Mr. Basketball Poll

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who's Gonna Win Mr. Basketball?

Tate Kick - Dickinson
15%
Justin Belohavek - Mandan
38%
Brian Qvale - Williston
17%
Jordan Wilhelm - Bismarck High
6%
Jon Kramer - Wahpeton
3%
Mark Bakkum - Steele-Dawson
3%
Nathaniel Packineau - Parshall
1%
Shaun Knife - Belcourt
2%
Luke Lorenz - May-Port CG
11%
Tony Ironheart - Four Winds
4%

Total votes : 125

Postby OkGo12 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:50 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
Ming01 wrote:Right now I am switching from Kick to Belohavek for Mr. Bball.  After watching him a few times this year and especially tonight, he keeps his team in games.  It seemed like everyone on Mandan was off their game tonight but him.  St. Mary's kept creeping back into the game in the 2nd half and he would go down and score or make free throws to keep them ahead.  He has to be in the mix with Qvale, Kick, and whoever at the end.

Ming, would it change your mind to know that Kick had 28 and 10, while his teammates like Fridley put up 17, shroeder 13, Bauer 10 and so on.....also Tate held Knife to 4 points! Not to take away from Belahovek, but if Kick honestly wanted to, he could go get his 35 a night, but DHS is a lot more dangerous this way.

I guess we'll see after tonights game in Mandan, should be a slug fest between the 2 marquis players, I will definitely be there.

Yea Kick held Knife to 4, then the next day he had 14 on Qvale and Shmitz takin' turns guarding him. . .but yea he had 22 on Belohlavek but that was at home, and im wondering if Knife can live up to the hype he gets, or if he gets hyped up. . .but as of now Belohlavek is leading by far in this category but we have another month of basketball to go still
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:27 am

Justin Belohlavek is leading because of the points he's putting up. . .plus he leads in steals. . .and he's very unselfish. . .if he has the shot he'll take it but if he see's someone open he hits them for an assist
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:41 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:Justin Belohlavek is leading because of the points he's putting up. . .plus he leads in steals. . .and he's very unselfish. . .if he has the shot he'll take it but if he see's someone open he hits them for an assist

agreed

vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby skoal_24 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:46 am

vikes_fan wrote:
Mr. Me Too wrote:Justin Belohlavek is leading because of the points he's putting up. . .plus he leads in steals. . .and he's very unselfish. . .if he has the shot he'll take it but if he see's someone open he hits them for an assist

agreed

i also agree with that statement he is a very good player
skoal_24

Postby skoal_24 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:02 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
NDdominator wrote:Its true hes in the shadow but is it possible if he was in a different school like Minot or Century where winning isn't a once in a decade thing or just more of a town w/ more media exposure??

Oh for sure, definitely, The thing about Belcourt is it's in the middle of nowhere, and that's what makes it hard for anyone to know anything about their players.  I just think it's a little late and a very slim chance for Knife to even be recognized for the Mr. Basketball award, when there's no way of putting him ahead of 2 of the 4 i listed, regardless if he is a better player...no one will know

Sad But true!!
skoal_24

Postby Spanky » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:54 pm

I'm from Williston and after the game tonight I have to switch my vote from Qvale to Belohlavek. He is just phenomenol. 43 and 51 :shock: thats unreal
Spanky
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:44 pm

I agree, without him mandan would go no where and would be 6 or 7 in the wda.  Im not a mandan fan but i cant wait to see him when he travels to minot.
ndfootball

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:01 pm

cityleaguer wrote:I wanted to add in this forum some thoughts I've had on the Qvale and Kick argument, I'm trying to convince myself to not be bias coming from Dickinson, but reading through many of the posts even ones that are quite older, it seems that a lot of people going into this season were not very impressed by Qvale over the past couple of years and most agreed that he was quite overrated, though he's made huge strides in his game I will agree. 

But why then has he rushed onto the scene to steal Kick's thunder from his first team all state selection last season, while Qvale was 2nd team?  Kick led the state in scoring last season (in A) and has done nothing but improve upon his game from last season along with making his team A LOT better than last season, in which he was a superior player to Qvale.  Just seems strange that over Qvale's career everyone posting on here (exception to those in Williston) has been quite unimpressed by his play, whereas the other candidates on the board have been putting up great numbers and been granted respect for the last 2 if not 3 seasons.  IMO Qvale needed to have stepped up more over the past 3 years rather than right now to have been considered a runaway for this award, and after seeing past comments on him, I'm really starting to stray away from him as the favorite!

Give it up already.  Its between Qvale and Belohavek.  And Belohavek is now the front runner after tonights performance against Williston. 
hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbb » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:51 pm

its not what people did last year, it is whats happening now!

Right Now- Behelovek is legit, Qvale is Qvale, and Bakkum is leading a team to an undefeated record and suprising people.  Those three should be up for it.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Belohlavek looks to be almost running away with it, 51 pts in a game is amazing.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby member » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:36 pm

As i was reviewing the players in this pol i realised a couple of things. 1) No body should have votes besides the top 3 players. 2) I honestly believe the top 3 are in a Class by themselves. 3) For all you Belcourt fans Hometown support is good really good but Shaun Knife really isnt that good.
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDdominator » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:21 pm

[user=1663]member[/user] wrote:
As i was reviewing the players in this pol i realised a couple of things. 1) No body should have votes besides the top 3 players. 2) I honestly believe the top 3 are in a Class by themselves. 3) For all you Belcourt fans Hometown support is good really good but Shaun Knife really isnt that good.

Man you must not like shaun knife your just a hater you also are hating in his thread no one is saying hes a god or anything just respecting his game theres other players on that poll that he is much better than and I don't see you talking how they are getting votes chances are he is better at basketball than you or will probably be and I do agree that the top 3 are on a different level especially belohavek it truly has turned into a 3 man race w/ belohavek in the lead after an outstanding last few games
NDdominator

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:32 am

gotta love how at the beginning most people were sayin kick has it made, then Qvale had a few games and he became the most "dominant" player in ND, then Behalovek drop 43 and 51 and gets every vote.  im not saying he doesnt deserve it, i jsut tihnk its funny how thats happened.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby UND#1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:35 am

baseball wrote:gotta love how at the beginning most people were sayin kick has it made, then Qvale had a few games and he became the most "dominant" player in ND, then Behalovek drop 43 and 51 and gets every vote.  im not saying he doesnt deserve it, i jsut tihnk its funny how thats happened.

Thats because Behalovek came out of no where this year.  I heard of kick and quale last year but i never expected a kid like this coming out of mandan.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby da_man 23 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:08 am

hoopsfan_2007 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:I wanted to add in this forum some thoughts I've had on the Qvale and Kick argument, I'm trying to convince myself to not be bias coming from Dickinson, but reading through many of the posts even ones that are quite older, it seems that a lot of people going into this season were not very impressed by Qvale over the past couple of years and most agreed that he was quite overrated, though he's made huge strides in his game I will agree. 

But why then has he rushed onto the scene to steal Kick's thunder from his first team all state selection last season, while Qvale was 2nd team?  Kick led the state in scoring last season (in A) and has done nothing but improve upon his game from last season along with making his team A LOT better than last season, in which he was a superior player to Qvale.  Just seems strange that over Qvale's career everyone posting on here (exception to those in Williston) has been quite unimpressed by his play, whereas the other candidates on the board have been putting up great numbers and been granted respect for the last 2 if not 3 seasons.  IMO Qvale needed to have stepped up more over the past 3 years rather than right now to have been considered a runaway for this award, and after seeing past comments on him, I'm really starting to stray away from him as the favorite!

Give it up already.  Its between Qvale and Belohavek.  And Belohavek is now the front runner after tonights performance against Williston. 

hoopsfan....y do u even post on here.....everything that u say just tries to start an arguement....but its not between just qvale and beholvak.....kick is also in it and will always be in it.....behalovak is the front runner no doubt but u guys gotta remeber theres another month and a half of ball left.....lots of time to watch all these guys play and lots of things can happen and ur always talking bout Qvale defense....he really shut down belohavek didn't he......thats twice he absolutly dominated Williston by himself. meanwhile he hasn't scored anything close to that on anybody else this year. i suppose it was all luck huh?
da_man 23

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:20 am

da_man,who said anything about it being all luck????  where did that come from?    the kid is a stud, there is no doubt about it.  and qvale is 6'11, so i'm guessing he didn't guard the 6'3 shooting guard much of the night, although i heard he did a little bit.  i think kick will be in contention, he is a great player too.  but i think its between qvale and belohlavek, with belohlavek in the lead right now with a lot of season to go.

hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby 3sport » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:24 am

Qvale played on Belohlavek most of the game
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:25 am

3sport wrote:Qvale played on Belohlavek most of the game

no he didnt
hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby 3sport » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:31 am

most of the second half *
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:48 am

Actually Qvale was gaurding Belohavek 3/4 of the game......  It was amazing how Belohavek would cross him and do a fade away and I don't know how he would get that ball over his big hand and drain the shots.... Awsome game most intense and prolly the loudest game ive ever been at...
O_Snap

Postby da_man 23 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:48 am

hoopsfan_2007 wrote:da_man,who said anything about it being all luck????  where did that come from?    the kid is a stud, there is no doubt about it.  and qvale is 6'11, so i'm guessing he didn't guard the 6'3 shooting guard much of the night, although i heard he did a little bit.  i think kick will be in contention, he is a great player too.  but i think its between qvale and belohlavek, with belohlavek in the lead right now with a lot of season to go.

All u williston fans said that them beating williston the first time was luck.....thats y i asked if it was this time also. he guarded behlovak the first game too n the same result. just goes to show qvale can guard post players, thats it and wat 6 11 player can't....i thought he was the best defensive player in the state, don't get me wrong hes good but hes not GOD like everybody thinks....... justin scored an amazing amount of points on him not only once but TWICE!!!!    not to mention he hasn't done that to any other team this year!
Last edited by da_man 23 on Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
da_man 23

Postby member » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:34 am

NDdominator wrote:[user=1663]member[/user] wrote:

Man you must not like shaun knife your just a hater you also are hating in his thread no one is saying hes a god or anything just respecting his game theres other players on that poll that he is much better than and I don't see you talking how they are getting votes chances are he is better at basketball than you or will probably be and I do agree that the top 3 are on a different level especially belohavek it truly has turned into a 3 man race w/ belohavek in the lead after an outstanding last few games

Read what you posted you agreed with everything I said. HAHA yah they will be better than I will eer be they wer ebetter than me at the worst point in there basketball careers. I understand that completely but what does me have to do  with Shaun Knife not comparing to the other Top 3 and yes you belcourt fans do think hes a god.
Last edited by member on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:25 am

da_man 23 wrote:
hoopsfan_2007 wrote:da_man,who said anything about it being all luck????  where did that come from?    the kid is a stud, there is no doubt about it.  and qvale is 6'11, so i'm guessing he didn't guard the 6'3 shooting guard much of the night, although i heard he did a little bit.  i think kick will be in contention, he is a great player too.  but i think its between qvale and belohlavek, with belohlavek in the lead right now with a lot of season to go.

All u williston fans said that them beating williston the first time was luck.....thats y i asked if it was this time also. he guarded behlovak the first game too n the same result. just goes to show qvale can guard post players, thats it and wat 6 11 player can't....i thought he was the best defensive player in the state, don't get me wrong hes good but hes not GOD like everybody thinks....... justin scored an amazing amount of points on him not only once but TWICE!!!!    not to mention he hasn't done that to any other team this year!

da_man

i wasnt at this game, but the first game qvale did NOT guard him!!!  i never said it was luck at all, mandan played great both games and both games could of gone either way.  however, i am hearing that qvale did guard him quite a bit the 2nd game, and if this is true, i don't know what willys coach is thinking?? its an obvious mismatch.  i think they should of doubled and tripled teamed him and made somebody else beat them. 
hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:29 am

since the is for mr basketball here is what i think qvale and belohlavek are both great candidates whichever one wins there will be a lot of arguin over it becuz they both deserve it and are both great players and i mean GREAT

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:13 pm

da_man 23 wrote:

Behlovak had two amazing nights against Williston.  But don't start discrediting qvale's individual defense.  Williston could have put anyone him and he still would have put up those numbers or even better.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys