Mr. Basketball

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Justin B. played a very good game.  Scored, rebounded, dished, and defended.  In the last 8 days has had his team beat the #1 team in the state twice. 

In tonight's game he didn't play the last 9 minutes of the first half due to fouls.  Putting together a run like mandan had the second half doesn't happen without a dominating/game changing player like Justin B. 

Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsnut » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:46 pm

Sportsguy you continue to talk about how Williston and Qvale dominated DHS and Kick. Were you at that game? I was- Maybe you forget but the game was close until Kick got his 3rd foul in the first half. Also maybe you don't remember the fact that it was a 5 point game with under 6 min to go. Williston closed out the game strong but it was closer that the score indicated. Qvale is a great player but he in no way dominated DHS and Kick ( who by the way had 19 pts in limited floor time). He had alot of help with great guard play.
Sportsnut
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Spanky » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:59 pm

Sportsnut wrote:Sportsguy you continue to talk about how Williston and Qvale dominated DHS and Kick. Were you at that game? I was- Maybe you forget but the game was close until Kick got his 3rd foul in the first half. Also maybe you don't remember the fact that it was a 5 point game with under 6 min to go. Williston closed out the game strong but it was closer that the score indicated. Qvale is a great player but he in no way dominated DHS and Kick ( who by the way had 19 pts in limited floor time). He had alot of help with great guard play.

It doesn't matter if it was a 5 pt. game with 6 min. to go. Williston turned it up during crunch time and blew Dickinson away. Williston finished strong and Dickinson didn't. It was a blowout.

And Kick scored most of his points against Willistons scrubs like I'm sure was mentioned earlier.
Spanky
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wildcat » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:34 pm

I was at the Dickinson Williston game and I can tell you that in the second half, it wasn't close. In fact, Kick didn't do anything special until late in the game when he collected garbage points on layups and free throws.

Does it matter right now? Belohlavek is the front runner as far as I'm concerned. He's showed up in the all the games, despite losing to Bismarck and Belcourt.

Qvale got worse? Not this year! He's improved just like Kick has, so that is a weak argument. Even if Qvale got worse, what does that matter now? Sure Kick never got worse, but he wasn't as good as fast as Qvale was. Qvale was all-state as a sophomore.
Last edited by Wildcat on Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:02 pm

quale, kick, belhovek its a toss up no one will know till state time relaxe alittle, 7 pages of arguing about those three already, and we are over a month away to find out.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby da_man 23 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:43 am

Wildcat- ur really gonna say that its not any easier for a 6 11 kid to play, when he is the tallest kid in the state????.....Qvale has been the biggest overrated player for his whole career except for this year and his other years were absolutely GARBAGE .....second team all state...so what no teams have guys that are tall enuff to play him one on one ...therefore the double teams are needed. Derek Selvig absolutely shut him down n i don't care if it was the first game of the season, the kid ain't even close offensivly to KICK or BEHLAVOK so dont' even say that. as for defense.....what 6 11 kid isn't gonna make u think twice bout going into the lane when hes there? don't get me wrong he has improved since last year.....but its bout time he lived up to his hype, he still isn't better than kick or behlavok. If he gets this award.....then once again the voting will have been a HUGE dissappointment becuase he doens't deserve it. At this point Behlavok does. Just becuase sum kid has started varsity for three years, n over those three years been very very overrated 2 of them....u think he should get it??           i

da_man 23

Postby baseball » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:21 am

da_man 23 wrote:Wildcat- ur really gonna say that its not any easier for a 6 11 kid to play, when he is the tallest kid in the state????.....Qvale has been the biggest overrated player for his whole career except for this year and his other years were absolutely GARBAGE .....second team all state...so what no teams have guys that are tall enuff to play him one on one ...therefore the double teams are needed. Derek Selvig absolutely shut him down n i don't care if it was the first game of the season, the kid ain't even close offensivly to KICK or BEHLAVOK so dont' even say that. as for defense.....what 6 11 kid isn't gonna make u think twice bout going into the lane when hes there? don't get me wrong he has improved since last year.....but its bout time he lived up to his hype, he still isn't better than kick or behlavok. If he gets this award.....then once again the voting will have been a HUGE dissappointment becuase he doens't deserve it. At this point Behlavok does. Just becuase sum kid has started varsity for three years, n over those three years been very very overrated 2 of them....u think he should get it??           i

exactly what ive been trying to say....thank you!!
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby coyotefan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:53 am

just wondering what makes you think selvig shut down qvale, seems to me selvig only had 4 more points than brian and one more rebound.  And if the stats are correct brian had two more blocked shots and one more steal. Brian did not have the best shooting game (6-18) but his defense can always make up for his offense selvig shot (7-21); pretty sure that they altered each others game a bit but in no way was brian shut down. 
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wildcat » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:28 am

Look, I realize that you guys are all wide-eyed and amazed because Tate Kick shoots 3-pointers and he's flashy, but that doesn't make him a better player. Qvale may bave been overrated, but he's still better. You guys are talking like Kick is 5-9. He's STILL 6-5 and spents more of his time on the perimeter than he does inside. There aren't many 6-5 guards, so in your words, he's taller so its easier. He's also not the passer Qvale is either.

His other years were garbage? haha okay. I'm glad you made that statement. That tells me not to take your post seriously. all-state the last two years and they were both garbage haha. I bet a lot of guys would like to have those garbage years.

Yea, he is 6-11, but Kick is 6-5. It's not like he's the smallest player in the state. You need to watch him more if you think he just turns and shoots.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coyotefan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:35 am

great post wildcat
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:36 am

Wildcat have you ever watched a game with Tate Kick playing??? He hardly shoots 3 pointers and works inside more then around the perimiter....
O_Snap

Postby bcourtbraves » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:20 am

Tate Kick and Brian Qvale are both great players.  Both can basically score whenever they want to.  Kick doesn't shoot very many outside shots, maybe three 3 point attempts a night. Qvale is so tall it makes him hard to gaurd no matter what kind of defense you put on him.  Kick is quicker and can move a little better on defense but Qvale is the best shot blocker in the state.  But, if Mr. Basketball is a senior season award i believe it goes to Belohavek, averaging 28 a game.  His team has beat both Qvale's and Kick's teams.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:23 am

da_man 23 wrote:Wildcat- ur really gonna say that its not any easier for a 6 11 kid to play, when he is the tallest kid in the state????.....Qvale has been the biggest overrated player for his whole career except for this year and his other years were absolutely GARBAGE .....second team all state...so what no teams have guys that are tall enuff to play him one on one ...therefore the double teams are needed. Derek Selvig absolutely shut him down n i don't care if it was the first game of the season, the kid ain't even close offensivly to KICK or BEHLAVOK so dont' even say that. as for defense.....what 6 11 kid isn't gonna make u think twice bout going into the lane when hes there? don't get me wrong he has improved since last year.....but its bout time he lived up to his hype, he still isn't better than kick or behlavok. If he gets this award.....then once again the voting will have been a HUGE dissappointment becuase he doens't deserve it. At this point Behlavok does. Just becuase sum kid has started varsity for three years, n over those three years been very very overrated 2 of them....u think he should get it??           i

another stupid post by da_man...imagine that.
hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:37 am

Thats the advantage to being 6-11.  Being double teamed and seeing a variety of zonea.  He his putting up Mr. Basketball numbers so why are people saying he doesnt deserve to be put in this conversation.  People think he underachieves for his height.  20 points 10 rebounds and a hand full of blocks each game.  How is that not worthy of Mr. Basketball??
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wildcat » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm

O-Snap,

I've watched him play four different times this season. That is why I can say that. I've seen him more than I've seen Qvale. I've seen him dominate and I've seen him get used defensively, and I've concluded that Qvale is a better player.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:43 pm

Wildcat wrote:O-Snap,

I've watched him play four different times this season. That is why I can say that. I've seen him more than I've seen Qvale. I've seen him dominate and I've seen him get used defensively, and I've concluded that Qvale is a better player.
Wildcat,

Wildcat,

The only reason you think he's a better player is because he has garbage players around him.  Of course when your role players are bad you're gonna stand out a little bit more than if you have Marcus Fridley, Andy Jahner, or even Taylor Bruhschwein on your team.  Maybe the Williston guards have had their games tossing lucky buckets up at the rim....I can tell you one thing, I follow Western North Dakota Sports pretty heavily and Besides Qvale's brother, I can't name a single Coyote player! If Tate got the ball every possession, the voting this year wouldn't be close, but just wait until after State comes around....(when your team, not individuals really matter)...Thanks for arguing...please close your mouth
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:48 pm

cityleaguer wrote:

Wildcat,

Wildcat,

The only reason you think he's a better player is because he has garbage players around him.  Of course when your role players are bad you're gonna stand out a little bit more than if you have Marcus Fridley, Andy Jahner, or even Taylor Bruhschwein on your team.  Maybe the Williston guards have had their games tossing lucky buckets up at the rim....I can tell you one thing, I follow Western North Dakota Sports pretty heavily and Besides Qvale's brother, I can't name a single Coyote player! If Tate got the ball every possession, the voting this year wouldn't be close, but just wait until after State comes around....(when your team, not individuals really matter)...Thanks for arguing...please close your mouth

you must not follow it heavily at all if you cant name more than 2 players on thier team and they are not garbage they mite not be standouts like fridley but no player on that team deserves to be called garbage

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:54 pm

cdub1 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:

Wildcat,

Wildcat,

you must not follow it heavily at all if you cant name more than 2 players on thier team and they are not garbage they mite not be standouts like fridley but no player on that team deserves to be called garbage

you're right MANDAN, b/c if they were called garbage that would mean that your team beat a "garbage" Williston team...and that would really hurt your feeling huh? I'll tone it down then for ya OK, Williston guards are MEDIOCRE, hope that words not too big, you can find it in the dictionary.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:55 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:

Wildcat,

Wildcat,

you're right MANDAN, b/c if they were called garbage that would mean that your team beat a "garbage" Williston team...and that would really hurt your feeling huh? I'll tone it down then for ya OK, Williston guards are MEDIOCRE, hope that words not too big, you can find it in the dictionary.

ok if they are garbage wut is dickinson cuz we beat them too and again i am probably much smarter than you so do not talk down to me

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:02 pm

cdub1 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:

Wildcat,

Wildcat,

ok if they are garbage wut is dickinson cuz we beat them too and again i am probably much smarter than you so do not talk down to me

Like I said, Williston's guards can have a few lucky shooting nights, but dont' expect it all season, The game Qvale does bad look out, b/c there's no second option in sight.

Also, I will give credit where it's due to Justin Belolhavek b/c I was at the game and if it weren't for him going off to start the half the game would've been over.  Poor coaching to not foul him out or even set up a play during that run by Dickinson, but again like Qvale...if Justin has one bad game, the Braves will put their tail between their legs and run, like in the FIRST HALF!

Lastly, try being a college professor like me, then we'll see who comes out looking smarter...until then...hurry up and get ur G.E.D.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:05 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:

Wildcat,

Wildcat,

Like I said, Williston's guards can have a few lucky shooting nights, but dont' expect it all season, The game Qvale does bad look out, b/c there's no second option in sight.

Also, I will give credit where it's due to Justin Belolhavek b/c I was at the game and if it weren't for him going off to start the half the game would've been over.  Poor coaching to not foul him out or even set up a play during that run by Dickinson, but again like Qvale...if Justin has one bad game, the Braves will put their tail between their legs and run, like in the FIRST HALF!

Lastly, try being a college professor like me, then we'll see who comes out looking smarter...until then...hurry up and get ur G.E.D.

i dont think i need a ged when i have a 3.8 and honestly if you are a college professor you are pathetic talking down to high school kids grow up and act like a man

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:08 pm

alright guys enough is enough with the trash talking, i will shut this topic down if need be and possibly some people having their posting privileges taken away for awhile so try to stay on topic please. Thanks
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:10 pm

Do you play ball Cdub?  are you that worried about what I write to say that I'm talking down to kids...haha, I've never mentioned anything about the character of these kids so don't mix it up, I have an opinion like everyone else, and have you ever heard of the line " RESPECT YOUR ELDERS"  it's not like I"m an old teacher anyway.  Just like to debate and it really fires me up to see someone with so many useless comments trying to run every board that is on this site.  Maybe you should try talking from an unbiased view for once, it might change your outlook on basketball in general.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:12 pm

cityleaguer wrote:Do you play ball Cdub?  are you that worried about what I write to say that I'm talking down to kids...haha, I've never mentioned anything about the character of these kids so don't mix it up, I have an opinion like everyone else, and have you ever heard of the line " RESPECT YOUR ELDERS"  it's not like I"m an old teacher anyway.  Just like to debate and it really fires me up to see someone with so many useless comments trying to run every board that is on this site.  Maybe you should try talking from an unbiased view for once, it might change your outlook on basketball in general.
i do play ball and if you want to keep arguin wit me lets go pm from now on

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:13 pm

cityleaguer wrote:Do you play ball Cdub?  are you that worried about what I write to say that I'm talking down to kids...haha, I've never mentioned anything about the character of these kids so don't mix it up, I have an opinion like everyone else, and have you ever heard of the line " RESPECT YOUR ELDERS"  it's not like I"m an old teacher anyway.  Just like to debate and it really fires me up to see someone with so many useless comments trying to run every board that is on this site.  Maybe you should try talking from an unbiased view for once, it might change your outlook on basketball in general.
and i do not see how i am biased you jumped on me for sayin that willistons players are NOT garbage not really a biased statement

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys