and that the most media popular player gets it.....beholavok or kick deserved it over him.....

Well, first of all, is Mr. Basketball an MVP award or is it for the best overall player?  If it's MVP Qvale no doubt deserves it, he was more valuable to his team than any of the other canidates.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:33 am

Ming01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:Qvale deserved it cuz he avg. 13 pts a game prior to this season and lead his team to a third place finish in wda and a third place finish in state this year, once again, the media shows how biased they are and that the most media popular player gets it.....beholavok or kick deserved it over him.....

Well, first of all, is Mr. Basketball an MVP award or is it for the best overall player?  If it's MVP Qvale no doubt deserves it, he was more valuable to his team than any of the other canidates.

i would put it the other way i think belohlavek was more of an mvp but qvale was the best player hands down

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:43 am

You cannot convince me that Qvale wasn't the most valuable to his team.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:06 am

Ming01 wrote:You cannot convince me that Qvale wasn't the most valuable to his team.

im not going to try to either i think qvale is amazing if u havent realized that yet
Last edited by cdub1 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:57 am

Ming01 wrote:

Nobody really says what all Mr.Basketball is or should be.  It is similiar to the NBA and its MVP.  They don't really say if its for the best player in the league, the most important to his team, the best player on one of the best teams, etc. 

They do this because it causes a huge debate.  Its what people like to talk about, which is good for basketball.  There are 22 pages on this subject on this forum.  Its good for discussion which is good for North Dakota basketball.
hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbfollower » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:15 pm

I just wanted to congratulate Brian Quale on winning Mr. Basketball. Of course, I was pulling for Justin B., but believe that any of these boys this year would be a good choice. Congratulations again, Brian.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:40 pm

what i love is all the BHS people on here saying wilhelm was so deserving and should win it good call he recieved 2 points all the class B candidates beat him and he was last.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby beavers » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:05 pm

How many votes did you get Ditka? Armachair QB?
beavers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:09 pm

beavers wrote:How many votes did you get Ditka? Armachair QB?
BURN!!!!!!!!!
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:18 pm

Ming01 wrote:You cannot convince me that Qvale wasn't the most valuable to his team.

Are you serious? If they didnt have Qvale, they would have still of had Schmitz and the other Qvale plus the others...Without JB Mandan wouldn't of had nebody...He ran that floor...

sportsfan1989

Postby sportsman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:24 pm

Ditka14 wrote:what i love is all the BHS people on here saying wilhelm was so deserving and should win it good call he recieved 2 points all the class B candidates beat him and he was last.

I don't think anyone really thought Wilhelm had a shot at it....especially after he got "owned" by the Dickinson defense in the title game. 
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Buckeye » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:15 pm

The media didn't show much love to Tate Kick.  I know the guys on the radio never gave him props like they did a couple of the other candidates.  You could argue he got screwed three times in one week (unanimous-mvp-mrbb).  After a huge junior year, him and his team started the season with a huge bullseye.  He did nothing but deliver.  The biggest argument I heard against was he had a supporting cast.  Does MJ having Pippen and the crew dimish what he did?  Also, every other class A candidate had their team at #1, and fell.  Every time Dickinson got knocked from #1 TK had a big game to get them back (Williston, Mandan, state championship).  Taking nothing away from the other candidates, they had great years.  I just think Kick deserved little more respect.  What else could have he done?       
Buckeye
NDPreps Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Boys