Dickinson at Williston

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sportsman » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:02 pm

Anybody
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Dickinson, I missed the score.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan4 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:13 pm

80-79 dickinson. Bruschwein hit a 3 with 4 seconds left. Kick had 33 and Qvale had 21
sportsfan4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby coyotefan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:16 pm

sportsman wrote:Anybody

dickinson won 80-79 williston was up by one 78-77 with 14 seconds left, brett colebank made one of two free throws 79-77. Dickinson had the ball with 14 ticks left they ran a play for the threeball and taylor B. swished er in with 4 seconds left.  Willston called time, they had to bring the ball up full court, we threw it to half court and delorme caught it, made a move and took off towards the hoop and he got cut off and stopped; i am not sure if he slid or not but it was a pretty iffy call but he got called for traveling with 2.4 seconds left.  Dickinson inbound with a nice play and we couldn't foul in time. Game over.  Great game to watch williston has been in close games the last 5 out of 6 games so my congrats go to dickinson, but it coulda went either way.

game notes: Kick had a nice dunk in the second half, drove basline past qvale and two-handed er home and qvale tried to block it but got him on the arm and got the foul. Qvale did a great job on him, ya kick got his points but he got blocked several times and got pretty roughed up. I was just wondering if anyone knows if Kick was sick with sumthin he looked pretty pale and wore down?
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cityleaguer » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:05 pm

coyotefan wrote:
sportsman wrote:Anybody

dickinson won 80-79 williston was up by one 78-77 with 14 seconds left, brett colebank made one of two free throws 79-77. Dickinson had the ball with 14 ticks left they ran a play for the threeball and taylor B. swished er in with 4 seconds left.  Willston called time, they had to bring the ball up full court, we threw it to half court and delorme caught it, made a move and took off towards the hoop and he got cut off and stopped; i am not sure if he slid or not but it was a pretty iffy call but he got called for traveling with 2.4 seconds left.  Dickinson inbound with a nice play and we couldn't foul in time. Game over.  Great game to watch williston has been in close games the last 5 out of 6 games so my congrats go to dickinson, but it coulda went either way.

game notes: Kick had a nice dunk in the second half, drove basline past qvale and two-handed er home and qvale tried to block it but got him on the arm and got the foul. Qvale did a great job on him, ya kick got his points but he got blocked several times and got pretty roughed up. I was just wondering if anyone knows if Kick was sick with sumthin he looked pretty pale and wore down?

Great Post..I drove up to the game from Dickinson and I have to give Williston a lot of credit, and especially the Qvale's.  Brian really held it down inside, though Kick got his 33, Qvale had to have around 10 blocks.  Great first half by the midgets and not to take away from the Coyotes, but the fouls got a little lopsided to let them back in the second half and take a lead, however, Kick was big toward the end, and Bruhschwein made a huge 3 to seal the win as was stated....Oh, and that dunk by Kick was a major momentum changer, especially getting fouled while pounding it down!
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coyotefan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:14 pm

yes the fouls did get lopsided but they were all fouls, yes the dunk was a momentum changer, but remember qvale had a tip in dunk about 2 min after that, it was close a close game and i am thinking its gonna be another close one tommorrow at bismarck, i can't wait till wda time its a total toss up.
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Spanky » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:32 pm

Sounds like it was a great game. I wish I would have went. It sounded like the refs were terrible like always in Williston. Sounded a little lopsided towards Dickinson in the first half and then very lopsided towards Williston in the second.
Spanky
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:59 am

it was lobsided both ways, it seems willyville refs move with momentum, whoever has got the momentum gets "fouled" alot.

i really have to question the traveling call? it may have been traveling i guess, but in no way did i see a traveling, maybe the ref had a different view, but the place erupted in boo's.

I think in a 4 second play a ref doesnt call something that close, it should be more obvious, he basically decided the game, delorme was just about to shoot, if he would have made it williston would have won, if he missed it i guess williston still loses, but the ref didnt even give him a chance to win.     ?/?

Besides the fact that they will have a biased opinion i would like to know if a dickinson fan saw the travel and actually thought it was a good legit call. put all feelings aside, was that traveling?
klg_11

Postby cityleaguer » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:09 am

klg_11 wrote:it was lobsided both ways, it seems willyville refs move with momentum, whoever has got the momentum gets "fouled" alot.

i really have to question the traveling call? it may have been traveling i guess, but in no way did i see a traveling, maybe the ref had a different view, but the place erupted in boo's.

I think in a 4 second play a ref doesnt call something that close, it should be more obvious, he basically decided the game, delorme was just about to shoot, if he would have made it williston would have won, if he missed it i guess williston still loses, but the ref didnt even give him a chance to win.     ?/?

Besides the fact that they will have a biased opinion i would like to know if a dickinson fan saw the travel and actually thought it was a good legit call. put all feelings aside, was that traveling?

I was there and to be honest, the refs in Williston were absolutely in love with the traveling call most of the night...how many times was there a shot fake that turned into a travel?  Anyway, I'll be straight forward with you...I did see the travel but in no way did I think that they would call it, especially b/c it basically threw Williston's opportunity out the door...if anything, when the whistle blew I thought they were going to call another foul on the Midgets, it's a tough way to lose, and I really think the refs need to swallow their whistles with 4 seconds left.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:40 am

Yeah...it was kind of a call that was too close to call at that point in a game...but sometimes things happen like that
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby biggie » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:43 pm

A few pics.  Sorry for the quality.  I was way up in the stands.

The Dickinson kids got a little upset when the calls didn't go their way.

biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:57 pm

This game proves just how even the top 3 teams are in the state.
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggie » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:07 pm

member wrote:This game proves just how even the top 3 teams are in the state.

Exactly.  The game was within 12 pts the whole time I believe.  I can't wait for WDA.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vballfan06 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:02 pm

I'm sorry guys...but I have to disagree with the posts about the travel.  The kid walked, yeah there was hardly any time left...yes, it was a tough call. But as an official you have to make the correct call, whether it's in the first half or four seconds left in the ball game.  That's why we have rules, and that's why they should be enforced by the entire 36 minutes (not 35 minutes and 56 seconds). It's a cop out to believe that a ref shouldn't make a call just because it's a close game!
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:43 pm

i believe that he should make the call with 4 secs. left on an obvious foul. on that one i dont think so. it was not obvious and truthfully i believe he did not travel, i am from williston and that makes my view biased, but i was 4 rows up right by the play and i saw no travel. and i do agree that there was other bad calls on travel as cityleaguer mentioned.
klg_11

Postby dix06 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:06 pm

that picture of quale he missed the dunk there
dix06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby minotfan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:22 pm

klg_11 wrote:i believe that he should make the call with 4 secs. left on an obvious foul. on that one i dont think so. it was not obvious and truthfully i believe he did not travel, i am from williston and that makes my view biased, but i was 4 rows up right by the play and i saw no travel. and i do agree that there was other bad calls on travel as cityleaguer mentioned.

It must have been a travel because you are the only one that seems to think that it was't a travel.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggie » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:51 pm

No I would say that 95% of the crowd felt that it was a bad call. I haven't  heard BOOing that loud for a long time. If anything,  it was questionable, so it probably should not have been called. It wasn't noticeable to anyone else. I am over it, and we can move on, because the game really could have been played out differently. But I'm not the coach and we will leave the last minute plays up to him.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:10 pm

biggie wrote:No I would say that 95% of the crowd felt that it was a bad call. I haven't  heard BOOing that loud for a long time. If anything,  it was questionable, so it probably should not have been called. It wasn't noticeable to anyone else. I am over it, and we can move on, because the game really could have been played out differently. But I'm not the coach and we will leave the last minute plays up to him.

Williston has really been in a slump since they lost to Mandan. They have not been playin there best ball.
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggie » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:22 pm

member wrote:
biggie wrote:No I would say that 95% of the crowd felt that it was a bad call. I haven't  heard BOOing that loud for a long time. If anything,  it was questionable, so it probably should not have been called. It wasn't noticeable to anyone else. I am over it, and we can move on, because the game really could have been played out differently. But I'm not the coach and we will leave the last minute plays up to him.

Williston has really been in a slump since they lost to Mandan. They have not been playin there best ball.

Yeah I know what you are saying.  I really hope they can get back on their feet for WDA.  This weekend should be a little bit easier for them.  IT should help bring the confidence up.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby da_man 23 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:12 am

dix06 wrote:that picture of quale he missed the dunk there

Thats funny right there and on that play, they called a foul on kick, he isn't even touching Qvale hmmmm......as for the traveling call....it was the right call....the kid traveled, yeah there was 4 seconds left and it was a close game, but isn't it the ref's job to do what hes supposed to?
da_man 23

Postby coyotefan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:45 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
dix06 wrote:that picture of quale he missed the dunk there

Thats funny right there and on that play, they called a foul on kick, he isn't even touching Qvale hmmmm......as for the traveling call....it was the right call....the kid traveled, yeah there was 4 seconds left and it was a close game, but isn't it the ref's job to do what hes supposed to?

yeah but kick fouled qvale before the picture was snapped, qvale was fouled as soon as he started going up, thats just the continuation of the play
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys