Braves Basketball

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:36 pm

skoal_24 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:im just goin to say it will be very hard for belcourt to get to state because they will have to beat williston dickinson mandan bismarck or minot to get a chance to get to state

possible wda tournament

1. Williston 8. St Marys williston ugly blowout

2. Dickinson 7. Century dickinson ugly blowout

3. Bismarck 6. Belcourt bismarck wins by 15

4. Mandan 5. Minot mandan with the win

i dont see belcourt being bismarck

round 2

Williston vs Mandan Mandan by 6

Dickinson vs Bismarck Dickinson by 8

Minot vs St Marys Minot ugly blowout

Belcourt vs Century Belcourt ugly blowout

round 3

Mandan vs Dickinson doesnt matter they both go to state

Williston vs Belcourt Williston wins Belcourt doesnt go to state

Bismarck vs Minot Bismarck beats Minot by 3

Belcourt has to beat williston dickinson bismarck mandan or minot at the civic center
ha ha ha  very funny cdub

it wasnt a joke actually

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby OkGo12 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:10 pm

I think they will be higher than a 6 seed. . .more than likely a 5 but a 4 seed if there lucky. . .but they won't be a 6 seed
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby threeball » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:16 pm

OkGo12 wrote:I think they will be higher than a 6 seed. . .more than likely a 5 but a 4 seed if there lucky. . .but they won't be a 6 seed

there is actually a very high possibility that they will be 6 with dickinson, williston, bhs, mandan, minot all ahead of them
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:38 pm

threeball wrote:
OkGo12 wrote:I think they will be higher than a 6 seed. . .more than likely a 5 but a 4 seed if there lucky. . .but they won't be a 6 seed

there is actually a very high possibility that they will be 6 with dickinson, williston, bhs, mandan, minot all ahead of them

It will go Williston, Dickinson, Bismarck, Mandan , Minot, Belcourt so yes belcourt will be the 6th seed
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby OkGo12 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:31 pm

vikes_fan wrote:
threeball wrote:

It will go Williston, Dickinson, Bismarck, Mandan , Minot, Belcourt so yes belcourt will be the 6th seed

I think they're better than Minot. . .they lost to Minot in close games last year except WDA. . .but they lost to Minot in Minot by 1 and at home by 2. . .Minot has pretty much a whole new crew with the exception of Elgie and Hornecker. . .Belcourt returns what 4 starters and one of the best duo's in the WDA
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:01 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:Thanx for the comment member!!  Just wanted to know what people think.  Hope that all plays out for you in the little world you live in.

Just an update on my post that u bashed me for take a look at it :D 

The kindly take a look at this thank you for your time ill check back in at the end of the season. Oh Mandan By 22 Friday. Ill fill in the scores as the season goes on.

Jan. 19
Dickinson
DHS
7:30c

[align=center]L 67-88[/align]

Jan. 20
Williston
WHS
7:45

[align=center]L 69-85[/align]

Jan. 26
Minot
HOME
7:00

[align=center]L 62-80[/align]

Feb. 2
Mandan
MHS
TBA

[align=center]

Feb. 3
Jamestown
JHS
4:00

[align=center][/align]

Feb. 9
Bismarck
HOME
7:30

[align=center][/align]

Feb. 10
Bismarck Century
HOME

[align=center][/align]

Feb. 17
Williston
HOME

[/align]

Feb. 20
Minot
MCA
Last edited by member on Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:30 pm

Sorry for bashing you earlier this month member.  I just thought Belcourt was playing good basketball before the New Year.  Guess they really haven't proved much of the doubters wrong.  If they have a good week of practice this weekend and go into Mandan with a winning attitude, they could walk out of there with a win.  That isn't going to be an easy task since the "Brave Rivalry" has kind of heated in the past few years.  I think the game will be another last shot game.  But yes your scenerio has played out thus far.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby rikki4 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:04 pm

belcourt came out ready in the first meeting, that is why they won the game. if mandan comes out prepared they should win but anything can happen in the WDA!!!
rikki4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDdominator » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:13 pm

I was sorta pulling for belcourt to have a good year but it doesn't really seem like that will happen they have good players but I've seen 2 games one was at their home and one was away knife is their best player but it looks like the other players on his team don't respect that I don't think he was a ball hog but maybe he could be in other games I don't know
NDdominator

