New Poll

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby biggie » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:21 pm

1. Dickinson
2. Mandan
3. Bismarck
4. Williston
5. Belcourt
6. Minot
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:26 pm

How can you possibly figure Dickinson 1????
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:54 pm

vikes_fan wrote:How can you possibly figure Dickinson 1????

12-2
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:09 pm

Lets think about this Dickinson only lost to Mandan and Williston and they now recently beat Williston and they beat Belcourt twice and Bismarck. Mandan has yet to prove that they can beat Bismarck and they did lose to Belcourt and just because they beat 3 number 1 teams in a row does that mean that your 4 loses are over looked and they beat the same team twice which is a little different then 3 number one teams. Losing to 3 teams unranked South North and Belcourt also with a loss to Bismarck and Dickinson losing to Mandan and then the number 1 team Williston. Dickinson has a better record by 2 games so I believe they should not be penalized considering they beat every team Mandan did plus some Mandan lost too. Only thing Mandan has done is beat Dickinson that Dickinson has done that is the one key factor in this. In some point record has to come into play. With that being said Mandan is the better team and they deserve to be nubmer 1 cause it is suppose to be the best team and right now Mandan is the best. But if you wanted to argue Dickinson there you go. 
Last edited by member on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby Leech » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:18 pm

I'm fine with it. Rankings mean squat right about now.
Leech
NDPreps Reserve

Postby O_Snap » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:21 pm

So your saying just a scenario...  If UNC was #1 and UCLA #2 and UNC did not lose and UCLA did not lose one week no matter who they played I can guarentee UNC would still hold the #1 position....
O_Snap

Postby member » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:25 pm

O_Snap wrote:So your saying just a scenario...  If UNC was #1 and UCLA #2 and UNC did not lose and UCLA did not lose one week no matter who they played I can guarentee UNC would still hold the #1 position....

No that is the scenario but both teams have there reasons why they should be one. Dickinson beat the better team though this week.
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:27 pm

Mandan losses by 2 to Dickinson at therecourt though.
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:30 pm

Mandan should be #1 till they lose.....
O_Snap

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:13 am

O_Snap wrote:Mandan should be #1 till they lose.....

should but people dint seem to want mandan to be number one with only 2 first place votes

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:04 am

O_Snap wrote:So your saying just a scenario...  If UNC was #1 and UCLA #2 and UNC did not lose and UCLA did not lose one week no matter who they played I can guarentee UNC would still hold the #1 position....

What is UNC played a unranked team and came down to only a 4 point win, and UCLA played the #4 ranked team, and smoked them i think they would have a chance of moving into the #1 spot, or at least it would be close. It's good for mandan i think. They don't need the #1 rank to prove to everyone they are good. Let dickinson hold the number one spot, and let the braves knock another #1 team off for the 4th time in a season. I bet that has never happened in Class A history (could be wrong though)
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:10 am

member wrote:

No that is the scenario but both teams have there reasons why they should be one. Dickinson beat the better team though this week.

And Mandan beat them twice.......
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:26 am

vikes_fan wrote:
member wrote:

And Mandan beat them twice.......

And Dickinson has 1 more overall win and 2 less overall losses.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby O_Snap » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:28 am

I can guarentee Mandan has BIGGER wins then Dickinson has had all year long.... and Overall yeah better but Dickinson is still 0-1 against Mandan..
O_Snap

Postby threeball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:33 am

member wrote:

dickinson also played the better team.  mandan played two not so great teams but they still blew them out. i think the rankings stay how they were mandan 1 and dickinson 2 until either mandan loses to minot or bhs or until dickinson proves they can beat mandan
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Leech » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:05 pm

I hope we're #2 when we go out to dickinson and go and knock 'em off again.
Leech
NDPreps Reserve

Postby magichoops » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:46 pm

1. Mandan
2. Dickinson
3. BHS
4. Williston
5. Minot
6. Belcourt
magichoops

Postby sportsman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:31 pm

Leech wrote:I hope we're #2 when we go out to dickinson and go and knock 'em off again.

Good luck with that!
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:41 pm

sportsman wrote:
Leech wrote:I hope we're #2 when we go out to dickinson and go and knock 'em off again.

Good luck with that!

LOL yeah its only happend 3 times but "good luck with that!"
O_Snap

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:45 pm

sportsman wrote:

Good luck with that!

How many times do they have to prove they are good to people honestly?????
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Leech » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:51 am

sportsman wrote:

Good luck with that!

Do you remember when Mandan played Dickinson last time? It would have been ugly if Justin didn't sit the whole first half with foul trouble.

!!
Leech
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cityleaguer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:06 am

Leech wrote:
sportsman wrote:

Good luck with that!

Do you remember when Mandan played Dickinson last time? It would have been ugly if Justin didn't sit the whole first half with foul trouble.

!!

Why? From what I could see he didn't do much while he was in during the first half anyway. And to say it would have been ugly?  Mandan was down 17 without him, so you're trying to say that not only would they have made up those 17 points but at the same time completely outscore a DHS team that was hitting everything for most of that half....HA HA HA!
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:15 am

cityleaguer wrote:
Leech wrote:
sportsman wrote:

Good luck with that!

!!

Why? From what I could see he didn't do much while he was in during the first half anyway. And to say it would have been ugly?  Mandan was down 17 without him, so you're trying to say that not only would they have made up those 17 points but at the same time completely outscore a DHS team that was hitting everything for most of that half....HA HA HA!

Actually they were down 17 when Belohavek went on the bench and the other players brought them back within 9 so ya i believe if belohavek was in they may have cut it to a closer margain and then maybe won by a few more points tho just my opinion tho
Last edited by vikes_fan on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys