National Level

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:50 pm

see the thing i have had to realise about this site is what people consider good because if we put anyone in this state on a national level how many good players do we have????
ballplayer15

Postby highheat » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:14 pm

there are very few players that could compete at a national level of play. partly because of the population of north dakota and partly because there are few occasions when a north dakota team plays a good team from another state. if there were more people in north dakota and if there were more populated states surrounding north dakota, there were be more chances for north dakota teams to play teams that are a step above the norm.

just my two cents.
highheat

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:40 pm

National level talent in North Dakota is few and far between. I'm not saying we don't have it in the state.  With little attention given to sports in ND players tend to venture off into something else other than athletics.  I believe Kick and Qvale have national level potential but no team other than the Mandan girls can compete on a national level.
Last edited by bcourtbraves on Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:19 am

You have to remember that the whole state of North Dakota has roughly the same population as the city of Duluth, MN.  But in spite of our numbers we still have some great athletes and programs, and many of them would not even have a chance to compete if they went to schools in larger, metro areas.

What we lack in numbers we make up for by our strength of character.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:48 am

Doesn't Fargo have a larger population than Duluth itself?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby threeball » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:31 am

Ming01 wrote:Doesn't Fargo have a larger population than Duluth itself?

no, im pretty sure duluth has nearly 250,000 people.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:53 am

I meant the 2 cities by itself
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby threeball » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:09 am

Ming01 wrote:I meant the 2 cities by itself

yea, duluth's population is a little under 250,000 and fargo's population is just under 100,000
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:34 am

Ok, I was a little off on my Duluth example, but you get the point.  How about Omaha then? 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndman » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:59 pm

I think that Tate Kick has national level talent.  He is a very good basketball player.  I would say best in the state.
ndman

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:26 pm

NDSportsFan wrote: Ok, I was a little off on my Duluth example, but you get the point.  How about Omaha then? 

Lol yeah, Omaha is probably right.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:27 pm

threeball wrote:

yea, duluth's population is a little under 250,000 and fargo's population is just under 100,000

I am pretty sure that is Duluths metropolitian area population, I think by itself Duluth is prolly 90,000?   Plus 100,000 for Fargo is not including Moorhead I'm sure.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby threeball » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:53 pm

Ming01 wrote:
threeball wrote:

I am pretty sure that is Duluths metropolitian area population, I think by itself Duluth is prolly 90,000?   Plus 100,000 for Fargo is not including Moorhead I'm sure.

yea i think you are right that it is metropolitian area pop. i just searched it out on google and thats what i found. 
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsperson » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:04 pm

This is a nice little conversation about the population of Duluth we're having here.
Last edited by sportsperson on Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby MinotBison » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:22 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:You have to remember that the whole state of North Dakota has roughly the same population as the city of Duluth, MN.  But in spite of our numbers we still have some great athletes and programs, and many of them would not even have a chance to compete if they went to schools in larger, metro areas.

You might want to back up and try this one again.  Duluth has roughly 100,000 while the state of North Dakota has approximatley 640-650,000.
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby threeball » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:13 pm

alright lets just forget about the whole population thing it really has nothing to do with this topic.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:49 pm

threeball wrote:alright lets just forget about the whole population thing it really has nothing to do with this topic.

more people = more kids = more athletes.  it has a lil bit to do with it
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballplayer15 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:16 pm

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/NationalRankings.mxp/Boys_Varsity_Basketball_Winter_06-07

the number one team in the state of north dakota isnt even ranked in the top 1000 in the nation north dakota basketball doesnt compete on a national level at all not even one bit. the mr basketball for our state goes to where devils lake come on now a mr basketball only going to devils lake not even leaving the state let alone going D-1 and since i know alot of u guys on here are ball players how bout we step our game up before anyone talks trash to anyone on here
ballplayer15

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:29 pm

Well Maxpreps isnt a very reliable source.  But you are correct on ND basketball though.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby MHSfan » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:34 am

thenextbigthing wrote:http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/NationalRankings.mxp/Boys_Varsity_Basketball_Winter_06-07

the number one team in the state of north dakota isnt even ranked in the top 1000 in the nation north dakota basketball doesnt compete on a national level at all not even one bit. the mr basketball for our state goes to where devils lake come on now a mr basketball only going to devils lake not even leaving the state let alone going D-1 and since i know alot of u guys on here are ball players how bout we step our game up before anyone talks trash to anyone on here

Not rippin on ya but why don't you use periods in your posts?  Just wondering.:goofy:
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:47 am

MinotBison wrote:
NDSportsFan wrote:You have to remember that the whole state of North Dakota has roughly the same population as the city of Duluth, MN.  But in spite of our numbers we still have some great athletes and programs, and many of them would not even have a chance to compete if they went to schools in larger, metro areas.

You might want to back up and try this one again.  Duluth has roughly 100,000 while the state of North Dakota has approximatley 640-650,000.

http://www.city-data.com/us-cities/The-Midwest/Duluth-Population-Profile.html  

Forget about Duluth, you get my point.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:53 am

NDSportsFan wrote:
MinotBison wrote:

http://www.city-data.com/us-cities/The-Midwest/Duluth-Population-Profile.html  

Forget about Duluth, you get my point.

it is possible that ND has a few kids who could compete the national level but they dont get noticed being who they play against.  other states, kids are playing against other d-1 players every game where as in north dakota sometimes your playing against a few average players and then some players just so the other team as 5 players on the court.  there are the kids like Tate and Qvale who have the chance but if you look at the ECI over the years, they havent been getting dominated and being knocked out of every tourney in the first round.  Nd boys can play, there is just alot less in this state than in others.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballplayer15 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:22 pm

MHSfan wrote:
thenextbigthing wrote:http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/NationalRankings.mxp/Boys_Varsity_Basketball_Winter_06-07

Not rippin on ya but why don't you use periods in your posts?  Just wondering.:goofy:

nope i doubt it
ballplayer15

Postby region1 football » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:09 pm

Doesnt anyone remeber Jeff Boschee?  He played pritty well for the national level in my opinion. And if Tate Kick keeps workin at it.... things happen
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys