All-State Team

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby True Fan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:55 am

How can anyone possibly think that Elgie is a better choice for first team than Wilhelm.  From what I have seen this year, I don't even think that will be a close call. 

Elgie is a solid 2nd teamer and Wilhelm is a solid first teamer.  Their numbers are very close, but look at the 2nd half of the year, and look at the difference in the direction their teams are going.  Not to mention when they played head to head, where Wilhems number were much better.  Good players make their teams better,  and Wilhelm is taking a very inexperienced team in a different direction than Elgie and Minot.

True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:11 am

ndfootball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
sports-38 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
MHSfan wrote:
Baller wrote:
King James wrote:Conference and State tournament will show who deserves to be in it if Mertens is like is brother and cant get his team to state he doesnt deserve first team and if elgie does like last year for example he should be

The Mertens' are not brothers and why wouldn't the EDC leader not deserve it??  Elgie is a solid 2nd teamer.

Elgie will be first team.

who does elgie get first team over?
wilhelm

Notta chance...
in some peoples minds wilhelm is playing good enough to be mister basketball and ur leaveing him out of first team all state?

true in some peoples minds he would be mr basketball but in other peoples minds if elgie and mertens were seniors they would be mr basketball i think wilhelm is gonna be 1st team but im not the media who decides

You have to put  Elgie above willhelm.  Elgie is putting up more points, rebounds, steals, and assist per game than willhelm.  And those are arguably the 4 most important stats.

wilhelm is winning.. most important stat to me... wilhelms numbers dont say anything about what he is for that team... and also wilhelm as a better supporting cast to get points rebounds steals assists.and wilhelm has big games night in and night out...and i hate to say this but all state awards if they are close are GENERALLY given to the seniors

Last edited by squeak63 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndbb » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:19 am

there are about 12 players in the mix.

Wilhelm,Elgie,Kick,Qvale, Behelovek, Knife, Heck from the west.

Mertens, Bergerson, Farkas, May from the east.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threeball » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:39 pm

ndbb wrote:there are about 12 players in the mix.

heck and knife wont be 1st team
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:34 pm

threeball wrote:

First team will be. . .Qvale Kick Belohlavek Wilhelm the last spot is open to 2 players being Elgie and Mertens. . .but we'll see at the end of the season
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:40 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:
threeball wrote:

First team will be. . .Qvale Kick Belohlavek Wilhelm the last spot is open to 2 players being Elgie and Mertens. . .but we'll see at the end of the season
Mertens deserves the spot, just look at what he has done this year. The only reason Elgie is being considered is because his name is Elgie, and hes good at everything.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:27 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:
Mr. Me Too wrote:
threeball wrote:

Mertens deserves the spot, just look at what he has done this year. The only reason Elgie is being considered is because his name is Elgie, and hes good at everything.

or maybe he deserves it...
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:29 pm

Ming01 wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:
Mr. Me Too wrote:
threeball wrote:

or maybe he deserves it...

elgie deserves 1st team just not over wilhelm
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:31 pm

They all deserve it.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:48 pm

i just want to know why none of you think that the person who is leading the three major statistical catagories in the EDC doesnt deserve a spot on 1st team. is there anyone close to doing that in the west? or are all of you so west biased that you feel the need to believe that the west is so much better that there is no way a player from the east can compete with them.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:55 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:i just want to know why none of you think that the person who is leading the three major statistical catagories in the EDC doesnt deserve a spot on 1st team. is there anyone close to doing that in the west? or are all of you so west biased that you feel the need to believe that the west is so much better that there is no way a player from the east can compete with them.

we'll see what happends during the state tourney... and just wondering who u are reffering to with this?
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:59 pm

everyone on this thing who has their first team loaded with players from the west, and then maybe two players from the east on the 2nd team. admit that there is a west side bias on this site, just look at all of the threads about the west. seriously, WDA Sophomore Tourney?
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:59 pm

mertens and elgie both deserve it, it's up in the air right now
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:01 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:everyone on this thing who has their first team loaded with players from the west, and then maybe two players from the east on the 2nd team. admit that there is a west side bias on this site, just look at all of the threads about the west. seriously, WDA Sophomore Tourney?

well tell ur friends about the website and then u could have more arguments with people in the west just like this... it would be more fun that way:) and u still didn't tell me who from the east u think is deserving of all state
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby kgmvp8807 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:01 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:i just want to know why none of you think that the person who is leading the three major statistical catagories in the EDC doesnt deserve a spot on 1st team. is there anyone close to doing that in the west? or are all of you so west biased that you feel the need to believe that the west is so much better that there is no way a player from the east can compete with them.

we'll see what happends during the state tourney... and just wondering who u are reffering to with this?

hes referring to BJ Mertens. deuce, to answer ur question about the all-state team being loaded with players from the west-- the players from the west are flat out better. the teams rely almost exclusively on the one player. unfortunately, basketball happens to be a team sport. as a fellow easterner, i also hate the western bias with people who come here saying the top 5 in the polls should be dickinson, bismarck, mandan, williston and minot. come tourney time, i promise teams from the east will match up a lot more evenly than some out west will care to believe.
kgmvp8807

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:46 am

kgmvp8807 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:

hes referring to BJ Mertens. deuce, to answer ur question about the all-state team being loaded with players from the west-- the players from the west are flat out better. the teams rely almost exclusively on the one player. unfortunately, basketball happens to be a team sport. as a fellow easterner, i also hate the western bias with people who come here saying the top 5 in the polls should be dickinson, bismarck, mandan, williston and minot. come tourney time, i promise teams from the east will match up a lot more evenly than some out west will care to believe.

duece i dont know what you are talking about tho mertnets is mentions on every single one of these all state posts
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSfan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:15 am

DeuceTrey wrote:everyone on this thing who has their first team loaded with players from the west, and then maybe two players from the east on the 2nd team. admit that there is a west side bias on this site, just look at all of the threads about the west. seriously, WDA Sophomore Tourney?

"Mertens deserves the spot, just look at what he has done this year. The only reason Elgie is being considered is because his name is Elgie, and hes good at everything."

If Elgie is so good at everything like you stated, then why is it so bad that he is on the list.  The west is simply better this year than in years past. IMO the east is a hockey region and the west is a basketball region.  And the comment about the Soph WDA tournament, many people are interested in this and it should be something exciting to watch this coming weekend.  Maybe you should come down to Bismarck - Mandan on Friday and Saturday to find out.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UND#1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:18 am

MHSfan wrote:

"Mertens deserves the spot, just look at what he has done this year. The only reason Elgie is being considered is because his name is Elgie, and hes good at everything."

If Elgie is so good at everything like you stated, then why is it so bad that he is on the list.  The west is simply better this year than in years past. IMO the east is a hockey region and the west is a basketball region.  And the comment about the Soph WDA tournament, many people are interested in this and it should be something exciting to watch this coming weekend.  Maybe you should come down to Bismarck - Mandan on Friday and Saturday to find out.

I wouldn't consider the east just a hockey region.  North won last year and east teams compete every year.
Last edited by UND#1 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby MHSfan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:24 pm

Thats true but it is kind of relative, every kid that has some athletic talent usually plays hockey as a kid in Grand Forks, and Fargo has some good hockey teams also.  I'm not bashing East basketball but they seem to excel in hockey and the west usually excels in basketball.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:09 am

The east was WAY better last year in basketball and they will be way better next year too so i dont know about the west ussually is better that agreeable.
NDPreps Starter

Postby MHSfan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:15 pm

I am just saying that the west does better in basketball than in hockey. Thats all that I was trying to say.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:13 am

Maybe the West gets more attention because they're BETTER HANDS DOWN. Justin Belohlavek, Tate Kick, Brian Qvale and Jordan Wilhelm are the four best players in the state.

I would say Mertens, Elgie and Heck are in the next class.  All I know is that there are a lot of people, maybe from Belcourt maybe not, who come on here and brag about how good Belcourt is and how good Houle and Knife are. Belcourt is barely hanging above .500. Knife may be in Elgie and Merten's class right now, but he isn't in the top tier. Those previously mentioned four are the best in the state.

I look at Belohlavek, Kick, Qvale and Wilhelm and I can't honestly list them from best to worst. Combined, they're good at everything.

I haven't had a chance to watch the Kramer kid from Wahpeton. Where does he fit into this?
Last edited by Wildcat on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:52 pm

if you look at it i think mertens will get first team becuase he unlike elgie is the best player in his respective region
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:55 pm

sqeak63 wrote:if you look at it i think mertens will get first team becuase he unlike elgie is the best player in his respective region

he will get first team because he has the best numbers in the state but i also could see elgie getting first team but then again i also see kick qvale belohlavek and wilhelm getting first team maybe a tie possibly?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:57 pm

cdub1 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:if you look at it i think mertens will get first team becuase he unlike elgie is the best player in his respective region

he will get first team because he has the best numbers in the state but i also could see elgie getting first team but then again i also see kick qvale belohlavek and wilhelm getting first team maybe a tie possibly?

haha is that even possible??? and do you think if mertens played in the west would he have the best numbers in the state?
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys