toughest place to play at

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ming01 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:20 pm

i would have to say about 95% of cheers in high school here are from some ncaa college
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby MHSfan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:56 pm

One of my favorite cheers is the D-up chant ......... just kidding. It is one of the most annoying chants that I have heard and the Minot fans bring it out on special occasions just for BHS when they roll into Minot.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby allstar23 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:16 pm

MHSfan wrote:One of my favorite cheers is the D-up chant ......... just kidding. It is one of the most annoying chants that I have heard and the Minot fans bring it out on special occasions just for BHS when they roll into Minot.
well thats the point of the chant....to annoy the opposing players and fans.
allstar23

Postby member » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:39 pm

allstar23 wrote:
MHSfan wrote:One of my favorite cheers is the D-up chant ......... just kidding. It is one of the most annoying chants that I have heard and the Minot fans bring it out on special occasions just for BHS when they roll into Minot.
well thats the point of the chant....to annoy the opposing players and fans.

Exactly
NDPreps Starter

Postby 666 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:42 pm

I think that the Devils Lake gym is one of the toughest places to play because they get such a great crowd at all of their games and they are so support of that the team plays very good at home

Postby cityleaguer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:53 pm

IMO besides Belcourt for obvious reasons that have been posted several times and by several people, Bismarck High seems the rowdiest, and I've played in every western class A gym, and a lot of Eastern A gyms.  Their student section is just crazy being right behind the basket unlike any other gym in the WDA, and not only that, but their bleachers behind the hoop are literally 2 feet away from the end line, it really is intimidating, and when they single out a player from the opposing team, you really get rattled.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:06 pm

Not to toot the horn of my own school, but we've done a great job of showing school spirit and we don't do a bad job of getting into players' heads. We stay loud and proud, and that seems to shut down the mental capabilities of the other teams.

We were down by 9 points with 3 minutes to go against GFRR, and the crowd totally dominated the focus of the Roughriders, bringing the Deacons to force an exciting overtime, captured by a beautiful 3-pointer by Miko Elias with 3.5 seconds remaining in regulation.

From there on, the Roughriders were never able to mentally get themselves back in the game, thanks to the loud and rowdy Shanley crowd. Great job Deacons!!!!!
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:05 am

Ya i would have to agree that St. Marys can be a tough place to play.  Last night the SM student section was very loud and into the game and were getting on Maurer espcially.  The crowd helped SM stay in that game.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:49 pm

LG is right.  i have seen many SHS games this year, and for some reason the student section is way louder and rowdier than in years past.  i have even heard that the administration is trying to suppress some of the energy.  i cant imagine what the Devils lake game will be like...especially with it being on a friday night.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:07 pm

the Shanley administration definately needs to watch their own crowd instead of opposing schools.  When west fargo played there i believe their athletic director stood in front of our student section and after we said one "miko" attenot to eject one of our fans. Meanwhile the shanley fans were throwing middle fingers and s*uck it signs, among other vulgur signs. I dont care that they did it but dont act like you guys are perfect with all of your nice cheers, and have your administratprs worry about their own students.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:21 pm

whoa! in no way shape or form was i condoning any of the cheers or defending the student section. just stating how much of an impact i thnk they have on the game. btw that was a great game to watch.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:05 am

Number7 wrote:the Shanley administration definately needs to watch their own crowd instead of opposing schools.  When west fargo played there i believe their athletic director stood in front of our student section and after we said one "miko" attenot to eject one of our fans. Meanwhile the shanley fans were throwing middle fingers and s*uck it signs, among other vulgur signs. I dont care that they did it but dont act like you guys are perfect with all of your nice cheers, and have your administratprs worry about their own students.

one of the reasons the administrator stands over on the opposite side from our fans is because the opposing team's student section is right behind our bench and he has to look out for them..........at least that's what i understood
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:01 pm

BHS has by far the largest and loudest student section in the WDA.  The opposing team always has that end of the court in the second which throws of their game even more.  Willistons gym gets so hot during games and the noise level doesnt help either.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby DL fan1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:23 am

Shanley is a very tough place to play but the student section is terrible the whole time they were being  and chanting some stupid stuff.. they were very disrespectful and the scorekeeper chewed us out for cheering back at them. belcourt is very tough.
Last edited by DL fan1 on Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
DL fan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Number7 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:58 am

DL fan1 wrote:Shanley is a very tough place to play but the student section is terrible the whole time they were being dickholes and chanting some stupid stuff.. they were very disrespectful and the scorekeeper chewed us out for cheering back at them. belcourt is very tough.

Yea about the scorekeeper, it seems every administrator, fan, student, or employee all team up against the opposition to do anything to win.  and to LG_Shanley consider moving the opposing team's student section
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys