Justin Belohavek

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby arsnl7 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:14 pm

Well, the way things are going in Memphis, Justin would be a nice addition to the Grizzlies lineup once he becomes eligible
arsnl7

Postby cityleaguer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:48 pm

cdub1 wrote:direct quote from jb "i have no idea where i am going to go"

that's not what I heard...and from the same source, of course after these last few big games, he may have backed off from Mary.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threeball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:30 pm

Last edited by threeball on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threeball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:30 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
cdub1 wrote:direct quote from jb "i have no idea where i am going to go"

that's not what I heard...and from the same source, of course after these last few big games, he may have backed off from Mary.

that may not be what you heard but that is what jb said
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:21 pm

belohlavek with another big game seemed like he made everything think he had 32 nice play from benz maurer hoff arneson reidenger and morrell really stepped it up late in the game really a great team effort

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball4 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:43 pm

Listened to the game on the radio tonight...they said that they recognized some coaches and scouts from NDSU there...hopefully they were impressed, and if they do offer him, I hope Justin realizes hes got the potential to go there and shouldn't be content with going to U-Mary...saw them 2 play each other this year, the competition level is a GIANT step up at NDSU and there players are so much more athletic, you dont notice it until you put them up against each other....it would be awesome to see NDSU get another North Dakotan on the roster along with Moorman
baseball4

Postby 3sport » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:18 pm

tonight against belcourt justin was held to under 20 benz had 20 hoff 16 maur 12 and a bunch of boards all around team effort .
easily belohlaveks worst game.

Knife had a pretty huge game though
mandan by 20 or so
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports24 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:56 pm

belohlaveks game shows that mandan can still win even when he plays off granted it was still belcourt and should be a W no matter what
sports24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cityleaguer » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:08 pm

baseball4 wrote:Listened to the game on the radio tonight...they said that they recognized some coaches and scouts from NDSU there...hopefully they were impressed, and if they do offer him, I hope Justin realizes hes got the potential to go there and shouldn't be content with going to U-Mary...saw them 2 play each other this year, the competition level is a GIANT step up at NDSU and there players are so much more athletic, you dont notice it until you put them up against each other....it would be awesome to see NDSU get another North Dakotan on the roster along with Moorman

It's just too bad NDSU has no more scholarship offers available for next season as they gave the one they had saved for Qvale to a kid from the cities. 
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sports-38 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:13 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
baseball4 wrote:Listened to the game on the radio tonight...they said that they recognized some coaches and scouts from NDSU there...hopefully they were impressed, and if they do offer him, I hope Justin realizes hes got the potential to go there and shouldn't be content with going to U-Mary...saw them 2 play each other this year, the competition level is a GIANT step up at NDSU and there players are so much more athletic, you dont notice it until you put them up against each other....it would be awesome to see NDSU get another North Dakotan on the roster along with Moorman

It's just too bad NDSU has no more scholarship offers available for next season as they gave the one they had saved for Qvale to a kid from the cities. 

When was that given out?
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:43 am

3sport wrote:tonight against belcourt justin was held to under 20 benz had 20 hoff 16 maur 12 and a bunch of boards all around team effort .
easily belohlaveks worst game.

Knife had a pretty huge game though
mandan by 20 or so
he was 4-14 from the field
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Notorious » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:34 am

cityleaguer wrote:

You're right...no money at NDSU for next year...unless someone leaves, or is asked to leave, which is possible.  Belohavek is incredible, but I don't think NDSU would offer....they would likely ask to walk on with the chance to earn scholarship.  He should go to UND to play football.  I think he could develop into an amazing WR.

Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:35 am

If he goes to Umary he would have the chance to turn a program around.  Mary beat UND in BB this year.  So I don't know that going there is a better opportunity. 

First and foremost choose a school with the educational programs that you are looking for and then worry about BB.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:19 am

Everyone else who took more than three shots was over 50% from the field(Mauer was 6-6)
Last edited by Wild Wolves on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:20 pm

Justin seemed a little frustrated, he was forcing shots. . .but his teammates stepped when they seen he was struggling. . .Benz and Hoff played pretty good games. . .but Justin had 11 points, but ohwell they still won
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:24 pm

Ya finally a game to show some critics that mandan can win basketball games when Justin has an off night..
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby werty » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:36 pm

MR ME TOO can you tell me why Boswell did not play much at all second half?
werty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby arsnl7 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:42 am

Even though Justin didn't have a very good shooting night, he didn't have a bad overall game.  Despite his 11 points, he grabbed six boards and dished out nine assists.  Still a good game.
arsnl7

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:47 am

How many career points does justin have?
ND_SportsNut

Postby O_Snap » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:54 am

I'm not sure I'd like to know though haha he's got 409 points on this season so far..
O_Snap

Postby da_man 23 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:24 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:How many career points does justin have?

I would like to know that also because he has been playing since a sophomore hasn't he? He has to be close to 1000 since he has 400 already this year!
da_man 23

Postby sports-38 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:12 pm

He averaged 8.7 his sophmore year, getting in about 10-12 games. So lets say he scored 88 that year. He averaged 18 a game his junior year playing 21 games, so he had 378 last year. This year he already has 409 and if he continues with his average he will finish the regular season with 519 pts. This gives him a total of about 985, this is without the WDA tournament and possibly a state tournament and assuming he keeps up his average. So i would say that he will hit 1000 points for his career. Justin will also break the School  records for points in a season(record is 424 by Leier), points in a game(51) previous record of 32, most likely three point percentage(47%)record is 42%.
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:17 pm

sports-38 wrote:He averaged 8.7 his sophmore year, getting in about 10-12 games. So lets say he scored 88 that year. He averaged 18 a game his junior year playing 21 games, so he had 378 last year. This year he already has 409 and if he continues with his average he will finish the regular season with 519 pts. This gives him a total of about 985, this is without the WDA tournament and possibly a state tournament and assuming he keeps up his average. So i would say that he will hit 1000 points for his career. Justin will also break the School  records for points in a season(record is 424 by Leier), points in a game(51) previous record of 32, most likely three point percentage(47%)record is 42%.
Correct me if i am wrong but was it Leier who also held the points in a game??
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:12 am

it was a three way tie between leier wagner and somebody else

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Diamond D » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:56 am

Does anybody know if Belohavek has any interest in playing at Lake Region?

I do know that Travis Mertens and him know each other fairly well.  If you would like to see him at NDSU, Lake Region might be a good place for him for either one or two years while NDSU gets some scholarship money in place for him.

IMHO I would hate to see a great player like Justin spend 4 years with U of Mary.  Even one year with LRSC would give him a chance at a higher level the following year.

Diamond D

PreviousNext

Return to Boys