WDA

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby skoal_24 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:02 pm

JUST WONDERING WHAT EVERYONE THINKS
skoal_24

Postby Ming01 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:33 pm

1. Dickinson- still sticking with my pre-season pick for 1st
2. Williston- they're proving me wrong
3. Bismarck- should bounce back with embarassing loss in williston
4. Belcourt- they have tons of athletes

4th is a toss up between belcourt, mandan, and minot but i decided to go with belcourt because they're probably the most balanced all-around of the 3
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mr. Me Too » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:37 pm

1. Williston

2. Dickinson

3. Belcourt

4. Bismarck High

3 and 4 are a toss up between these two. . .it could go either way
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:42 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:1. Williston

2. Dickinson

3. Belcourt

4. Bismarck High

3 and 4 are a toss up between these two. . .it could go either way

minot has to be in there too
ballplayer15

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:46 pm

Ming01 wrote:1. Dickinson- still sticking with my pre-season pick for 1st

4th is a toss up between belcourt, mandan, and minot but i decided to go with belcourt because they're probably the most balanced all-around of the 3

kick is amazing straigh tup amazing williston - yup bismark - i doubt it belcourt - no because away from home there not beating anyone but st marys jamestown and century that being said

Dickinson - they got the best player
Williston - qvuale is a beast in the west would be a beast in the east too
Mandan - there 2nd in the confrence
Bismarck - they always sneak in regardless
ballplayer15

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:35 pm

thenextbigthing wrote:
Ming01 wrote:1. Dickinson- still sticking with my pre-season pick for 1st

kick is amazing straigh tup amazing williston - yup bismark - i doubt it belcourt - no because away from home there not beating anyone but st marys jamestown and century that being said

Dickinson - they got the best player
Williston - qvuale is a beast in the west would be a beast in the east too
Mandan - there 2nd in the confrence
Bismarck - they always sneak in regardless

Mandan is second in the conference 3 games in the season.  They can not keep up with belcourt's athlete. They have 2 or three players that can really score the ball. Belcourt has 6 averaging nearly double figures.

Dickinson- Tough as nails

Williston-Can't stop the post

Bismarck, Belcourt, Minot- Toss up between these three for 3 and 4.  Whoever shows up at region with move on
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:37 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:Mandan is second in the conference 3 games in the season.  They can not keep up with belcourt's athlete. They have 2 or three players that can really score the ball. Belcourt has 6 averaging nearly double figures.

Bismarck, Belcourt, Minot- Toss up between these three for 3 and 4.  Whoever shows up at region with move on

williston

dickinson

bismarck

mandan

belcourt doesnt have that many good players on their team only about 3 in my opinion and mandan has one of the states best players which belcourt lacks
Last edited by cdub1 on Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:43 pm

cdub1 wrote:
bcourtbraves wrote:Mandan is second in the conference 3 games in the season.  They can not keep up with belcourt's athlete. They have 2 or three players that can really score the ball. Belcourt has 6 averaging nearly double figures.

williston

dickinson

bismarck

mandan

belcourt doesnt have that many good players on their team only about 3 in my opinion and mandan has one of the states best players which belcourt lacks

1 player cannot beat 5 to 6 players getting in double figures about everynight they've been playing. . .and the reason why Belholavek gets his points is b/c he's the only one who can score and if i remember correctly Belcourt had a player on an ECI team this summer so i guess they do have one of the states best players. . . . .

Last edited by Mr. Me Too on Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:45 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

williston

dickinson

bismarck

mandan

1 player cannot beat 5 to 6 players getting in double figures about everynight they've been playing. . .and the reason why Belholavek gets his points is b/c he's the only one who can score and if i remember correctly Belcourt had a player on an ECI team this summer. . . .

why do i care that knife was on eci? belohlavek is better than him and belcourt only has 2 good players neway

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:49 pm

Shaun knife is averaging a double-double and has been in foul trouble a majority of the time. Sure belohlavek can score the ball but can he do the rest of the things to bring his "team" to state. Belcourt doesn't need Knife to be spectacular to win.  Boswell, Houle, and Keplin  have been solid and Gable off the bench has been instant offense.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:53 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:Shaun knife is averaging a double-double and has been in foul trouble a majority of the time. Sure belohlavek can score the ball but can he do the rest of the things to bring his "team" to state. Belcourt doesn't need Knife to be spectacular to win.  Boswell, Houle, and Keplin  have been solid and Gable off the bench has been instant offense.

belohlavek state leader in steal i believe high assists great scorer team leader team player good rebounder so i will say belohlavek impacts the game more than knife and that the rest of their teams are pretty even

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:53 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:Shaun knife is averaging a double-double and has been in foul trouble a majority of the time. Sure belohlavek can score the ball but can he do the rest of the things to bring his "team" to state. Belcourt doesn't need Knife to be spectacular to win.  Boswell, Houle, and Keplin  have been solid and Gable off the bench has been instant offense.

belohlavek state leader in steal i believe high assists great scorer team leader team player good rebounder so i will say belohlavek impacts the game more than knife and that the rest of their teams are pretty even and i think it is knifes own fault he is in foul trouble every game

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:53 pm

cdub1 wrote:

why do i care that knife was on eci? belohlavek is better than him and belcourt only has 2 good players neway

i don't think they have just 2 good players. . .i've seen them play and there tough yea they have Knife and Houle who can score at will. . .but they also have Boswell he's to quick for anyone on Mandan and Davis whose a dead eye 3 ball shooter and Gable whose coming off the bench scoring in double digits. . .so i guess they just have 2 good players 
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:55 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

i don't think they have just 2 good players. . .i've seen them play and there tough yea they have Knife and Houle who can score at will. . .but they also have Boswell he's to quick for anyone on Mandan and Davis whose a dead eye 3 ball shooter and Gable whose coming off the bench scoring in double digits. . .so i guess they just have 2 good players 
knife and houle can not get anywhere close to scoring at will and boswell dint even crush the jv team last year i havent seen him play this year but i remember him being a bad shooter who was too quick and dint know wut to do with it

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:59 pm

Enough trying to brag our hometown teams up.  December 13th belcourt and mandan will play. I'm sure that it will be a very exciting game to watch.  Enough boasting til then
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:59 pm

Belcourt would've beaten Mandan in Mandan last year if it wasn't for the refs and cuz of the coaching. . .the coaches sat out Knife the whole second half. . .but if i remember correctly Knife scored 18 points in the first half. . .and kept belcourt in that ball game during the first half
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:00 pm

Both Mandan and Belcourt are pretty even. I would say Knife has more athletes around him than Behlalovek.  Mandan has some good role players that contribute.  But I would prolly give the edge to Mandan inside with Benz and Hoff, but Belcourt has the advantage on the outside with Houle, Knife, Davis, Keplin, Gable, and Slater.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:00 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:Belcourt would've beaten Mandan in Mandan last year if it wasn't for the refs and cuz of the coaching. . .the coaches sat out Knife the whole second half. . .but if i remember correctly Knife scored 18 points in the first half. . .and kept belcourt in that ball game during the first half

belcourt was not even close to as good as mandan last year and how can you blame coaching?

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lightning » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:18 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

williston

dickinson

bismarck

mandan

1 player cannot beat 5 to 6 players getting in double figures about everynight they've been playing. . .and the reason why Belholavek gets his points is b/c he's the only one who can score and if i remember correctly Belcourt had a player on an ECI team this summer so i guess they do have one of the states best players. . . . .

wasnt knife on an ECI team with bakkum?
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby roy32 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:10 pm

Belcourt and Mandan will probably split anyway, but If I had to pick one of the two to sweep it would have to go to Belcourt this year.  Knife is playing very well this year averaging 18ppg.  Houle is a returning All WDA-Team member from last year where he averaged 15.6 ppg, as well as one of the leading shooters in the region.  So any inclinations that Houle can not score are not accurate as so far he is averaging 17ppg this season.  Belcourt also has three other players averaging double digits or just under.  Behlohlavek is averaging 23ppg and lorenz is at 13.5 with Riedinger at 10ppg.  All that being said We'll see where both these teams are at the first week into January.  Belcourt will make its first WDA road trip(though two games are St. Mary's and Century, they will also play BHS) which will be a real test and Mandan plays some WDA teams that are decent.
roy32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby threeball » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:38 pm

roy32 wrote:Belcourt and Mandan will probably split anyway, but If I had to pick one of the two to sweep it would have to go to Belcourt this year.  Knife is playing very well this year averaging 18ppg.  Houle is a returning All WDA-Team member from last year where he averaged 15.6 ppg, as well as one of the leading shooters in the region.  So any inclinations that Houle can not score are not accurate as so far he is averaging 17ppg this season.  Belcourt also has three other players averaging double digits or just under.  Behlohlavek is averaging 23ppg and lorenz is at 13.5 with Riedinger at 10ppg.  All that being said We'll see where both these teams are at the first week into January.  Belcourt will make its first WDA road trip(though two games are St. Mary's and Century, they will also play BHS) which will be a real test and Mandan plays some WDA teams that are decent.

Who is lorenz? I believe you mean Benz.
Last edited by threeball on Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys