Who will win state?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndsubball » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:45 pm

who will win the North Dakota Class A boys state? name the 2 teams that will play in the championship game..

I predict:

Devils Lake vs. Williston

ndsubball

Postby Snake_DL » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:54 pm

I see that you predicted the two teams that will make it but you did not pick a clear winner.  The answer to that question is Devils Lake.  I dont think that Williston has the depth to make it to the championship game.  Perhaps Minot if they dont choke in the WDA tourney as they did last year.  I will take Devils Lake in a win over Dickinson in the big game.
Snake_DL
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:54 pm

Devils Lake vs. "anyone" = Devils Lake           
Last edited by ND_SportsNut on Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND_SportsNut

Postby ndsubball » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:56 pm

yeh my bad i meant to also say that DL would win it

ndsubball

Postby Ming01 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:02 pm

Devils Lake vs Minot

D-Lake wins easily

I would probably pick Dickinson to be in the ship but I heard atleast 2 of there starters are done for the season, maybe even 3.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:06 pm

I will go with Devils Lake winning it all this year too, but I think there will be one team that gives them a run for there money sometime in the tournament.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:48 pm

out of fargo south, grand forks red river, jamestown and fargo shanley who will give DL the run for their money?
ndsubball

Postby Ming01 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:51 pm

i would have to say south
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:07 pm

Yeah i would probably say of those teams you mentioned i would have to say South could probably give them there best game. When do regionals start for class A anyway?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:08 pm

march 2-4 is EDC and WDA and state is march 9-11 in GF
ndsubball

Postby i_love_stripes » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:53 pm

The state championship is going to come down to this.......no matter what!!!!!

DEVILS LAKE (d-town's finest)     vs.     "THE STRIPES" (black/white or referees)

Lets go Refs!!!
i_love_stripes

Postby vcfan1 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:42 am

i would have to say that i would take Devils Lake over Fargo South in the state title game.  i just dont see the west making it that far.  the alerus center will sure be rockin if the firebirds are in that game.
vcfan1

Postby 666 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:59 am

I dont think that Devils Lake will make it to state anymore!!  They lost 2 starters i heard for the remander of the season for breaking school and team rules. Those two players i heard are the one and only Travis Mertens and Alex Lundon.

Postby 666 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:05 am

It wont be the refs to stop Devils Lake it will be some underdog team that comes in to play them and knock them off right away. They dont come to play all the time and when i watched them in Shanley I knew right away it was going to be a close game. It shouldnt have been that close seeing that DL has the way better team but they kept Shanley in it way to long and next time that happens (which it could and might happen against GFRR) they arent going to be so lucky. I predict no state title for the guys in DL and go FARGO SOUTH BRUINS!!!!!

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:16 am

What a joke dude. Just shut up!  O ya , you must be talking about that Red River team that D-Town beat by 20 a couple weeks ago and that South lost to last night, at home, wow thats impressive

dont give stupid false information
Last edited by ND_SportsNut on Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_SportsNut

Postby 1337 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:05 am

All I know is anything can happen when it comes to tournament time. It's just a whole different world and strange things happen. It's going to be a battle, always has been, always will be.

As far as referees go, I think Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers said it best in relation to the Super Bowl, truly great treams can over come even bad officiating because it's just another aspect of the game.

All talking will be put aside shortly for we'll all have the answer. May the best team win and all fans have a great time in the process!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:07 am

Now that when Devils Lake is the best team in the state, it seems like everybody is in love with them and they are their favorite team. hmm.....   Maybe just a lot of Devils Lake fans love this website or maybe we just have some band wagoners here.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:14 am

Im from DL and a fan and love the website
ND_SportsNut

Postby i_love_stripes » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:06 am

hey to the dude from bismarck (HAHAHA)------that was a really corny reply you had about the bangwagoners...you must me kidding right  HAHAHAHAHHHAAHAHHA............bandwagoners? are you a first grader(HAHAH)

went to school in DL-------------always a fan of DL----------always will be a fan of DL
Last edited by i_love_stripes on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
i_love_stripes

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:21 am

what else should i call it then smart guy?
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby theefollman » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:03 am

who doesnt like Devils Lake. They are the team to beat and nobody has the talent like they do. T.Mertens can hit the shot inside or out and if you dont watch out he will throw the ball right down your throat with a slam dunk. Mr. alex lundon will snip off 5 plus 3 pointers a night if you dont guard him good enough and with the shakes mr jeezy kendell hunt has he will break your ankles. no other team can contend with them. the only way you can stop them is if everyone of the v-squad players come down with the flu and they would have to put thee BITZ's team out there. That would be bad. I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD HOP ON THE WAGON!!! also i cant forget scott svidal who is the biggest bruiser around. dont try to drive on that guy. He will knock you on your can so fast. LIGHTS OUT!!!!!
theefollman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby i_love_stripes » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:08 am

Ming01 wrote:what else should i call it then smart guy?

support
i_love_stripes

Postby vcfan1 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:12 pm

buddy are you dumb?  i just talked to people in devils lake and you are out of your mind.  travis mertens and alex lundon WILL be playing the rest of the season unless an injury knocks them out.  these kids are not stupid enough to break the rules.  i can assure you that devils lake will make the state tournament and they are going to run over fargo south two times before getting there.
vcfan1

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:20 pm

Support is way different then jumping on the band wagon.  Why don't you support Valley City, oh yeah they havent won a game yet.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby theefollman » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:41 pm

Ming01 wrote:Support is way different then jumping on the band wagon.  Why don't you support Valley City, oh yeah they havent won a game yet.

Why would anyone wanna support a losing team. Unless your from VC you shouldnt support them. DL hasnt brought home a TEAM state title in how many years. They finally got a team that has the talent, you cant tell me alot of people arent going to support them. Ming you should come to a game once. You would be amazed at how great of a team they are to watch. i would never support a team from fargo. South is just a bunch of rich kids. North has the talent but still struggle. Shanley cant win unless they pay off the refs. West Fargo has enough kids where they should beable to produce a team that can win but they never seem to do so. Devils Lake is a small town that has a lot of athletic talent. DL is a town where you get a lot of support. We filled up have the fans at the last game IN West Fargo. What do you think of that!! I hope everyone comes to the game against South. That place should be ROCKING!!
theefollman
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys