Zac Elgie

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby member » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:30 am

If you ask me but, Im no scholar or analyst by any means but This kid can play. He has to be the number 1 canidate for Mr. Basketball hands down I really dont see much fight for it next year. This year he has established himself with the best in my opinion he is 4th if not 3rd best player in the state.
NDPreps Starter

Postby Strike3? » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:04 am

Zac Elgie is an amazing player and an amazing athlete, he probaly is one of the best players in the state but i definetely wouldnt put him in the top 3, Kick Qvale Behlovak are all ahead of him.

But i do agree that next year he does have a very good chance of winning Mr. Bball.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:11 am

member wrote:If you ask me but, Im no scholar or analyst by any means but This kid can play. He has to be the number 1 canidate for Mr. Basketball hands down I really dont see much fight for it next year. This year he has established himself with the best in my opinion he is 4th if not 3rd best player in the state.

saying Qvale hands down in Mr Basketball started a 7 page arguement.....i dont know if Elgie will be "hands down" but he has a good chance.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby member » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:14 am

baseball wrote:
member wrote:If you ask me but, Im no scholar or analyst by any means but This kid can play. He has to be the number 1 canidate for Mr. Basketball hands down I really dont see much fight for it next year. This year he has established himself with the best in my opinion he is 4th if not 3rd best player in the state.

saying Qvale hands down in Mr Basketball started a 7 page arguement.....i dont know if Elgie will be "hands down" but he has a good chance.

Yah cause sayin that wasnt a very good statement to say. When there was currently atleast one player better when it was said.
Last edited by member on Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsbest44 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:10 am

If you're looking to next year Elgie has to be the favorite
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:53 am

Elgie might be the most talented player in the state but he is not the best basketball player.  He scores points but he takes alot of bad shots.
ndfootball

Postby Spanky » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:00 pm

ndsbest44 wrote:If you're looking to next year Elgie has to be the favorite

I see him and BJ having a close fight for it.
Spanky
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:46 pm

Spanky wrote:
ndsbest44 wrote:If you're looking to next year Elgie has to be the favorite

I see him and BJ having a close fight for it.

I think Elgie will get it.  His senior year he won't have a lot of competition.  Not many players can guard him now and next year when Qvale, Kick, Belohlavek, Knife, Fridley,on and on are gone he will possibly get around 30 and 12.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby OkGo12 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:58 pm

He is amazing. . .what he's a star for football basketball and baseball. . .he should be a leader for the award next year. . .but he has a tough game this week, which some of you prolly won't say after dropping 37 in Williston, but Belcourt is a heck of team with Knife leading the way and Davis's shooting. . .it'll be a good one. . .but back to the topic, Elgie is amazing
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby magichoops » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:34 pm

The funny part about this topic is basketball isn't his best sport. Basketball and football are time fillers until baseball season rolls around.
magichoops

Postby vikes_fan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:50 pm

I will put any money on Elgie winning Mr. Basketball next year with being the senior athlete of the year in football and baseball respectively. He will average almost 30 points a game next year in bball.  He is a well rounded athlete and will probably be the best athlete in the state next year if he isnt already this year
Last edited by vikes_fan on Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby chachi_j2007 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:14 pm

magichoops wrote:The funny part about this topic is basketball isn't his best sport. Basketball and football are time fillers until baseball season rolls around.

Even though he is a darn good baseball player you cant consider his 20 some points per game and his 10 rebounds a game just a fill in sport.  Now football is a different story.
chachi_j2007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:04 pm

ndfootball wrote:Elgie might be the most talented player in the state but he is not the best basketball player.  He scores points but he takes alot of bad shots.

I also have to agree that he isn't the best basketball player becuase he does have very poor shot selection but the main reason that i wouldn't consider him as a top basketball player is his attitude towards other players. I remeber hearing about him gettin kicked out of a game this year against Dickinson, becuase he threw a punch or pushed one of the dix players INTENTIONALLY.....i wasn't there so i can't say if thats what happened....but if thats true nobody should consider him for anything.
da_man 23

Postby member » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:29 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
ndfootball wrote:Elgie might be the most talented player in the state but he is not the best basketball player.  He scores points but he takes alot of bad shots.

I also have to agree that he isn't the best basketball player becuase he does have very poor shot selection but the main reason that i wouldn't consider him as a top basketball player is his attitude towards other players. I remeber hearing about him gettin kicked out of a game this year against Dickinson, becuase he threw a punch or pushed one of the dix players INTENTIONALLY.....i wasn't there so i can't say if thats what happened....but if thats true nobody should consider him for anything.

Right...:?
Last edited by member on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:29 pm

da_man 23 wrote:

You might want to get your facts straight da man.... He got called for an intentional foul. It was a hard foul and the correct call IMO, but he did get ball on the foul and wasn't kicked out of the game. Nothing more than that.  
Y-not Daily

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:44 pm

cash wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:I will put any money on Elgie winning Mr. Basketball next year with being the senior athlete of the year in football and baseball respectively. He will average almost 30 points a game next year in bball.  He is a well rounded athlete and will probably be the best athlete in the state next year if he isnt already this year
come on now, dont go changing what u wrote, i believe you wrote this I will average almost 30 points a game next year in bball. instead of this He will average almost 30 points a game next year in bball............:D:D:D:D......just wish i could have caught it earlier :(

doesnt matter typo vikes_fan is from mandan i can gurantee that

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cash » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:45 pm

cdub1 wrote:
cash wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:I will put any money on Elgie winning Mr. Basketball next year with being the senior athlete of the year in football and baseball respectively. He will average almost 30 points a game next year in bball.  He is a well rounded athlete and will probably be the best athlete in the state next year if he isnt already this year
come on now, dont go changing what u wrote, i believe you wrote this I will average almost 30 points a game next year in bball. instead of this He will average almost 30 points a game next year in bball............:D:D:D:D......just wish i could have caught it earlier :(

alright, i believe ya
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:50 pm

cash wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
cash wrote:

alright, i believe ya

lol cash you caught me didnt realize that till today lol
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby da_man 23 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:31 am

Y-not Daily wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:

You might want to get your facts straight da man.... He got called for an intentional foul. It was a hard foul and the correct call IMO, but he did get ball on the foul and wasn't kicked out of the game. Nothing more than that.  
He didn't get all ball........he flat out punched nakoa baker and knocked him to the ground becuase Dix was wiping the floor with minot. What did i just say that i wasn't there so i didn't see it but i talked to ppl that were there and i also heard it on the radio.....the radio announcers said it was the poorest display of sportsmanship that they had ever seen but u r from minot so that makes sense for defending him. It was poor sportsmanship plain and simple and i guess if punchin ppl is the right call.....then i know where u stand from now on.
da_man 23

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:18 am

well rounded and tough at just about everything he does
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:50 pm

the situation elgie was in called for a foul. i'm sure he's not the only one who's been called for an intentional foul before. give the kid a break. lots of times people foul others too hard not meaning to.
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby da_man 23 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:24 am

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:the situation elgie was in called for a foul. i'm sure he's not the only one who's been called for an intentional foul before. give the kid a break. lots of times people foul others too hard not meaning to.

hahaha he punched him...yea i bet he didn't mean to do that. When the radio announcers say that it is the worst display of sportsmanship they had ever seen why should the kid get a break.
da_man 23

Postby MHSfan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:11 am

Here it is, just another hatin' session going on.  I saw the foul and it wasn't the worst display or what ever was posted.  He was going for the block, he didn't intensionally try to punch him in the face, he has more class then that. Give him a break.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby da_man 23 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:04 am

MHSfan wrote:Here it is, just another hatin' session going on.  I saw the foul and it wasn't the worst display or what ever was posted.  He was going for the block, he didn't intensionally try to punch him in the face, he has more class then that. Give him a break.

Another hatin' session haha.......yeah ok mhsfan......whats the definition of an intentional foul? Its called Intentional for a reason.  im not hatin on elgie as he is an amazing player but what he did was classless and it was nothing but frustration on his part. He might have more class than that but not that night he didn't!
da_man 23

Postby chachi_j2007 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:15 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
Y-not Daily wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:

He didn't get all ball........he flat out punched nakoa baker and knocked him to the ground becuase Dix was wiping the floor with minot. What did i just say that i wasn't there so i didn't see it but i talked to ppl that were there and i also heard it on the radio.....the radio announcers said it was the poorest display of sportsmanship that they had ever seen but u r from minot so that makes sense for defending him. It was poor sportsmanship plain and simple and i guess if punchin ppl is the right call.....then i know where u stand from now on.
your just lucky it wasnt Schatz that had the hard foul at the end because he probably would have punched the guy instead of just hitting his arm.
chachi_j2007
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys