Mandan @ Williston

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mandan @ Williston

Mandan
41%
Williston
59%

Total votes : 29

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:24 pm

Of Course we are going to talk about our hometown teams.  We want to know what everyone thinks of the basketball that is played in our town.  Most of us our from the Western part of the state.  But as far as the  top 6 teams in state, don't forget Devils Lake!!!  But now to this subject. I believe that Williston will win but not a blow out.  I just don't see Mandan stopping the post presence that Williston brings to the table.  I watched Williston play at St. Mary's this past weekend.  Granted it is St. Mary's I saw Brian Q. step outside of the post area and knock down jumpers.  Also Williston's wing play wasn't to shabby.  Their bench players could knock down the open jumpers also.  I just don't see Mandan winning this one. Sorry Mandan Braves fans.  Oh and the game in Mandan vs. Belcour is going to be a must see this coming up Saturday.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbb » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:40 pm

NDdominator wrote:I never said it was easy but often in class A you see a team in the state A w/ about 7 or 8 losses which is about an average a few times a team w/ a sub .500 gets in but that mostly comes out of the east.

competition is better. 
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:29 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:Of Course we are going to talk about our hometown teams.  We want to know what everyone thinks of the basketball that is played in our town.  Most of us our from the Western part of the state.  But as far as the  top 6 teams in state, don't forget Devils Lake!!!  But now to this subject. I believe that Williston will win but not a blow out.  I just don't see Mandan stopping the post presence that Williston brings to the table.  I watched Williston play at St. Mary's this past weekend.  Granted it is St. Mary's I saw Brian Q. step outside of the post area and knock down jumpers.  Also Williston's wing play wasn't to shabby.  Their bench players could knock down the open jumpers also.  I just don't see Mandan winning this one. Sorry Mandan Braves fans.  Oh and the game in Mandan vs. Belcour is going to be a must see this coming up Saturday.

where is the game and when is the game

Last edited by member on Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:11 pm

O_Snap wrote:Well if it bother you that much why don't you start a topic about a West team or somthin don't complain if you don't do anything on here but reply....

i think u mean EAST team
klg_11

Postby O_Snap » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:54 pm

The Mandan vs Belcourt game is this Saturday in Belcourt
O_Snap

Postby NDdominator » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:23 pm

you in essence proved my point teams such as dickinson,BHS,Williston, and century dont really have to ask questions about what type of basketball is being played because those teams may have a down year here or there but are right back in the mix the next year I'm not saying its wrong to talk about your team on here this is whats its for because be honest belcourt or mandan aren't real contenders year in and year out but while this year both teams have a legitimate shot to go to state and make some noise but IMO if either make it to state they both will go 2 and out
NDdominator

Postby O_Snap » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:21 pm

And you would know right....
O_Snap

Postby NDdominator » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:16 am

No, I wouldn't but the last time mandan made it to state they went 2 and out and I really don't remember the last time belcourt made it but next year mandan will be back to normal mandan status winning just about 4 games
NDdominator

Postby HeisAlive » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:53 am

NDdominator wrote:I never said it was easy but often in class A you see a team in the state A w/ about 7 or 8 losses which is about an average a few times a team w/ a sub .500 gets in but that mostly comes out of the east.

I say Williston in a very closë on...

NDdom...  I've seen alot of Class A and B, all I'll say to ya is this. let an average" B team take on an äverage"A team and see what happens.  I know there is averages in both classes but if you what to bring in class B into a class A topic... well, there is a site for class B...  see ya!!!
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MHSfan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:17 am

NDdominator wrote:No, I wouldn't but the last time mandan made it to state they went 2 and out and I really don't remember the last time belcourt made it but next year mandan will be back to normal mandan status winning just about 4 games

Ok, you're comparing this years team to a team in the past.  No two teams year after year are the same and I'll tell you something, I was sceptical at first about Mandans chances but after they played Minot in Mandan it was an eye opener for me.  They are better than what you can think of and I guarentee you that your beloved class "B" team that you are rooting for would get beat by over 1/2 of the class A teams in the state.  Parshall's varsity got a run for their money against Minot's Sophmores and the score was tied at some points.  Alot of class B fans hate class A touraments because they say that is easy to get in.  Well the truth is: it is!  Look at how many B teams there are compared to A teams and that will tell you right there.  Its not the teams fault that there are fewer teams and Minot's record of like 16 straight is quite a feat in itself.  If this new 3 class system goes through, then it will maybe solve some of these issues.:D
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:20 am

I wish the class B fans would either stop saying class B teams could compete with class A teams or stop whining about class B teams from a class A town, namely Trinity.

I grew up in a class B town but the level of play is much better at class A.  Yes there would be instances on any given night type of thing but night in and night out the class A teams would win.  There may be teams that come along and could contend at the class A level but those are few and far between. Just look how Beulah, Trinity and Ryan did as class A schools compared to how they do as class B schools.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #50mandan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:21 am

NDdominator wrote:No, I wouldn't but the last time mandan made it to state they went 2 and out and I really don't remember the last time belcourt made it but next year mandan will be back to normal mandan status winning just about 4 games

when was the last time they won about 4 games?  Please tell me dominator
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby #50mandan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:23 am

and let's get back to the topic, friday nights game in williston, i think it will be a very good game, it's high school basketball, anyone can beat anyone.  I got Belohlavek hittin the game winning shot at the buzzer.
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:35 am

Dominator you should try out for the show beat the Schawb cause you seem to know everything about sports.  Hey that being said whos gonna win the Superbowl cause i'm sure your gonna be 100% correct on that this way i can go bet alot of money and win....  Dominator=biggest hater on here
O_Snap

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:05 am

Wow and how does this all start because someone starts a thread for Mandan games big deal.. A lot of people on this site need to get over themselves and there hometown teams as a matter of fact. I think alot of people are hating on mandan now because they are actually doing something this year and have a very good chance of finishing top 3 or 4 in the WDA and make state people need to realize this and if they dont have something to say about the topic or just want to add something hating on someone they should just stay out of the topic.:)
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:15 am

Maybe a new thread should be made, Haters, then they all can go into it and argue amongnst themselves and diss each other while the rest of us then can actually talk about the topic that we are hoping to talk about,

On topic, i choose Williston, game could go either way, but if williston is preparred to play they will win, mandan brings all they got and williston expects to win then mandan could maybe take er
Last edited by klg_11 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
klg_11

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:20 am

Ya it should be a good game.  I dont see a blow-out.  Williston wins they win by 6 or 7.  If Mandan upsets them it will be by 1 or 2
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:30 am

Yeah I don't know the long bus rides seem to take toll on some teams.  Always seems like when teams travel a long distance like for this game they are very cold at the starts of games and that sometimes is all it takes to lose.
O_Snap

Postby klg_11 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:38 am

O_Snap wrote:Yeah I don't know the long bus rides seem to take toll on some teams.  Always seems like when teams travel a long distance like for this game they are very cold at the starts of games and that sometimes is all it takes to lose.

very true, start off bad and a good team like williston will jump all over that and get a huge early lead.

Williston is set off aways from everyone. Anyone who travels there is subject to a nice long bus ride but again any where williston travels to they have that same long bus ride.
klg_11

Postby MHSfan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:00 pm

Dominater where did you go?  We miss you!;)
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:54 pm

MHSfan wrote:Dominater where did you go?  We miss you!;)

Lol maybe the best post on this topic
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDdominator » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:22 pm

I was unaware mandan took it so seriously and I"m not really a class b watcher but they had chris l. a mr. b candidate and they went 2 and out in the state tournament he was IMO a better player than Justin B. but its just a prediction that if they make it to state they will go 2 and out and I'm a raiders fan on the super bowl question so that was my pick but that didn't really turn out to well but we'll see how mandan does the rest of the year and on the topic at hand I will go w/ williston whats mandan's record??
NDdominator

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:23 pm

NDdominator wrote:I was unaware mandan took it so seriously and I"m not really a class b watcher but they had chris l. a mr. b candidate and they went 2 and out in the state tournament he was IMO a better player than Justin B. but its just a prediction that if they make it to state they will go 2 and out and I'm a raiders fan on the super bowl question so that was my pick but that didn't really turn out to well but we'll see how mandan does the rest of the year and on the topic at hand I will go w/ williston whats mandan's record??

They are 4-3 overall but they are 3-1 in the WDA.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDdominator » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:27 pm

and if you saw my posts not one said anything about a class B being harder because we all know a class a starter could hop on a class b team and score about 10-15 a game but in the WDA there are always teams your have to look out for every year and mandan is usually not on that list every year but this year they are
NDdominator

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:29 pm

NDdominator wrote:and if you saw my posts not one said anything about a class B being harder because we all know a class a starter could hop on a class b team and score about 10-15 a game but in the WDA there are always teams your have to look out for every year and mandan is usually not on that list every year but this year they are

Ya i believe that they are going to finish in the top 3 or 4 in the WDA. Good athletic team
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys