Who is going to be the "Big" man this year!

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby HeisAlive » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:17 am

Who is going to be the "BIG" post player for this year...
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd-ball41 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:54 pm

Well I think Qvale of course, but I think that Luke Heck has a chance of being a huge contributor to Jamestown this year.
Last edited by nd-ball41 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nd-ball41

Postby player22 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:27 pm

i think the best BIG MAN will be qvale without a doubt.
player22

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:41 pm

WIlhelm from BHS
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HeisAlive » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:54 am

I believe Wilhelm will be powerful this year...

I agree, Qvale is a force but, everytime I've seen him play, he has been shut down when he's had smaller players on him.  At 6'11", it's easy to dunk and to score double digits but what about his moves as a post.  I just didn't see it last year.  This year may be differnet. 

Is there anyone from the EDC to look out for??  I've heard something about a kid from Red River...  Any update??
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballplayer15 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:02 pm

of course quvale no one else is a big man and luke heck has no chance
ballplayer15

Postby cdub1 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:24 pm

well spoken

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:34 pm

thenextbigthing wrote:of course quvale no one else is a big man and luke heck has no chance

please don't hate on the heckster...
rep

Postby ballplayer15 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:53 pm

im not hatin because of this site he has become the most overrated basketball player ever hes no tthat good hes on a terrible team puttin up average stats im sorry that your from jamestwon but lets be honest there bad really bad beating st marys will be a challenge they wont do anything and all the players on here that talk all that stuff well i hope they dont lose to mandan
ballplayer15

Postby ndbb » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:15 am

wilhelm isnt a big man, he is a wing.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd-ball41 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:35 pm

thenextbigthing wrote:im not hatin because of this site he has become the most overrated basketball player ever hes no tthat good hes on a terrible team puttin up average stats im sorry that your from jamestwon but lets be honest there bad really bad beating st marys will be a challenge they wont do anything and all the players on here that talk all that stuff well i hope they dont lose to mandan

how can u possibly say that heck is the most overated player because of this site?? i think being all-conference last year should mean a little something..or maybe i'm just shooting blanks
nd-ball41

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:48 pm

how can u be all confrence winning 2 games explain that to me
ballplayer15

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:49 pm

that sthe problem with this system we have 12 points and 6 boards aint nothin put me on that team ill give you 20 and 10 and atleast 8 wins
ballplayer15

Postby rep » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:01 pm

i think that the jamestown basketball system for boys is one of the most worthless of any sport in the state. considering the lack of leadership from coaches and the school system in the recent past, it is no wonder the team hits the side of the backboard more than they hit the rim. maybe the players are to blame, also, i don't know that much about the talent or lack thereof...all i know is that you can't have a winning program with a new coach every year or every other year.

for a kid like heck to actually rise above that and perform to what is considered average, says something to me about his ability. am i saying that he is going d-1...nope. i don't know if he could start at an naia school. but considering the horrible product the blue jays have put on the court the last couple of years, i think that he is the best of what jamestown offers, and the fact that he can make a left-handed layup properly actually (sadly) says something.

and considering he didn't start most of last year (did he start last year at all, i can't remember?) though he was far and away the best player on the team, says quite a bit about the quality of leadership in the coaching staff.

i can only hope that the new coach has a little better handle on what it takes to grow a program, instead of just get kicked around for a year and then quit. i think that any kid deserves more than that, and for me selfishly, i'm tired of having to put up with bad basketball. i'm tired of 'we'll be better at the end than we are at the beginning (won't every team?) and the same old song and dance that is 'just trying to get better one game at a time (what about getting better in the offseason?). i'm tired of jamestown and play-in game being one in the same.
rep

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:09 pm

how can anyone say that this site overrates anyone other than qvale if i was basically 7 feet tall i would drop and i mean litterally drop the ball in for 30 to 40 pts a game and standing what 6 inches taller than everyone about i would be grabbin 20 boards a game almost every shot taken thats missed he should grab now maybe my view on basketball is obscure but i think its right and from what i have heard qvale didnt put up very good numbers last year and he is supposed to be a big man hes huge but can he do anything with his size this year is the question
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:54 pm

Saucesauer wrote:how can anyone say that this site overrates anyone other than qvale if i was basically 7 feet tall i would drop and i mean litterally drop the ball in for 30 to 40 pts a game and standing what 6 inches taller than everyone about i would be grabbin 20 boards a game almost every shot taken thats missed he should grab now maybe my view on basketball is obscure but i think its right and from what i have heard qvale didnt put up very good numbers last year and he is supposed to be a big man hes huge but can he do anything with his size this year is the question

very very true thank you for stating that
ballplayer15

Postby Ming01 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:00 pm

rep wrote:i think that the jamestown basketball system for boys is one of the most worthless of any sport in the state. considering the lack of leadership from coaches and the school system in the recent past, it is no wonder the team hits the side of the backboard more than they hit the rim. maybe the players are to blame, also, i don't know that much about the talent or lack thereof...all i know is that you can't have a winning program with a new coach every year or every other year.

Oh believe me, theres worse...
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby nd-ball41 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:24 pm

Ming01 wrote:
rep wrote:i think that the jamestown basketball system for boys is one of the most worthless of any sport in the state. considering the lack of leadership from coaches and the school system in the recent past, it is no wonder the team hits the side of the backboard more than they hit the rim. maybe the players are to blame, also, i don't know that much about the talent or lack thereof...all i know is that you can't have a winning program with a new coach every year or every other year.

Oh believe me, theres worse...

for example..the valley city hi-liners. the blue jays seemed to have there number last year when they played them, as those were jamestown's only 2 wins
nd-ball41

Postby hockey4life » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:35 am

Quale will be unstoppable this year
Last edited by hockey4life on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:11 am

hockey4life wrote:Quale will be unstoppable this year

Looks like he wasnt unstoppable against Glendive. MT.
Glendive won 53-41
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby nd-ball41 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:08 am

Ming01 wrote:

Glendive won 53-41

williston only scored a whopping 5 points in the 4th quarter!!
nd-ball41

Postby AandBfan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:16 am

Whats was Qvales stat line?
AandBfan

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:41 pm

AandBfan wrote:Whats was Qvales stat line?

He had 16 pts and only 5 boards.  But he did have Derek Selvig on him.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby hockey4life » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:13 pm

Ming01 wrote:

Glendive won 53-41

yea looks like it was only his first game a lot of season left
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby player22 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:21 pm

i think selgiv is going to be one of the thoughest players he will match up with all year long. but still only 5 boards is kind of pathetic.
player22

Next

Return to Boys