Poll

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who wins Boys State this year?

Century
2%
Devils Lake
8%
Dickinson
12%
Mandan
9%
Minot
11%
North
3%
Shanley
11%
South
2%
Wahpeton
2%
West Fargo
3%
Williston
32%
Bismarck
8%

Total votes : 66

Postby biggie » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:51 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
biggie wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:They got lucky against Dickinson and i don't think they will win again agaisnt them.

No they didn't get lucky.  Williston has proved that they are good this year, so please quit spitting out excuses.  They are #1 in the polls this week and where is Dickinson?  OH YEAH!  DROPPED to number 4.  Maybe they can redeem themselves this weekend.  We'll see.

Edit for clarity.

Let's see them shoot 70 % from the 3 point line again EVER it was luck.

81-51

Okay, take 9 3's away, we still would have won.  Williston shot 4 threes against Bismarck and we still had them by almost 40.  What will make you realize that Williston is better than Dickinson?  Williston beating Dickinson AGAIN?
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby skoal_24 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:55 pm

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING    (I HEARD) BELCOURT REFS ARE NO GOOD  WELL IF U ASK ME I HAVE WATCHED A FEW BELCOURT GAMES AWAY FROM THERE HOME COURT THEY HAVE TO PLAY 5 PLAYERS PLUS 2 REFS JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE IN THE STATE    BISMARCK, MANDAN, WILLISTON, DICKINSON, ARE THE WORST PLACES TO PLAY FOR ANYBODY I HAVE BEEN WATHCING HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL FOR A LONG TIME AND THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SEEN  
skoal_24

Postby Ming01 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:39 pm

skoal_24 wrote:I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING    (I HEARD) BELCOURT REFS ARE NO GOOD  WELL IF U ASK ME I HAVE WATCHED A FEW BELCOURT GAMES AWAY FROM THERE HOME COURT THEY HAVE TO PLAY 5 PLAYERS PLUS 2 REFS JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE IN THE STATE    BISMARCK, MANDAN, WILLISTON, DICKINSON, ARE THE WORST PLACES TO PLAY FOR ANYBODY I HAVE BEEN WATHCING HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL FOR A LONG TIME AND THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SEEN  

Belcourt is the hardest place to play in the state pretty much because of the horrible reffing. I have been to Belcourt for bball games 6 times in my life and it's been the same result everytime, the officiating doesnt get any better.  Back when St. Mary's had a very good bball program, they even had a tough time winning up there.  Just about every team does.
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bcourtbraves » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:37 pm

Ming01 wrote:
skoal_24 wrote:I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING    (I HEARD) BELCOURT REFS ARE NO GOOD  WELL IF U ASK ME I HAVE WATCHED A FEW BELCOURT GAMES AWAY FROM THERE HOME COURT THEY HAVE TO PLAY 5 PLAYERS PLUS 2 REFS JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE IN THE STATE    BISMARCK, MANDAN, WILLISTON, DICKINSON, ARE THE WORST PLACES TO PLAY FOR ANYBODY I HAVE BEEN WATHCING HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL FOR A LONG TIME AND THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SEEN  

Belcourt is the hardest place to play in the state pretty much because of the horrible reffing. I have been to Belcourt for bball games 6 times in my life and it's been the same result everytime, the officiating doesnt get any better.  Back when St. Mary's had a very good bball program, they even had a tough time winning up there.  Just about every team has trouble winning there.
Belcourt's reffing is not as unfair as anyother team in the state.  The school can not put a ref that is not licensed on the floor.  By the way, every home team does get the majority of the calls.  Its the same everywhere. The reason teams have trouble winning in belcourt is because of the long trip they have to make to get here.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:42 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:
Number7 wrote:Belcourt has three wins this season. Red river and Central are not a quality opponents.  They beat Jamestown who has beaten a weak Valley City squad. These teams have a grand total of 1 win between them and neither will make the state tournament.  I need Belcourt to show me more than that.

The Braves will be playing Dickinson this Friday. I'm not saying that they will win this game but I do believe that they will put it all on the line and be close the whole way through.  They will run the ball up and down.  Kick will get his but he will be fatigued late in the game.  Last shot type of game if you ask me.

Like i said "Last shot type of game".  The braves had the game put away until a big shot by Kick with 6 seconds left to go.  But thats what number "clutch" players do in "clutch" situations.  So why isnt Belcourt being considered for this poll.  If they can keep in a game with the preseason number 1, why cant they compete for the state?
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby Lamby » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:26 am

cdub1 wrote:qvale is proving that nobody can stop him and that is why they crushed and i mean crushed 2 of the best teams in the state

As i said all summer long and you people are now starting to realize... qvale is dominating and will continue to dominate... no one will stop him... no one.... and also as i said before... Williston beat Bismarck in a Landslide... and they'll crush Dickinson next time cuz the game is in Williston
Lamby

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:47 am

Lamby wrote:
cdub1 wrote:qvale is proving that nobody can stop him and that is why they crushed and i mean crushed 2 of the best teams in the state

and they'll crush Dickinson next time cuz the game is in Williston

BIG WORDS. . .
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:35 pm

lamby is dead right on this one williston will crush dickinson at home.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:51 pm

kvrnm wrote:lamby is dead right on this one williston will crush dickinson at home.

i wil be willing to bet a good portion of money on that
ballplayer15

Postby Ming01 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:54 pm

Williston may beat Dickinson by double digits at home, but come WDA time Dickinson will be right there with them.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:11 pm

So much for Belcourt officating not being terrible. 
Fouls:
Dickinson 19 Belcourt 7
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby sports-38 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:28 pm

Ming01 wrote:

Fouls:
Dickinson 19 Belcourt 7

haha
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:39 pm

sports-38 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

Fouls:
Dickinson 19 Belcourt 7

haha
Well now you see what belcourt has to go through every single game they go on, on the road. . .For Belcourt it's just as bad when they go on the road so the refs are pretty much the same where ever you go
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:03 pm

cdub1 wrote:who honestly voted for shanley?

Shanley just beat South tonight.  This keeps them 2nd in the EDC.  Shanley also beat West Fargo earlier.  Maybe a little more respect for Shanley is in order.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:21 pm

I completely agree with that statement. It's about time that the Shanley basketball teams (guys and girls), get a little more respect. They are now both number one in EDC and they will both be contenders in the state tournament.

Just face it! The Deacons have great team chemistry and the atmosphere at their games is quite rowdy. These factors have definitely come through as can be seen in the records of both teams. The last three games that the Shanley boys have played, have been nail biters, and they can obviously handle themselves in that situation, even when they are not in their house!!
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:41 am

Williston will not win state and i garentee that. Dickinson or Bismarck even thoug hi hate to say Bismarck but everyone puts them under the radar.
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys