MR BASKETBALL

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Is Gonna Win Mr. Basketball

Poll runs till Thu Jun 02, 2044 11:28 am

Brian Qvale
21%
Tate Kick
24%
Justin Belohlavek
36%
other
20%

Total votes : 152

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:19 pm

[user=2178]sportsfan1989[/user] wrote:
Ming01 wrote:You cannot convince me that Qvale wasn't the most valuable to his team.

Are you serious? If they didnt have Qvale, they would have still of had Schmitz and the other Qvale plus the others...Without JB Mandan wouldn't of had nebody...He ran that floor...

yea I would have to agree after going to a few mandan games w/o JB they would be under .500 their second best player wouldn't start on some teams even though I think that qvale is very deserving actually i feel that almost all of the candidates were deserving the only change I would've made to the candidates is packineau but it would be hard to replace anybody
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:25 pm

dominationSCS wrote:[user=2178]sportsfan1989[/user] wrote:
Ming01 wrote:You cannot convince me that Qvale wasn't?the most?valuable to his team.

Are you serious? If they didnt have Qvale, they would have still of had Schmitz and the other Qvale plus the others...Without JB Mandan wouldn't of had nebody...He ran that floor...

?

yea I would have to agree after going to a few mandan games w/o JB they would be under .500 their second best player wouldn't start on some teams even though I think that qvale is very deserving actually i feel that almost all of the candidates were deserving the only change I would've made to the candidates is packineau but it would be hard to replace anybody
I agree about Packineau, after watching him play this week-end. I guess they have to cut somewhere, but it is too bad they didn't include him.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:48 pm

beavers wrote:How many votes did you get Ditka? Armachair QB?

I don't play basketball all right so i didn't recieve any obviously. I was making the point that some 7-8 pages back some people said wilhelm had a good shot at winning OK beav.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:38 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:You cannot convince me that Qvale wasn't the most valuable to his team.

Are you serious? 

Let's see here... yes!
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby *ndballa* » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:44 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:

Are you serious?
no man hes joking dont worry he'll sleep on it and get over it in a couple of days
*ndballa*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby True Fan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:05 am

Ditka14 wrote:what i love is all the BHS people on here saying wilhelm was so deserving and should win it good call he recieved 2 points all the class B candidates beat him and he was last.

What I love is another Mandan genius who is mad because their boy didn't win.  It doesnt matter how many little Mr. Basketball threads he won on Preps.  When it came down to it Mandan boys basketball once again fell short and someone feels the need to attack someone rather than keep their mouth shut.  And I don't rembember it being embarassing being a Mr. Basketball candidate, no matter how you finished.
Last edited by True Fan on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan1989 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:14 am

*ndballa* wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

Are you serious?
no man hes joking dont worry he'll sleep on it and get over it in a couple of day
ok good lol
sportsfan1989

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:25 am

True Fan wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:what i love is all the BHS people on here saying wilhelm was so deserving and should win it good call he recieved 2 points all the class B candidates beat him and he was last.

What I love is another Mandan genius who is mad because their boy didn't win.  It doesnt matter how many little Mr. Basketball threads he won on Preps.  When it came down to it Mandan boys basketball once again fell short and someone feels the need to attack someone rather than keep their mouth shut.  And I don't rembember it being embarassing being a Mr. Basketball candidate, no matter how you finished.

Once again i never said anything about me being stuff about belohvek not winning i thought it was going to be qvale or a class B guy. From the day they didn't make state i knew it was going to hurt him in the voting.

[user=517]cdub1[/user] wrote:
qvale kick belohlavek

Nelly wrote: On page 6

Wilhelm deverves more than any of those other players!

It is stuff like that which made me bring up the statement he got 2 points in the voting. Which is funny because alot of people thought he should win it. Which he lost in a landslide. It is still very deserving to be nominated i was just stating the point that obviously the people that said he should win or has a great chance were completly wrong. Not once did i say he wasn't deserving it is a great accomplishment to be nominated and he should be happy with his 2 points at least he didn't recieve 0.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby iluvbball » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:31 am

Ditka,

Do you not get that each of the very worthy Mr. Basketball finalists have HUGE fans at their schools or in their communities that are absolutely convinced that their players are THE BEST?  Despite how their teams finish the season or whether their favorite player has the best stats.

It's ok to love your favorite player and make statements like that.

What's not ok is to respond by making statements that knock or bash a certain player by making cruel or mean statements that are intended to hurt someone in order to make your favorite player look or seem better. 

People like you will NEVER get that. 
iluvbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:55 am

iluvbball wrote:Ditka,

Do you not get that each of the very worthy Mr. Basketball finalists have HUGE fans at their schools or in their communities that are absolutely convinced that their players are THE BEST?  Despite how their teams finish the season or whether their favorite player has the best stats.

What's not ok is to respond by making statements that knock or bash a certain player by making cruel or mean statements that are intended to hurt someone in order to make your favorite player look or seem better. 

Please tell me where i bashed him or made cruel comments? this is what i said read it again please...."what i love is all the BHS people on here saying wilhelm was so deserving and should win it good call he recieved 2 points all the class B candidates beat him and he was last." (That was all facts) I said what i love is all the BHS people...ok alot of people on here bash mandan people and i was just stating that a person saying wilhelm is more deserving then qvale, kick, and belohvek was wrong. Qvale won with 60, belohvek had 30, and kick had 24 points. I was making a point that from what the sportscasters and sportswriters from around our state found 6 guys more deserving then him. So not once did i make a cruel or mean statment.

You will NEVER get that 

Last edited by Ditka14 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby True Fan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:57 am

Nice post!  And I agree with you some people will never get it.
Last edited by True Fan on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:03 am

True Fan wrote:

Nice post!  And I agree with you some people will never get it.

You being sarcastic? Our do you get my point?
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby thankyou_sir41 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:14 am

when is the last time a class B kid even won it
You will not Win cuz i will not Lose
thankyou_sir41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:33 am

thankyou_sir41 wrote:when is the last time a class B kid even won it
1995 Hunter Berg- Grenora
The Schwab