Shaun Knife

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby OkGo12 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:45 am

From what i hear, he doesn't really play well on the road. . .only at home. . .what do you guys think of him, being from Belcourt and nobody really knowing about him
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:47 am

i wasnt that impressed. he didnt really have many nice plays in williston. he could jump high enough to block but schmitz and qvale played right around him.

i guess maybe not high enough to block qvale?
klg_11

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:19 pm

hes good

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby chachi_j2007 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:17 pm

NOT GOOD
chachi_j2007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDdominator » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:32 pm

I wouldn't go as far as saying NOT GOOD hes definetly a good player no one will deny that but an elite player this year should be the question I would put him at about 5th behind kick, qvuale, belohavek, Mertens, and Elgie IMO hes just as good as Wilhelm and not to far behind the player that Elgie and mertens are
NDdominator

Postby member » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:23 pm

chachi_j2007 wrote:NOT GOOD

Love the opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby OkGo12 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:21 pm

member wrote:

Love the opinion

He left an opinion and thats what i asked for. . .but i doubt this kid is good at ball anyways
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:26 pm

OkGo12 wrote:
member wrote:

Love the opinion

He left an opinion and thats what i asked for. . .but i doubt this kid is good at ball anyways

what does his ability to play bball have to do with his opinion on this topic
ndfootball

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:39 pm

klg_11 wrote:i wasnt that impressed. he didnt really have many nice plays in williston. he could jump high enough to block but schmitz and qvale played right around him.

not very many people if any can block qvale. 9 feet astleast when the ball is above his head, and hes got moves to make it even harder for a defender to stop him. On to the topic, Knife is basically averaging a double double this year, with his scoring decreasing steadily.  He doesn't really get the shot attempts that the Qvales, Kicks, and Belohaveks get.  Plays solid defense, good passer, and can play any position. Top 5 type of player, should be an all-stater if he keeps it up
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby #50mandan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:44 pm

why doesnt he get the shot attempts like those other three?
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:00 pm

Shaun Knife is not top 5 in my book.....
O_Snap

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:53 am

bcourtbraves wrote:
klg_11 wrote:i wasnt that impressed. he didnt really have many nice plays in williston. he could jump high enough to block but schmitz and qvale played right around him.

not very many people if any can block qvale. 9 feet astleast when the ball is above his head, and hes got moves to make it even harder for a defender to stop him. On to the topic, Knife is basically averaging a double double this year, with his scoring decreasing steadily.  He doesn't really get the shot attempts that the Qvales, Kicks, and Belohaveks get.  Plays solid defense, good passer, and can play any position. Top 5 type of player, should be an all-stater if he keeps it up

Not top 5

1. Belohavek

2. Qvale

3. Kick

4. Wilhelm

5. Heck

(those are just the seniors) for number 5 i would put Elgie in there so i dont believe shaun knife is top 5 players
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:05 am

vikes_fan wrote:
bcourtbraves wrote:

Not top 5

1. Belohavek

2. Qvale

3. Kick

4. Wilhelm

5. Heck

(those are just the seniors) for number 5 i would put Elgie in there so i dont believe shaun knife is top 5 players

shaun knife is better than luke heck but jon kramer and marcus fridley are ahead of both of them
Last edited by cdub1 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDdominator » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:50 am

I feel what also holds him back is coaching wilhelm is under what is under one of the best coaches in ND coaching and most schools have a stable coaching situation while belcourt changes it seems every other year I don't know if hes top 5 some nights he is but i think he is for sure a all-state player and a lions all-star
NDdominator

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:52 am

NDdominator wrote:I feel what also holds him back is coaching wilhelm is under what is under one of the best coaches in ND coaching and most schools have a stable coaching situation while belcourt changes it seems every other year I don't know if hes top 5 some nights he is but i think he is for sure a all-state player and a lions all-star
lions all star easy i cant say all state for sure because there are so many good juniors this year

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDdominator » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:43 pm

yea skoal that was pretty lame hes good regardless but there are some posts on here that are hating but that'll happen w/ anybody but probably more so w/ knife just because hes not a hands down all-stater as are qvale, wilhelm, kick, and belohavek and it comes into play that belcourt is not the most popular team but hes a good player we wouldn't be talking about him on here if he was a role player you don't see threads for maurer or houle.
NDdominator

Postby NDdominator » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:45 pm

but not discrediting houle or maurer they were just examples of role players both do what their teams asks of them just thought I'd throw that in there some people would probably jump all over me
NDdominator

Postby creme de la creme » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:45 pm

what happened to weston slater from belcurt? i was expecting him to get some quality minutes for the braves this season.
i saw 'em in eastbay kid
creme de la creme
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da_man 23 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:22 am

vikes_fan wrote:
bcourtbraves wrote:

Not top 5

1. Belohavek

2. Qvale

3. Kick

4. Wilhelm

5. Heck

There is no way Heck is in top 5.....he had a few good games and ppl think hes great.....he is nothing special and Cdub is right....knife and kramer and fridley should be up there no way Heck should be.
da_man 23

Postby skoal_24 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:08 pm

creme de la creme wrote:what happened to weston slater from belcurt? i was expecting him to get some quality minutes for the braves this season.

haven't heard anything from him all year
skoal_24

Postby member » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:08 pm

This seems to be an interesting topic Shaun Knife I really only think he had one stand out game amongest the elite players in the state right now and that had to be against Mandan aside from that. Nothing spectacular
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDdominator » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:09 pm

Hes nice on the court it is interesting because hes good and so many people are on the fringe about him because of who he plays for hes not on the level that qvale,kick, and belohavek are(not terribily far behind) but after that hes just as good as anybody on any given night
NDdominator

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:05 pm

creme de la creme wrote:what happened to weston slater from belcurt? i was expecting him to get some quality minutes for the braves this season.

He had some personal issues. . .
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby creme de la creme » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:59 pm

knife should be in football
i saw 'em in eastbay kid
creme de la creme
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:17 pm

creme de la creme wrote:knife should be in football

knife in football, what about bosewell put that little sucker on the field as a return man. Does belcourt have football?
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys