Belcourt @ Dickinson/Williston

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Spektak_24 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:12 pm

I think it will be a very tough road trip.....hands down 2 of the top teams in the state but it is the WDA and the braves have the arsenal to go 2-0.  2 do this tho the Braves will have to play great team basketball and tough defense on Kick and Qvale.  Should be fun to watch.  Hopefully after this weekend the Braves will receive some respect from everybody saying there pathetic and dont deserve to be on the same court as these teams....Let the teams decide
Spektak_24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:17 pm

Spektak_24 wrote:I think it will be a very tough road trip.....hands down 2 of the top teams in the state but it is the WDA and the braves have the arsenal to go 2-0.  2 do this tho the Braves will have to play great team basketball and tough defense on Kick and Qvale.  Should be fun to watch.  Hopefully after this weekend the Braves will receive some respect from everybody saying there pathetic and dont deserve to be on the same court as these teams....Let the teams decide

if they win both games i will admit that belcourt is the best team in the state and i will predict a state championship but i do not plan on ever sayin ne of this

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:19 pm

Nobody has said they are pathetic you are putting words out there that have not been said... moving on... Dickinson last game had 4 players in double figures and I myself am finding out its not only Kick to worry about with Dickinson and as far as Williston goes Qvale is just an animal down there
O_Snap

Postby Spektak_24 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:40 pm

I am not putting words out there that have not been said because they have been said.....I was viewing the Mandan/Belcourt thread and i saw somebody say belcourt was pathetic
Spektak_24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Spektak_24 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:42 pm

Belcourt has 3/5 players averaging double figures and the other 2 are very close and they did take Dickinson down to the wire in a very well officiated game....I think the games will be very close....but belcourt could pull 2 upsets this weekend.....it is very possible
Spektak_24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:48 pm

Yes it's possible anything is.. and refering to the "pathetic" post I was refering to the officiating not the team themselves and I appologize if alot of ppl thought I was bashing the Belcourt team. I was not and can we please just drop the whole deal between Mandan Belcourt crap it was a heated moment deal who cares...
O_Snap

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:01 am

Belcourt will lose both games on the road this weekend. Dickinson and Williston are tough teams and i believe its going to be tough for them to pick up wins on the road.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:17 am

No its immpossible.
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:41 am

Belcourt will get dominated by Williston.  Belcourt is too small and has huge matchup problems with them.  And they will also lose to Dickinson.  They matchup better with them but it's at Dickinson and Belcourt has a hard time playing well on the road.  If Belcourt does get a win here it will most likely be against Dickinson.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndman » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 am

It will end up in Belcourt losing 2 more games. The simple fact is that Belcourt doesn't play very well on the road and have a hard time winning road games.
ndman

Postby OkGo12 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:36 am

I Believe the Braves can match-up fairly with Dickinson, but Dickinson having Kick and Fridley quite a duo. . .i don't see boswell guarding Fridley because of size but then again maybe im wrong and then Boswell is to quick for Fridley(my opinion). . .it's very doable for them to win on the road but they hafta stop playing for individual statistics and stop setting up there shooters right away in the game. . .I've seen the very first play the always mostly do is a tre for houle and sometimes he doesn't always make it so then it'll lead to more set plays. . .they need to stick to a runnin' offense throughout the whole game and get it to there play-makers and scorers being Boswell, Knife, and sometimes Houle. . .
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:51 am

I agree the Braves need to stick to their running style.  Man-for-man they are the quicker team against Dickinson and Williston.  But to act against that speed is their size.  If Knife could stay out of foul trouble he could possibly hold is own against Kick.  They will most likely play a zone against Williston with the match up problems but maybe the Braves could run it against them and force Williston to play their fast paced style of basketball.  Very interesting and tough road stretch for the braves.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys