MR BASKETBALL

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Is Gonna Win Mr. Basketball

Poll runs till Thu Jun 02, 2044 11:28 am

Brian Qvale
21%
Tate Kick
24%
Justin Belohlavek
36%
other
20%

Total votes : 152

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:20 am

qvale kick belohlavek

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:09 am

no wilhelm?
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:31 pm

sqeak63 wrote:no wilhelm?

i dint put him on here cuz he wuznt gettin votes in the last one really only like 4 or 5 and i dont think class b is gonna win so it wuz like belohlavek then qvale then kick wit the most votes wilhelm only had like 5 or so

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threeball » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:52 pm

wilhelm won't win mr basketball nor do i think he will be a canditdate but i could be wrong
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby da_man 23 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:15 pm

threeball wrote:

wilhelm won't win mr basketball nor do i think he will be a canditdate but i could be wrong
He is still one of the premier players in the state, but i think it will be hard for him to be a candidate, but after the game on friday, Kick is ahead of Qvale, IMO. Qvale played good but Kick showed that hes a better player.
da_man 23

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:23 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
threeball wrote:

He is still one of the premier players in the state, but i think it will be hard for him to be a candidate, but after the game on friday, Kick is ahead of Qvale, IMO. Qvale played good but Kick showed that hes a better player.
i think in their 2 games against each other qvale dominated him the first game and kick MITE have played better the second game

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threeball » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:29 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
threeball wrote:

i agree with you, wilhelm is a premier player but i just dont see a very big chance of him even being a candidate let alone win it. which i know is pretty much what you said
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:32 pm

the tihng im curious about is what was the need for a new poll?? already had one going, seems like alot of people were voting.  so why make a new one with the same outcome coming from it?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:35 pm

baseball wrote:the tihng im curious about is what was the need for a new poll?? already had one going, seems like alot of people were voting.  so why make a new one with the same outcome coming from it?

i want to see if it will be the same outcome there are about 40 votes to kramer ironheart bakkum lorenz etc i wanna see where they go

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby da_man 23 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:03 am

cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
threeball wrote:

i think in their 2 games against each other qvale dominated him the first game and kick MITE have played better the second game

MITE??? why would u say he might have? where u there?
da_man 23

Postby biggie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:11 am

[align=left]

##
Name
                   P
FG
         3 Pt
FT
PTS
ORB
DRB
TR
PF
AST
TO
BS
ST
MIN[/align]
[align=left]
 [/align]
[align=left]

* Tate Kick
F
13/24
0/2
7/10
35:13[/align]
[align=left]

* Brian Qvale
F/C
10/14
0/0
0/2
34:54[/align]

Looks pretty even to me.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby da_man 23 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:36 am

biggie wrote:[align=left]

##
Name
                   P
FG
         3 Pt
FT
PTS
ORB
DRB
TR
PF
AST
TO
BS
ST
MIN[/align]

[align=left]
 [/align]

[align=left]

* Tate Kick
F
13/24
0/2
7/10

[align=left]

* Brian Qvale
F/C
10/14
0/0
0/2

Looks pretty even to me.

Really....hmmm maybe i was watching the wrong game then cuz kick had 13 more points, 3 less rbds, 5 more assists, and 4 less blocks, not to mention he went to line for 10 shots to qvales 2(which wasn't even a foul), lets toss in two steals for Kick too. but yet it was pretty close huh???  
da_man 23

Postby biggie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:21 am

da_man 23 wrote:
biggie wrote:
[align=left]

##
Name
                   P
FG
         3 Pt
FT
PTS
ORB
DRB
TR
PF
AST
TO
BS
ST
MIN[/align]

[align=left]
 [/align]

[align=left]

* Tate Kick
F
13/24
0/2
7/10

[align=left]

* Brian Qvale
F/C
10/14
0/0
0/2

Looks pretty even to me.

Really....hmmm maybe i was watching the wrong game then cuz kick had 13 more points, 3 less rbds, 5 more assists, and 4 less blocks, not to mention he went to line for 10 shots to qvales 2(which wasn't even a foul), lets toss in two steals for Kick too. but yet it was pretty close huh???  

Qvale was fouled.  Get over it.  Kick is a good player, but he isn't god like you make him out to be.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby da_man 23 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:00 am

hahaha okay biggie, qvale is god right. thats y kick is havin the better season, yet again! i didn't make him out to be god, just proved how much better he played than qvale did, thats it. and qvale missed that dunk cuz he was fould didn't he????? haha
da_man 23

Postby biggie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:24 am

da_man 23 wrote:hahaha okay biggie, qvale is god right. thats y kick is havin the better season, yet again! i didn't make him out to be god, just proved how much better he played than qvale did, thats it. and qvale missed that dunk cuz he was fould didn't he????? haha

I never said Qvale was god, show me where I said that?  I don't make it him out to be the greatest of all time.  He's good but not the best.  Belohavek will get Mr. Basketball because of the season he is having.  Qvale DID miss that dunk because he was fouled.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby da_man 23 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:27 am

biggie wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:hahaha okay biggie, qvale is god right. thats y kick is havin the better season, yet again! i didn't make him out to be god, just proved how much better he played than qvale did, thats it. and qvale missed that dunk cuz he was fould didn't he????? haha

I never said Qvale was god, show me where I said that?  I don't make it him out to be the greatest of all time.  He's good but not the best.  Belohavek will get Mr. Basketball because of the season he is having.  Qvale DID miss that dunk because he was fouled.

Belohavek is having one of those seasons where is gna be hard for anybody to take that title away, but i read on one of the class b topics, that mr. basketball is more of a career award and senior player of the year is for this year? is that correct? i guess the reason i ask is cuz, who has ever won both in the same year?
Last edited by da_man 23 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
da_man 23

Postby cdub1 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:12 am

da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
threeball wrote:

MITE??? why would u say he might have? where u there?

i wasnt there that would be a reason to say mite dont get me wrong i think kick is amazing but in 2 meetings they are at a standstill and you say kick proved he was a better player on the 2 games they are both averaging around 25 and 10 boards and the season they are at a virtual standstill kick isnt having a better season or worse they are both doing good

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ace » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:47 pm

Do the mr. basketball winners in north dakota ever go on to do big things? Boschee was a stud, but hes the only one i remember playin at a big school in the past years
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby stockton » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:59 pm

ace wrote:Do the mr. basketball winners in north dakota ever go on to do big things? Boschee was a stud, but hes the only one i remember playin at a big school in the past years

no wilhelm? thats a joke...he has out played qvqle,kick and belhovek head to head...
stockton
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:06 pm

stockton wrote:
ace wrote:Do the mr. basketball winners in north dakota ever go on to do big things? Boschee was a stud, but hes the only one i remember playin at a big school in the past years

no wilhelm? thats a joke...he has out played qvqle,kick and belhovek head to head...

head to head he wasnt guarding qvale or kick and i think kick did just as good as wilhelm did when they played at bhs only my opinion also wilhelm wont win mr. basketball i was only seeing what people would vote on from the big 3 from the last poll and go check but wilhelm wasnt one of them but these polls dont matter as maybe a maximum of 3 voters on this page actually vote for mr basketball

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby coyotefan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:18 pm

[user=414]da_man 23[/user] wrote

Belohavek is having one of those seasons where is gna be hard for anybody to take that title away, but i read on one of the class b topics, that mr. basketball is more of a career award and senior player of the year is for this year? is that correct? i guess the reason i ask is cuz, who has ever won both in the same year?

james hennessy did two years ago he also won gatorade player of the year i am pretty sure he swept the awards that season
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stockton » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:32 pm

you apparently were not at the bhs...dik..whs games...if you did you would know that wilhelm guarded qvale some...and was the primary defender on tate for the last two meetings. if you look at the wda website that provides stats, you will find that wilhelm statisticaly had the upper hand.
stockton
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:33 pm

stockton wrote:you apparently were not at the bhs...dik..whs games...if you did you would know that wilhelm guarded qvale some...and was the primary defender on tate for the last two meetings. if you look at the wda website that provides stats, you will find that wilhelm statisticaly had the upper hand.

i apparently was at both games and i remember qvale and kick not getting help from the refs different when u r at home i should go check the minutes

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:34 pm

kick 21 minutes wilhelm 36 wilhelm with only 7 more points

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:35 pm

cdub1 wrote:
stockton wrote:you apparently were not at the bhs...dik..whs games...if you did you would know that wilhelm guarded qvale some...and was the primary defender on tate for the last two meetings. if you look at the wda website that provides stats, you will find that wilhelm statisticaly had the upper hand.

i apparently was at both games and i remember qvale and kick not getting help from the refs different when u r at home i should go check the minutes

also tate wuznt in the last two minutes of the game so that is bs and guarding qvale 3  or 4 plays doesnt make me say u guarded him

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys