Mandan @ Williston

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mandan @ Williston

Mandan
41%
Williston
59%

Total votes : 29

Postby Honus355 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:25 pm

Mandan won 82-79.

Belohlavek had 43 points. Brian Qvale 25 pts 7 rebs 9blks.
Honus355
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:40 pm

One of the best games I have watched ever.... Congrats to Mandan Basketball
O_Snap

Postby biggie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:50 pm

Mandan played well & made their baskets. Williston played well but couldn't get the ball to go in. End of story.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:54 pm

biggie wrote:Mandan played well & made their baskets. Williston played well but couldn't get the ball to go in. End of story.

What didnt go in the slam after the play???  A Technical foul should have been called for that.

Qvale shot good from the field and 9 blks that should be a game changer right there
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spanky » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:01 pm

It was a great game and it was great for williston to finally be in a battle, but neither team was really healthy. there were some guys sick on both sides of the court. I hope next time they play everyone is healthy.
Spanky
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbb » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:30 pm

43 points!!!!
Last edited by ndbb on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Orr4 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:02 pm

update on the game.....mandan won by 3 points....72-69!
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby O_Snap » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:05 pm

Orr4 wrote:update on the game.....mandan won by 3 points....72-69!

Umm..... not to be harsh but here's another update..... 82-79! i'm sure you knew that though just correctin ya
O_Snap

Postby klg_11 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:59 pm

Belohlavek must be number 23 cuz that guy didnt miss! mandan hit so many threes. that won it. i couldnt believe the threes sunk in that game. but the slam dunk by mandan was the funniest play i have ever seen wide open no one around #? goes up for a dunk and got stuffed BY THE RIM! im sorry but if u cant dunk it just do i wide open lay up, give ur team the two points! dont make a fool of yourself in another court. at home i can see tryin to showboat but away games just score! i belive mandan will beat belcourt no problems now coming off that upset they got the momentem needed.

if anyone was at the game i am wondering if they thought williston refs were as bad as i thought they were. TERRIBLE calls on both sides. Basically any contact would be called on either team. No home refs. Just terrible refs. The refs LOVED blowing the whistle on anything they could think of!
klg_11

Postby MHSfan » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:15 am

How did Belohlavek shoot percentage wise?  It seemed when Minot played Mandan that he didn't miss.  40+ points is a good feat and I have all the respect for him as a player.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbb » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:49 am

12-27
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:58 am

[user=408]klg_11[/user] wrote:
Belohlavek must be number 23 cuz that guy didnt miss! mandan hit so many threes. that won it. i couldnt believe the threes sunk in that game. but the slam dunk by mandan was the funniest play i have ever seen wide open no one around #? goes up for a dunk and got stuffed BY THE RIM! im sorry but if u cant dunk it just do i wide open lay up, give ur team the two points! dont make a fool of yourself in another court. at home i can see tryin to showboat but away games just score! i belive mandan will beat belcourt no problems now coming off that upset they got the momentem needed.

if anyone was at the game i am wondering if they thought williston refs were as bad as i thought they were. TERRIBLE calls on both sides. Basically any contact would be called on either team. No home refs. Just terrible refs. The refs LOVED blowing the whistle on anything they could think of!

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby O_Snap » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:04 am

klg_11 wrote:Belohlavek must be number 23 cuz that guy didnt miss! mandan hit so many threes. that won it. i couldnt believe the threes sunk in that game. but the slam dunk by mandan was the funniest play i have ever seen wide open no one around #? goes up for a dunk and got stuffed BY THE RIM! im sorry but if u cant dunk it just do i wide open lay up, give ur team the two points! dont make a fool of yourself in another court. at home i can see tryin to showboat but away games just score! i belive mandan will beat belcourt no problems now coming off that upset they got the momentem needed.

Just a Question??? Can you Dunk??? Anyways I don't know if you realized how far he cocked the ball back on that one handed dunk he tried to pull off....  yeah he missed but would of been a very nice dunk that kid can rise.... the ball acutally hit the back of the rim beacause he can't palm the ball one handed.  I agree though layup at that moment should of been the decision.
Last edited by O_Snap on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
O_Snap

Postby klg_11 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:16 am

NOPE i cant can you? say if qvale would have done the same dunk and had same results. you guys would be all over him and most likely start a thread about it. i realize its not as funny when ur own team does it but try looking it at another perspective. 

BUt i will give that kid he has got some mad hops. How tall is he? not even 6 foot is he?
klg_11

Postby AandBfan » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:39 am

Belohlavek just put himself in the conversation for mr.basketball
AandBfan

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:15 am

i heard mandan pressed williston and were successful at it.  that is the key to beating them i think.  they turn the ball over and look out of control when a team presses them.  i still think the williston guards are their weakness.  on the other hand, it was just one game and i'm sure williston isn't going to fold the tent just yet. 
hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby kel20Nd » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:22 pm

klg_11 wrote:NOPE i cant can you? say if qvale would have done the same dunk and had same results. you guys would be all over him and most likely start a thread about it. i realize its not as funny when ur own team does it but try looking it at another perspective. 

BUt i will give that kid he has got some mad hops. How tall is he? not even 6 foot is he?
5-10 but the 6-7 wing span helps
kel20Nd

Postby threeball » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:44 pm

klg_11 wrote:NOPE i cant can you? say if qvale would have done the same dunk and had same results. you guys would be all over him and most likely start a thread about it. i realize its not as funny when ur own team does it but try looking it at another perspective. 

actually i do recall qvale missing a dunk in this game but no one has said anything about it...
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:38 am

hoopsfan_2007 wrote:i heard mandan pressed williston and were successful at it.  that is the key to beating them i think.  they turn the ball over and look out of control when a team presses them.  i still think the williston guards are their weakness.  on the other hand, it was just one game and i'm sure williston isn't going to fold the tent just yet. 

EXACTLY...williston will not beat Dickonson the next time they play and i will garentee that mark my words. Quote me, bash me, disagree with me, do whatever you want but they will not beat Dickonson next game. 
NDPreps Starter

Postby Lamby » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:20 am

ok i'll bash you... Williston beats Dickinson again... beats them by no less than 15 points...
Lamby

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:20 am

Lamby wrote:ok i'll bash you... Williston beats Dickinson again... beats them by no less than 15 points...

All you have to do to get by wiliston is to pressure their guards. They are the weakness for that team and i think teams will realize that and pressure them throughout the game and i see Dickinson winning by 7.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:20 am

Lamby wrote:ok i'll bash you... Williston beats Dickinson again... beats them by no less than 15 points...

On what grounds is Williston going to beat Dickinson the next time they play. If you can give me some what valid reasoning for this commment I will agree.
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:02 am

They beat them before, DUH.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:46 am

Tiger Pride wrote:They beat them before, DUH.

Thats always doesnt matter.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:36 am

vikes_fan wrote:
Tiger Pride wrote:They beat them before, DUH.

Thats always doesnt matter.

its really not worth arguing about, we will find out soon enough!  williston has some flaws and i'm sure they are working to correct them.  keep in mind mandan played a perfect game against them to beat them.  they shot over 70% on 3 pointers, had a kid score 43 points, and the williston guards didn't shoot great.  when a team is shooting that well, chances are they are going to win.  both mandan and williston have good teams.   i think the west will be competitive till the end.
hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys