best dunker

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

best chance to win a dunk contest

justin belohlavek
6%
tate kick
33%
josh maurer
23%
jordan wilhelm
3%
jordan allard
7%
ishmail kareem
10%
brian qvale
17%

Total votes : 126

Postby member » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:10 am

Kick is the best dunker even though I havent seen him do anything cool he has fast break dunks and only two hands them which tells me hes not confident in his other dunks but hes the perfect dunking height 6'5" to 6'8" range. Maurer isnt the best dunker just the highest jumper. I would like the know the percentage of people who can dunk that voted in this poll.
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:09 am

member wrote:Kick is the best dunker even though I havent seen him do anything cool he has fast break dunks and only two hands them which tells me hes not confident in his other dunks but hes the perfect dunking height 6'5" to 6'8" range. Maurer isnt the best dunker just the highest jumper. I would like the know the percentage of people who can dunk that voted in this poll.

Yeah that height range is good...Good enough to do a impressive dunk and not making it look weird by being to tall..But no matter what is height is Qvale is by far the best dunker he maybe 6 ft 11in but this survey just asked who the best is and hes it..
sportsfan1989

Postby minotfan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:29 am

cdub1 wrote:
bcourtbraves wrote:I think shaun knife deserves the chance to be mentioned in this poll. 

should i put knife in the poll im lookin for someone not from belcourt to say i should and then i will

shaun knife should definitely be on this poll i have seen him do dunk before and he gets up.  He is one of the best in my opinion.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports24 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:18 am

minotfan wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
bcourtbraves wrote:I think shaun knife deserves the chance to be mentioned in this poll. 

should i put knife in the poll im lookin for someone not from belcourt to say i should and then i will

shaun knife should definitely be on this poll i have seen him do dunk before and he gets up.  He is one of the best in my opinion.

agree for sure! knife can put it down pretty well!
sports24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby threeball » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:53 am

im surprised by the lack of votes for ishmail
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby O_Snap » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:56 am

threeball wrote:im surprised by the lack of votes for ishmail

I have never seen him dunk... 

off topic.. I will keep my vote for Maurer, Kick can throw them down nice along with Qvale but when Maurer puts them down he just puts them down in a different style that gets the whole crowd pumped along with the team... Kick and Qvale keep it simple....
O_Snap

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:50 pm

O_Snap wrote:

off topic.. I will keep my vote for Maurer, Kick can throw them down nice along with Qvale but when Maurer puts them down he just puts them down in a different style that gets the whole crowd pumped along with the team... Kick and Qvale keep it simple....

I'm pretty sure that Qvale and Kicks get the crowd pumped everytime as well I don't think it's style as that this is high school every dunk is a crowd pleaser..
sportsfan1989

Postby bballin_it » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:21 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
O_Snap wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Qvale and Kicks get the crowd pumped everytime as well I don't think it's style as that this is high school every dunk is a crowd pleaser..

you're right, if anyone pulls off a dunk, the crowd is sure to go wild. who doesnt like a nice dunk? but im with o_snap when they say maurer has style and puts them away in the best way possible, which makes the crowd really go nuts. the poll is called 'who has the best chance to win a dunk contest' and i would like to say that kick has no style and would be dominated by maurer with his creativity and style.
Last edited by bballin_it on Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballin_it
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:26 pm

bballin_it wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
O_Snap wrote:

you're right, if anyone pulls off a dunk, the crowd is sure to go wild. who doesnt like a nice dunk? but im with o_snap when they say maurer has style and puts them away in the best way possible, which makes the crowd really go nuts. the poll is called 'who has the best chance to win a dunk contest' and i would like to say that kick has no style and would be dominated by maurer with his creativity and style.

maybe Maurer's style is the reason he misses dunks? HMMMM?  I shoot around with Kick every so often and he can do what he wants in the air, however, the furthest thing from his mind during a game is "which dunk should I do this time?" and he has yet to miss one.

He knows that any dunk will send the crowd into a frenzy, but he's smart enough to know that a guaranteed basket is better than looking like a fool!
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:01 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
bballin_it wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
O_Snap wrote:

maybe Maurer's style is the reason he misses dunks? HMMMM?  I shoot around with Kick every so often and he can do what he wants in the air, however, the furthest thing from his mind during a game is "which dunk should I do this time?" and he has yet to miss one.

He knows that any dunk will send the crowd into a frenzy, but he's smart enough to know that a guaranteed basket is better than looking like a fool!
No kidding i personally know Qvale and he can do alot of dunks that theres no way that maurer could do...But he never shows them in games I mean how embarrassing would it be to be 6 ft 11 in and miss an easy back by doing a 360 dunk
sportsfan1989

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:08 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:
bballin_it wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
O_Snap wrote:

No kidding i personally know Qvale and he can do alot of dunks that theres no way that maurer could do...But he never shows them in games I mean how embarrassing would it be to be 6 ft 11 in and miss an easy basket by doing a 360 dunk

i talk to both of them and have seen both of them dunk many times im wondering which dunks either of them can do that the other cant enlighten me

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby O_Snap » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:31 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
bballin_it wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
O_Snap wrote:

Ok... I think people are starting to fade away from the topic the poll says, Who would win in a Dunk CONTEST not in games....
O_Snap

Postby thankyou_sir41 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:45 pm

O_Snap wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:
bballin_it wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
O_Snap wrote:

Ok... I think people are starting to fade away from the topic the poll says, Who would win in a Dunk CONTEST not in games....

hey O_Snap a dunk contest in the state of ND tho, not a big deal. dunks in games are more important
You will not Win cuz i will not Lose
thankyou_sir41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby member » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:00 pm

I think Maurer misses dunks because of how much higher he has to jump than anybody else in this poll. How tall is this kid about 5'11" I am pretty sure he is a good 3 inches shorter than everybody in this poll or anybody that can even dunk in the state. he deserves a little credit I know Minot really enjoys watching Maurer play but I stil will go with Kick with Maurer a close second. Who wants to watch a 6'11" guy in the dunk contest. What if Maurer was 6'5" we all know that he is more of a flashy guy I bet he would do something nasty on the break being 6'5". Does anyone know what this kid can really do and maybe elighten some of us who dont have the pleasure to watch him in practice?
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:31 pm

cdub1 wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:
bballin_it wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
O_Snap wrote:

No kidding i personally know Qvale and he can do alot of dunks that theres no way that maurer could do...But he never shows them in games I mean how embarrassing would it be to be 6 ft 11 in and miss an easy basket by doing a 360 dunk

i talk to both of them and have seen both of them dunk many times im wondering which dunks either of them can do that the other cant enlighten me

I've seen Qvale do some pretty crazy windmills and with his long arms gives it a style that I don't think Kick could match..
sportsfan1989

Postby West Dakota » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:39 pm

I know he's not class A any more but Becker makes it look very easy as well.

This was one he had last night at Dist. vs Trinity.

West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby random guy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:58 pm

Ya guys can dunk in North Dakota, YIPPEE! Has there honestly been a really sick dunk that a kid has thrown down. I probably believe not. Im sure kids can do it but when has it ever occured in a game. Yes that kid just threw down a two handed dunk in the previous post before this. I have seen that many times in high school basketball. You can't rate people when alls they do is throw it down two handed or one handed. There just ordinary dunks. The only thing a dunk does in North Dakota basketball is create a bit of excitement in the crowd that brings some fire and momentum to a team. So if you where going to talk about dunking, why not talk about who creates those momentum change dunks during games the most.
Last edited by random guy on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
random guy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bballin_it » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:11 am

thankyou_sir41 wrote:
O_Snap wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:
bballin_it wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
O_Snap wrote:

hey O_Snap a dunk contest in the state of ND tho, not a big deal. dunks in games are more important

oh man. if we would have wanted to talk about the best dunks in a game we would have made a poll that said just that...but obviously the poll is talking about a dunk contest, even if it is in north dakota...i think people MIGHT come to see it?? yeah.
bballin_it
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NIZZLer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:48 am

member wrote:I think Maurer misses dunks because of how much higher he has to jump than anybody else in this poll. How tall is this kid about 5'11" I am pretty sure he is a good 3 inches shorter than everybody in this poll or anybody that can even dunk in the state. he deserves a little credit I know Minot really enjoys watching Maurer play but I stil will go with Kick with Maurer a close second. Who wants to watch a 6'11" guy in the dunk contest. What if Maurer was 6'5" we all know that he is more of a flashy guy I bet he would do something nasty on the break being 6'5". Does anyone know what this kid can really do and maybe elighten some of us who dont have the pleasure to watch him in practice?

I've had a mini-dunk contest w/ Maurer at the Y before after some H.S. Y-League games, and i'm pretty sure he could hold his own in a dunk contest against the previously mentioned guys. I'm 6'2" and he's about 2 inches shorter than me; dude can throw down a huge windmill, and anyone that can dunk a basketball after throwing it off the running track above the backboard while wearing jeans and street shoes gets my vote.
Last edited by NIZZLer on Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NIZZLer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby O_Snap » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:07 am

NIZZLer wrote:
member wrote:I think Maurer misses dunks because of how much higher he has to jump than anybody else in this poll. How tall is this kid about 5'11" I am pretty sure he is a good 3 inches shorter than everybody in this poll or anybody that can even dunk in the state. he deserves a little credit I know Minot really enjoys watching Maurer play but I stil will go with Kick with Maurer a close second. Who wants to watch a 6'11" guy in the dunk contest. What if Maurer was 6'5" we all know that he is more of a flashy guy I bet he would do something nasty on the break being 6'5". Does anyone know what this kid can really do and maybe elighten some of us who dont have the pleasure to watch him in practice?

I've had a mini-dunk contest w/ Maurer at the Y before after some H.S. Y-League games, and i'm pretty sure he could hold his own in a dunk contest against the previously mentioned guys. I'm 6'2" and he's about 2 inches shorter than me; dude can throw down a huge windmill, and anyone that can dunk a basketball after throwing it off the running track above the backboard while wearing jeans and street shoes gets my vote.

Nizzler were yout hey guy that was working the clock at the y ball games???
O_Snap

Postby bbq_chicken_fan83 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:39 pm

I seen Kringstad windmillin at the y the other day. His name must be in the poll.
bbq_chicken_fan83

Postby NIZZLer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:29 pm

[user=1429]O_Snap[/user] wrote
Nizzler were yout hey guy that was working the clock at the y ball games???

Yes sir, I'm one of those guys. And you are...
Last edited by NIZZLer on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NIZZLer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby O_Snap » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:54 pm

I was just at the Y that day watching You, Maurer and Belohlavek dunking...
O_Snap

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:57 pm

bbq_chicken_fan83 wrote:I seen Kringstad windmillin at the y the other day. His name must be in the poll.

back that up and ill put him in there or else dont make stupid comments in here its annoying

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threeball » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:59 pm

bbq_chicken_fan83 wrote:I seen Kringstad windmillin at the y the other day. His name must be in the poll.

thats definantly a lie
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys