EDC basketball (everyone beats each other)

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:17 am

What does everyone think? It seems like every week the best team

changes?
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby 666 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:57 am

good ?
Last edited by 666 on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 666 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:57 am

well this is tough to say i want to say Shanley but i cant and i want to say Devils Lake and West Fargo then Wahp just lost to VC so i think it is DL Shanley WF RR Wahp then south and yet i think any of these teams can beat each other

Postby 666 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:58 am

that is the best i got for the EDC's unstable teams
Last edited by 666 on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Number7 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:55 am

666 wrote:well this is tough to say i want to say Shanley but i cant and i want to say Devils Lake and West Fargo then Wahp just lost to VC so i think it is DL Shanley WF RR Wahp then south and yet i think any of these teams can beat each other

you could also throw north into the mix they have played all of those teams very close just happening to end up on the short end most of the time.  Just another team to throw into the mix
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby bb55 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:19 am

I have seen every EDC team play this year. South has the most talent, but as usual they don't have it together.  EDC is weak this year, not many good seniors, or talented big guys. Best team this year probably would not have been in top 4 last year.  Would predict:

West Fargo, Shanley, South, Wahpeton going to state. Shanley+ Whapeton have best group of seniors and West Fargo best coaching.   Could be the year that the West wins all the first round games at state!

bb55

Postby bruins44 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:23 pm

bb55 wrote:I have seen every EDC team play this year. South has the most talent, but as usual they don't have it together.  EDC is weak this year, not many good seniors, or talented big guys. Best team this year probably would not have been in top 4 last year.  Would predict:

West Fargo, Shanley, South, Wahpeton going to state. Shanley+ Whapeton have best group of seniors and West Fargo best coaching.   Could be the year that the West wins all the first round games at state!

Didnt Wahpeton just lose to Valley City??? wow and you have them going to state?  I would say that right now South is playing the best, then North, Red River is going to be tough with the EDC tourney in GF... so I would say North, South, Red River and West Fargo will go to state...
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kgmvp8807 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:00 pm

bb55 wrote:I have seen every EDC team play this year. South has the most talent, but as usual they don't have it together.  EDC is weak this year, not many good seniors, or talented big guys. Best team this year probably would not have been in top 4 last year.  Would predict:

you contradict yourself. what kinds of things get teams wins again and again? good coaching and good leadership, possibly? its the reason these teams could surprise the WDA teams at state. its apparent that the west is better this year, but theres hardly been any west vs. east games played, so u dont know whatll shake out at state. keep in mind the eastern teams, esp. west fargo and south, will have the home court advantage come march 8.
kgmvp8807

Postby bruins44 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:05 pm

South beat Mandan 77-69 in mid December.... Mandan is ranked #1 right now... The EDC teams will do just fine in the State Tournament!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threeball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:19 pm

bruins44 wrote:South beat Mandan 77-69 in mid December.... Mandan is ranked #1 right now... The EDC teams will do just fine in the State Tournament!!

mandan is playin at a much higher level than they were beginnin of the season
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:22 pm

threeball wrote:
bruins44 wrote:South beat Mandan 77-69 in mid December.... Mandan is ranked #1 right now... The EDC teams will do just fine in the State Tournament!!

mandan is playin at a much higher level than they were beginnin of the season

mandan got better but south got ALOT better also

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fan1234 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:41 pm

I'm just glad there are actually a handful of people on this site that are from east of 281.  With all of the WDA stuff on this board, you'd think the west was the ACC.
fan1234
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:20 pm

fan1234 wrote:I'm just glad there are actually a handful of people on this site that are from east of 281.  With all of the WDA stuff on this board, you'd think the west was the ACC.

ACC isnt even the best conference if that's what you mean
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stromer » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:04 pm

Ming01 wrote:
fan1234 wrote:I'm just glad there are actually a handful of people on this site that are from east of 281.  With all of the WDA stuff on this board, you'd think the west was the ACC.

Don't be dissing the greatest conference known to man! :(
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:21 am

Ming01 wrote:

no but it is the most talked about, with North Carolina, Duke, BC, and VaTech, kind of like this year with Dickinson, Williston, and Mandan.  Noone is giving the east any respect but when you look at it the top 7 teams in the East are all .500 or above and will be able to compete and win at State.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby all_star_22 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:16 pm

Fargo South, Shanley, West Fargo, Devils Lake are my picks to make it to state from the edc.
all_star_22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:08 am

bruins44 wrote:

Didnt Wahpeton just lose to Valley City??? wow and you have them going to state?  I would say that right now South is playing the best, then North, Red River is going to be tough with the EDC tourney in GF... so I would say North, South, Red River and West Fargo will go to state...

well................Shanley just beat North on Thursday 72-70 and a while back West Fargo lost to GF Central..................so, my picks to go to state are

Shanley, South, Devils Lake, and it will be a fight between Wahpeton and North for the last spot 
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:21 am

LG_Shanley2007 wrote:
bruins44 wrote:

well................Shanley just beat North on Thursday 72-70 and a while back West Fargo lost to GF Central..................so, my picks to go to state are

Shanley, South, Devils Lake, and it will be a fight between Wahpeton and North for the last spot 

lg how can you possibly leave out west fargo, yea they lost to central but it was a trp game, big games against shanley and devils lake before and after, it happens but they will definately make state. Wahpeton lost to valley city and "YOU" say they will fight for a spot. and dont forget Grnad Forks RR.

My predictions for final EDC standings:

1.Fargo South: 11-5

2.West Fargo: 11-5

3.Shanley: 11-5

4.Devils Lake: 10-6

5.Grand Forks RR: 9-7

6.Wahpeton: 8-8

7.Fargo North: 7-9

8.GF Central: 2-14

9.Valley City: 2-15
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:30 am

EDC Tourney:

8. ValleyCity def. 9.Central

1. Fargo South def. 8. Valley City

4. Devils Lake def. 5.Grand Forks RR

2. West Fargo def. 7. Fargo North

6. Wahpeton def. 3. Shanley

1. Fargo South def. 4. Devils Lake

2. West Fargo def. 6. Wahpeton

5. Grand Forks RR def. 8. Valley City

3. Shanley def. 7. Fargo North

State Qualifier: 4. Devils Lake def. 3. Shanley

State Qualifier: 5. Grand Forks RR def. 6. Wahpeton

EDC Championship: 1. Fargo South def. 2. West Fargo

just my thoughts
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby kingjames » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:20 pm

fargo south is very hot right now. playing really well all around. gonna be tough stoppin them from taking edc.
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:58 pm

EDC REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS (My predictions)

1. Fargo South 12-4

2. Devils Lake 11-5

3. West Fargo 10-6

4. Shanley 10-6

5. Grand Forks Red River 9-7

6. Wahpeton 8-8

7. Fargo North 7-8

8. Grand Forks Central 4-12

9. Valley City 1-15

EDC TOURNEY

#8 GFC def. #9 Valley City

#1 Fargo South def. #8 GFC