Postby rikki4 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:16 pm

i watched belcourt against bismarck and against century and knife was not a ball hog either game
rikki4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:21 pm

Knife isn't a ball hog, everyone on the Belcourt team just seems to work for their shots and they don't seem to recognize when a player wether it be Knife, Boswell, Houle, or Davis is having a good night. Such thing as too much offense? Even the coach doesn't recognize it.  Like the game against minot knife was having a hay day at the high post, why not keep feeding it him? Hopefully they can finish strong, Mandan and Jamestown this weekend. Wonder who is gonna have the job of guarding Belohavek. Going to be great!!
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:27 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:Knife isn't a ball hog, everyone on the Belcourt team just seems to work for their shots and they don't seem to recognize when a player wether it be Knife, Boswell, Houle, or Davis is having a good night. Such thing as too much offense? Even the coach doesn't recognize it.  Like the game against minot knife was having a hay day at the high post, why not keep feeding it him? Hopefully they can finish strong, Mandan and Jamestown this weekend. Wonder who is gonna have the job of guarding Belohavek. Going to be great!!

Its actually not gunna be a good game. For 2 reasons Justin Belohlavek and the game is in Mandan. Man would i love to go to this game.
Last edited by member on Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:30 pm

Why do you think it's not going to be a good game? Don't get me wrong but what if Belohavek has an "off" night? Say only 20 points from him.  Mandan has been sort of relying on his scoring of late, averaging 35 a game in the past four.  It's not impossible for that to happen.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDdominator » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:33 pm

ok just to clear myself I don't think knife was a ballhog just wondering why sometimes he doesn't get the ball more often in the offense
NDdominator

Postby member » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:34 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:Why do you think it's not going to be a good game? Don't get me wrong but what if Belohavek has an "off" night? Say only 20 points from him.  Mandan has been sort of relying on his scoring of late, averaging 35 a game in the past four.  It's not impossible for that to happen.

This is my last post in this topic i will occasionally update my preditcion. Have a nice day.
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:15 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:Why do you think it's not going to be a good game? Don't get me wrong but what if Belohavek has an "off" night? Say only 20 points from him.  Mandan has been sort of relying on his scoring of late, averaging 35 a game in the past four.  It's not impossible for that to happen.

One of the other role players will step up. They always seem to when Belohavek isnt going off.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:43 am

vikes_fan wrote:

One of the other role players will step up. They always seem to when Belohavek isnt going off.

Well. . .Belohlavek hasn't had an off night yet so. . .it'll be tough for Belcourt to go into Mandan and pick up a win
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:08 am

Mr. Me Too wrote:
vikes_fan wrote:

Well. . .Belohlavek hasn't had an off night yet so. . .it'll be tough for Belcourt to go into Mandan and pick up a win

true...lol but it other than the williston game someone else has been putting up double digits along with belohavek..i believe this last williston game was the last one someone else didnt get in double digits
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:50 pm

What are your thoughts on Belcourt's upcoming weekend? Bismarck High Friday night and Century on Saturday.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:16 pm

they have a close one against high and win by 5 or less. . .then they throttle century by 20+
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:47 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:they have a close one against high and win by 5 or less. . .then they throttle century by 20+

Ya they should be able to beat century no doubt bismarck will be a little bit tougher
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:04 pm

70-65 Belcourt. Good chance of Belcourt Climbing the WDA Polls? With century tomorrow they should win but no guarantees they will be 8-6 in league play. The top 6 teams in the WDA are basically even now with Mandan's loss to Minot?  A race for the top spots for regionals!!
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:57 am

I do believe that Belcourt's five starters were all in double digits lastnight. Knife-15 Davis-15 Keplin- 14 Boswell-13 and Houle -13. Knife also picked up another double-double, not sure on how many boards though. I believe this is the most balance offense in the state
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggie » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:17 am

bcourtbraves wrote:I do believe that Belcourt's five starters were all in double digits lastnight. Knife-15 Davis-15 Keplin- 14 Boswell-13 and Houle -13. Knife also picked up another double-double, not sure on how many boards though. I believe this is the most balance offense in the state

dang that is balanced.  If they do that at WDA they might do pretty well.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys