Who will win state?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:48 pm

I have been to a Devils Lake game, last year in the state tournament against Williston.  Why not support a losing team?  Because their bad and thats why everyone on this website thats not from D-Lake is jumping on the band wagon just because they are number 1 in the state!

Oh yeah my new favorite football team is the steelers and I SUPPORT them ONLY because they won it all and they are good.  (this sounds familiar)
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby i_love_stripes » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:49 pm

Ming01 wrote:Support is way different then jumping on the band wagon.  Why don't you support Valley City, oh yeah they havent won a game yet.

oh yeah..........oh yeah..............oh yeah..........dude help yourself out a bit and just stop typing....HAHAHAHAHAHHA....every time you put something down you make urself look worse and worse...HAHHAHAHAHHA   
DUDE  GO to BED !!!!!!!!

i have already told you that i went to school @ DL, actually i graduated from there last year and i followed there basketball the last 4 years even when we were battling in play-in games to barely make the edc tourney!!!!!! when i team had a record of like 3-16 i was cheering for them and when the team has a record of 15-0 ill cheer for them .......................its call SUPPORT  smart guy!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHHA your'e killing me dude stop
i_love_stripes

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:54 pm

Its just way too much of a coincidence how like everyone on this website is a Devils Lake fan.  I can guarantee that if Jamestown was the best team in the state and was as good as D-Lake then almost all of you would be talking about them and how much you love them.  You all know that I am right about this topic.

It's not that I hate Devils Lake or anything, I was just trying to point out how people can all of a sudden jump on the band wagon of a team just because they are good.  I kinda want D-Lake to win state because im sick of BHS and all of the Fargo Schools.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:22 pm

You dont make any sense, you are criticizing people who went or are going to school at DL. I understand criticizing the bandwagoners, but a majority of the people saying that DL is the best are people from DL and have been cheering for them through thick and thin over the years. Devils Lake has the best fans in the world thats why everyone follows them and know whats goin on, contrary to most other towns, mainly Fargo, and Grand Forks. I would be talking DL up just as much if they were an average team, but it just so happens that this site came out during a year where they're having a great year.  Fo shizzle my nizzle!
ND_SportsNut

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:38 pm

Actually you dont make any sense.  Im talking to the bandwagoners not the people from DL.  Maybe if you would read my posts fully you would see that they were towards people that arent fair weather fans not the fans from the actual town of D-Lake.  So how about we just put this behind us and just start talking about actual basketball now.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Da Bitz » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:51 pm

Hey buddy the only reason why you are saying that DL lost 2 of their players is because you know that South can't match up with them at all. And to make it even worse for your self you said that it was T.Mertens and Alex Lundon. I feel really bad for you that you can't accept that fact that DL is legit
Da Bitz

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:54 pm

why would you even say that those 2 players were done for the season?  obviously you are messed up.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:58 pm

yeah i know, im talking about that guy too.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Da Bitz » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:20 pm

The reasons that DL is going to be state champs is: they have 9 legit guys that all can play. They have the depth, the strengh, the best point guard and best player in the state. These kids have been playing with each other for years. They arent big but will run you right off the court if Travis gets a rebound. Once he gets the ball in the open court he is unstopable. There is no team in the state like DL that can even stop DL. You have to put a zone on them and they still break it because they move the ball so well. This team was a great state compeditor last year with just 2 senior guards. These boys have a lot of experiece. Trust me they will be ready when EDC and State comes around.
Da Bitz

Postby ndbb » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:29 am

ndsubball wrote:out of fargo south, grand forks red river, jamestown and fargo shanley who will give DL the run for their money?

Jamestown, They can out muscle DL.  Of course, DL would have to be off, and Jamestown would have to be right on the money.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:31 pm

Only one undefeated team left.  Beulah upsets Minot 56-51.
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Savi22 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:41 pm

Devils Lake is good ill admit it but south just beat them at devils lake. and savageau does deserve to be nominated for mr. basketball, with out him south would be nothing.
Savi22

Postby Savi22 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:43 pm

south beat DL at DL what are you talking about, savageau and Glass lit DL up

Savi22

Postby dlfirebirdfan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:37 pm

it sounds to me like none other than evan savegeau speaking here so let me just say this to you i am very happy to see that you played such an excellent game.  i sure hope you play that well when tournament time comes
dlfirebirdfan

Postby NYYANKS » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:43 am

Ill tell you guys what bandwagon im jumping on....[glow=green]West Fargo Packers[/glow], these guys are small but tough and just very sharp shooters... these guys are my pick for state champs
NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby DL-in-DL » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:46 pm

West won't win state this year, they haven't proved they can beat the schools who are better than them, but the will have a good chance to get there in the next 2 years, so if your going to hop on, now would be the time so it doesn't look so obvious next year.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby DL Donkey-Kong » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:22 pm

I agree that west won't get to the championship this year. i also think that in the next 2 years they will have an okay chance of making the championship just by looking at how they play'd against us during the C-squad and jv games and comparing how other teams played against us and also how well we played against the other teams. in judging that we played really good against shanley and we played really good in west and we beat west by like 14 and we beat shanley today by around 30 but i also don't think that shanley played as good as they could have played i honestly see west ranked as high or higher than shanley in a couple of years. this is C-squad. but then u have to figure in how many people play up levels and don't play on the C-squad. But i see west being a very strong competitor in the next couple of years.

DL Donkey-Kong
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Savi22 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:15 am

Just because he has good stats doesnt mean he is going to be Mr. Basketball get your facts right... Mr. Basketball isnt all about stats... its about the best basketball player out on the floor no doubt about it... A true basketball player is a complete player that knows the game and is legit. He is a player that can play both sides of the ball and will do everything for the team... even if he doesnt score the team high or have the most rebounds or the most block shots...

Nice Try... and im not saying Travis isnt in the running because he is... if you were a true basketball fan and or a player you would know what im saying...
Savi22

Postby NYYANKS » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:20 pm

I agree that west won't get to the championship this year. i also think that in the next 2 years they will have an okay chance of making the championship just by looking at how they play'd against us during the C-squad and jv games and comparing how other teams played against us and also how well we played against the other teams. in judging that we played really good against shanley and we played really good in west and we beat west by like 14 and we beat shanley today by around 30 but i also don't think that shanley played as good as they could have played i honestly see west ranked as high or higher than shanley in a couple of years. this is C-squad. but then u have to figure in how many people play up levels and don't play on the C-squad. But i see west being a very strong competitor in the next couple of years

I've seen the rosters from west and them more than any other team i believe have people playing up from the c-squad and play on the jv team. I was looking at their roster the other day and to my amazement they only have 3 juniors that are playing and only one of them play any substantial varsity time and that is a kid by the name of Rob Gibson, otherwise there whole JV team is made up of sophmores. Also starting for the packers is a sophmore in Tanner Farkas and also a player who sees alot of playing time is some Dye kid. and they are both sophmores. I heard from alot of people that that sophmore class at west fargo is one to reckon with and they should come up very strong in the Feature, i wouldnt doubt if they take state in two years but also i think this is a very good year fro them also except for a horrible showing against south the other night, i guess they just got it handed to them. But also i heard south showed some cockiness by at the end of the game laying on the ground by the water coolers and stuff when they were up by 25.. anybody else have any info on that please tell me what all happened there.
NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby go_birds » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:19 pm

Savi22.....from what i've seen this season both savegeau and mertens are studs. there's no doubt about that. but your talking about how Mr. Basketball should be "the complete player." How can all those stats not point to being the complete player. He's proved he deserves the award time and time again. I'm yet to see anyone who could take him on. i think that when savegeau and mertens face off on sat. night on the south court for the edc championship, mertens will prove once again why he deserves the award.
go_birds

Postby West Dakota » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:20 pm

"I'm yet to see anyone who could take him on."

Guess you weren't at the state 3 on 3 last summer.

I beleive that's where I saw Jaden Voth and his team take  Mertens and his team on and spanked them pretty good and went on to win it. And they're  just a little class B team with 6 boys in the senior class. Voth was just much quicker and better jumper, they couldn't control him.But that was a 3on3 and I guess that probably doesn't mean much. "but it was cool to watch!";)

He's a darn good  player "Mertens "but he's not superman. Where is he going to go to college?
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Fargo314 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:01 pm

theefollman wrote:
Ming01 wrote:Support is way different then jumping on the band wagon.  Why don't you support Valley City, oh yeah they havent won a game yet.

Why would anyone wanna support a losing team. Unless your from VC you shouldnt support them. DL hasnt brought home a TEAM state title in how many years. They finally got a team that has the talent, you cant tell me alot of people arent going to support them. Ming you should come to a game once. You would be amazed at how great of a team they are to watch. i would never support a team from fargo. South is just a bunch of rich kids. North has the talent but still struggle. Shanley cant win unless they pay off the refs. West Fargo has enough kids where they should beable to produce a team that can win but they never seem to do so. Devils Lake is a small town that has a lot of athletic talent. DL is a town where you get a lot of support. We filled up have the fans at the last game IN West Fargo. What do you think of that!! I hope everyone comes to the game against South. That place should be ROCKING!!
Well it looks like the team that not cool won it this year theefollman and your devils lake firebirds chocked again.  Looks like the true Mr. Basketball (Eric Erdmann)showed up and drained the 3 with barely anytime left in the defenders face.  That must have stung a little.
Fargo314

Postby ndsubball » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:23 pm

Yea north may have won state and Erdman did hit the 3 with hardly anytime left...DL played good defense nothing u can do about that...o yea and if i remember right mertens had about what 40 points that gae and erdman had what about 20 and mertens was the true mr.basketball and not erdman you just have games that are that way
ndsubball

Previous

Return to Boys