Braves Basketball

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:58 pm

What are your thoughts on Belcourt Braves basketball. This year, not focusing on their past.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:26 pm

Hmm. . .they have a tough game right off the back, so i think they will do pretty good this year with Knife, Boswell, and Houle. I think they have a pretty good shot at goin' to state this year but it'll be tough cuz they haven't really played in big games since like the last time they made it state. . .but i heard they beat Red River this summer in a team camp, so it'll be a good game im guessing
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDdominator » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:36 am

They won't be bad which is saying alot for belcourt I"m guessing .500 give or take a few games they do have a good shot at going to state but making some noise nope I'm saying 2 and out at the state tourney if they make it
NDdominator

Postby bcourtbraves » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:00 pm

What's your thoughts on Belcourt Braves basketball now?  A legit shot to make a run to state glory? Or just a couple of lucky wins? Well i just want to hear peoples comments on how this team is playing.  Please no racial slurs, since a topic has been locked because of them.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:02 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:What's your thoughts on Belcourt Braves basketball now?  A legit shot to make a run to state glory? Or just a couple of lucky wins? Well i just want to hear peoples comments on how this team is playing.  Please no racial slurs, since a topic has been locked because of them.

by asking for no racial slurs you make people think of them...and by what many people on here have said mandan isnt good so then beating them doesnt make belcourt good unless we can admit that both mandan and belcourt are good

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDdominator » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:24 pm

Well I live in bismarck and we sort of expect mandan people to mess up somehow so I wouldn't feel to bad if they had to resort to thing classless if ya ask me but on the topic belcourt isn't bad quality players in bowell,knife, and houle. state is defintely a possibility but wouldn't be suprised if they did not make it
NDdominator

Postby OkGo12 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:39 pm

Knife - potential All-Stater, should help them get to state
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:50 pm

IM sorry this has nothing to do with this topic but i wasnt sure where to post it, my buddies and i were sitting around talking and we were just wondering when mandan and bismarck play do they bus over or players drive over?

It might be a stupid question but when williston plays trenton(10 miles away) in football they bus and i know its even closer than that but i am really wondering!
klg_11

Postby bcourtbraves » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:53 pm

I think if belcourt can go 1-1 this weekend they will take the road trip as a success.  Dickinson and Williston back to back is going to be tough for the team.  This is a true test of belcourts abilities.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:54 pm

It's a team sporting event they all ride on the same bus.  Because the school is responsible to whatever happens to there players.
O_Snap

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:57 pm

People may have got the wrong point before from me Belcourt is not a bad team at all.  Just once there down by more then 10 it seems as though they give up.  I was at the BHS vs Belcourt game and during time outs I watched Boswell go to the bench sit down and drink powerade while the rest of the team was in the coaches huddle.  But yes there a good team and it should be interesting how they come out this weekend.
O_Snap

Postby klg_11 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:57 pm

O_Snap wrote:It's a team sporting event they all ride on the same bus.  Because the school is responsible to whatever happens to there players.

alright thanks.. haha even between bismarck schools?  st. marys to high and century and so on?
klg_11

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Haha I do not know about Bismarck schools
O_Snap

Postby bcourtbraves » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:01 pm

I know Belcourt has to ride the bus anywhere they go.  Even if its their JV going to a nearby town to play a class B school.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:02 pm

NDdominator wrote:Well I live in bismarck and we sort of expect mandan people to mess up somehow so I wouldn't feel to bad if they had to resort to thing classless if ya ask me but on the topic belcourt isn't bad quality players in bowell,knife, and houle. state is defintely a possibility but wouldn't be suprised if they did not make it

Kinda off topic and I am in no means trying to argue but... in that post you make it sound as though Mandan is a whole different breed....  I guess Mandan must drink that different kind of water then Bismarck.  Thats like telling your son if you live in Mandan well we expect you to mess up sometime since you live in Mandan haha
O_Snap

Postby member » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:19 pm

This will be my first and last post in this topic so ill make it right. Belcourt is currently 5-2(7-3) in the WDA and they will end the season 7-9(9-10). They play Dickinson and Williston on the road which will be 2 very embarrasing losses because they cannot beat a good team at home(5-4). The Minot travels there Elgie will completely dominate the game and Minot will win in a close one(5-5). Then they go on the road to Mandan lose by 20 plus and once again proving they cant beat a good team on the road and it also helps Belohlavek plays amazing at home and on the road for that matter enough said(5-6). They beat Jamestown(6-6) gain a little conifdence after a 4 game skid but then lose to BHS(6-7) at home wilhelm drops 30, Martinez drops 20 and they lose by 10. They beat Century by a ton(7-7). Williston comes to town the refs try to take Quvale out of the game they dont succed they lose by 10(7-8). They go to minot Elgie has a career game because there tryin to get position for the WDA tournament and win by 20(7-9). They go to the WDA tournament lose 2 straight games and they dont make it to state on there best chance in years and finish the season 9-12 overall 7-11 in the WDA. 
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Thanx for the comment member!!  Just wanted to know what people think.  Hope that all plays out for you in the little world you live in.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:33 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:What's your thoughts on Belcourt Braves basketball now?  A legit shot to make a run to state glory? Or just a couple of lucky wins? Well i just want to hear peoples comments on how this team is playing.  Please no racial slurs, since a topic has been locked because of them.

Member gave what he thought and you kinda bashed him with the whole little " in the little world you live in" part haha you asked what people thought and he said..  Member would you break down what you think Mandan's future will be in a Mandan topic or wherever you want to.  Thanks
O_Snap

Postby OkGo12 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:41 pm

O_Snap wrote:

Member gave what he thought and you kinda bashed him with the whole little " in the little world you live in" part haha you asked what people thought and he said..  Member would you break down what you think Mandan's future will be in a Mandan topic or wherever you want to.  Thanks
Member he is prolly from Mandan so he'll give them a good turn-out. . .nobody gives belcourt any credit, just because of there past
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:48 pm

I honestly have no idea where Member is from I just like how he broke it down like that nobody else has done that...
O_Snap

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:54 pm

im just goin to say it will be very hard for belcourt to get to state because they will have to beat williston dickinson mandan bismarck or minot to get a chance to get to state

possible wda tournament

1. Williston 8. St Marys williston ugly blowout

2. Dickinson 7. Century dickinson ugly blowout

3. Bismarck 6. Belcourt bismarck wins by 15

4. Mandan 5. Minot mandan with the win

i dont see belcourt being bismarck

round 2

Williston vs Mandan Mandan by 6

Dickinson vs Bismarck Dickinson by 8

Minot vs St Marys Minot ugly blowout

Belcourt vs Century Belcourt ugly blowout

round 3

Mandan vs Dickinson doesnt matter they both go to state

Williston vs Belcourt Williston wins Belcourt doesnt go to state

Bismarck vs Minot Bismarck beats Minot by 3

Belcourt has to beat williston dickinson bismarck mandan or minot at the civic center
Last edited by cdub1 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:14 am

Belcourt is a very athletic team this year dont get me wrong and no in my few last posts i have not been bashing the team just the refs in belcourt. Anywayz I can see belcourt winning a 2 more home games and prolly beating st marys and jamestown (if they play again???) But i do believe that they will go 2 and out in the WDA tournament and end their season there.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:52 am

klg_11 wrote:
O_Snap wrote:It's a team sporting event they all ride on the same bus.  Because the school is responsible to whatever happens to there players.

alright thanks.. haha even between bismarck schools?  st. marys to high and century and so on?

No they dont, players drive for every sport but football
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:57 am

I think Belcourt will be 4 or 5 in the WDA in head of Minot.  Thank you for the predictions everyone.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby skoal_24 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:07 pm

cdub1 wrote:im just goin to say it will be very hard for belcourt to get to state because they will have to beat williston dickinson mandan bismarck or minot to get a chance to get to state

possible wda tournament

1. Williston 8. St Marys williston ugly blowout

2. Dickinson 7. Century dickinson ugly blowout

3. Bismarck 6. Belcourt bismarck wins by 15

4. Mandan 5. Minot mandan with the win

i dont see belcourt being bismarck

round 2

Williston vs Mandan Mandan by 6

Dickinson vs Bismarck Dickinson by 8

Minot vs St Marys Minot ugly blowout

Belcourt vs Century Belcourt ugly blowout

round 3

Mandan vs Dickinson doesnt matter they both go to state

Williston vs Belcourt Williston wins Belcourt doesnt go to state

Bismarck vs Minot Bismarck beats Minot by 3

Belcourt has to beat williston dickinson bismarck mandan or minot at the civic center
ha ha ha  very funny cdub
skoal_24

Next

Return to Boys