Williston @ Mandan

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Williston @ Mandan

Williston
39%
Mandan
61%

Total votes : 23

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:57 pm

ndfootball wrote:
coyotefan wrote:great game that belohlavek kid is amazing but i think that the only way mandan or any other team can beat the coyotes is if their star player can put up 40 or more points. = formula for beating the coyotes star player+40= victory

Well it showed that williston isnt that great after all.  I say that there is something wrong if Mandan isnt #1 on the next poll.

they are not that great because they lost to the hottest team in the state on their home floor in OT by 2 points??  with belohlavek hitting a fade away 3 with 3 seconds left in regulation to send it OT and then banking in the game winner in OT??  yeah, they should just pack it up and call it a season according to you. 

i wasnt there, but it sounds like both teams played pretty good and it was a pretty competitve game.  what was qvale's line?  32 pts, rebs ?, blks ?

hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:06 pm

hoopsfan_2007 wrote:
ndfootball wrote:
coyotefan wrote:great game that belohlavek kid is amazing but i think that the only way mandan or any other team can beat the coyotes is if their star player can put up 40 or more points. = formula for beating the coyotes star player+40= victory

Well it showed that williston isnt that great after all.  I say that there is something wrong if Mandan isnt #1 on the next poll.

they are not that great because they lost to the hottest team in the state on their home floor in OT by 2 points??  with belohlavek hitting a fade away 3 with 3 seconds left in regulation to send it OT and then banking in the game winner in OT??  yeah, they should just pack it up and call it a season according to you. 

i wasnt there, but it sounds like both teams played pretty good and it was a pretty competitve game.  what was qvale's line?  32 pts, rebs ?, blks ?

All i know i saw mandans sheet and quale had 5 blocks i can't remeber rebounds.

Belhovek was like 16-32 i believe and 6-10 from three point range, and 10 rebounds 6 off and 4-def with 2 steals. One assit also, but there was no need to dish the ball when you were on like he was dropping 51.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:08 pm

so glad i went to this game
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby member » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:54 pm

I really just wish i could see this go down. Williston Mandan possibly a new rivalry for this year great games come out of these two teams. Lookin forward to seeing them match up again in WDA.
NDPreps Starter

Postby rikki4 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:22 pm

amazing game, fun to watch two mr. basketball canidates go at it
rikki4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby member » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:26 pm

rikki4 wrote:amazing game, fun to watch two mr. basketball canidates go at it

Belohlavek is clearly the bet player in the state but Brain didnt make himself just someone in the shadow I dont know exactly how well he played but the way it sounds like he had a game too. And the big advantage that Belohlavek has in the Mr. Basketball voting is the simple fact that he is WINNING the games single handedly WINNING the games WINNING.
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:39 pm

biggie wrote:77-75.  mandan.

Reffing sounds biased big time.  I've never heard of so many offensive fouls.

Really thats interestin but are you from Williston? Are there any nuetral posters that can comment on this?
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:09 pm

[user=993]ndfootball[/user] wrote:

ya man williston is terrible huh? after that lost man? mandan beat dickinson also! williston and dickinson just terrible teams now hope they can still beat jamestown. ur from minot right? if williston and dickinson are not that great what;s minot? darn huh?
klg_11

Postby rikki4 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:19 pm

member wrote:

Really thats interestin but are you from Williston? Are there any nuetral posters that can comment on this?

The reffing was not biased at all. the game was called fair, the offensive fouls were offensive fouls.
rikki4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:48 am

I was at the opposite end of the gym.  So I didn't have a great view of the charging calls.  But each of the three officials called at least one of them and they were called on several different players.  It appeared that the defender had position and the offensive player lowered the left shoulder on each occasion.  The first half the defenders were allowing the coyotes to go right to the baseline.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:10 am

member wrote:

i was at the opposite side as well, but the reffing was not biased at all.  They made some good calls for both sides and were very consistent. 

I'll admit at the end of the game I clapped for Belohlavek.  That was an amazng performance and the best I have ever witnessed from a high school player.  It was sick.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby biggie » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:29 am

I'll admit that my post was based on what I heard on the radio.  It seemed biased that 3 williston players fouled out (who normally don't foul a whole lot).  I'll take your guys' word that they are legit though.  Wish I could have been there.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:31 am

i think once qvale AND schmitz fouled out, it was over.  those two are the leaders and carry the offensive load for the coyoties.  hopefully these two teams play again at WDA.
hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:38 am

Ming01 wrote:
member wrote:

i was at the opposite side as well, but the reffing was not biased at all.  They made some good calls for both sides and were very consistent. 

I'll admit at the end of the game I clapped for Belohlavek.  That was an amazng performance and the best I have ever witnessed from a high school player.  It was sick.

Thank you.
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys