SI's Top Team and Player from each state

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ming01 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:55 pm

Sports Illustrated did a thing on the top player and team for each state just like for football.
They have Qvale as the top player.  Even though in my opinion I think it is Tate Kick I wont argue with their Qvale pick at all.  But for the top team they have Williston.  They have what, 1 starter back?  Yes they do have both Qvales after that, but no one else that stands out to me.  Dickinson is definetly the top team in the state no doubt.  Which leads me to think that does SI really do any research on this at all for North Dakota?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/highschool/11/20/hs.state.by.state/2.html
Last edited by Ming01 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:19 pm

That's garbage IMO.
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby hockey4life » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:20 pm

Williston is going to only need the Qvale's to win
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:05 pm

maybe that would be true if they were guards

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nd-ball41 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:15 am

hockey4life wrote:Williston is going to only need the Qvale's to win

It will be pretty hard for them to score on offense if the guards can't get them the ball.
nd-ball41

Postby ballplayer15 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:42 am

they know alot more about basketball than any of you combined so you have to respect it
ballplayer15

Postby Mr. Me Too » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:52 am

Williston's guard play is horrible, it will be hard for the qvales to get the ball if there guards can't get it to them
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB Fan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:54 am

This is a very big hurdle foe Williston
Maybe another day
BB Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:22 am

thenextbigthing wrote:they know alot more about basketball than any of you combined so you have to respect it

are you talkin about the qvales or their guards?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:43 am

thenextbigthing wrote:they know alot more about basketball than any of you combined so you have to respect it

yeah, but do they know more about north dakota basketball?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:02 pm

I think that is a pretty obviously an outsider's view. People that are in the state know that Dickinson and Bismarck with Kick and Wilhelm will also be among the best teams/players in the state.

Y-not Daily

Postby ballplayer15 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:47 pm

Ming01 wrote:

my gues sis that they have one person who just scouts north dakota only one person for every state is my guess and u cna just put bull in sports illustrated
ballplayer15

Postby Ming01 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:20 am

thenextbigthing wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

my gues sis that they have one person who just scouts north dakota only one person for every state is my guess and u cna just put bull in sports illustrated

it's 2 guys who did the rankings. so idk if they have anyone else who contributes to it or what
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:48 pm

regardless there scouts and were not they maybe wrong there not psycics but i believe dickonson is the best too but we will see
ballplayer15

Postby kel20Nd » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:18 pm

I dont think willistons guards have to be good for them to win i mean sweet any1 of us could just toss in the air and they will go up n get it
kel20Nd

Postby coyote#12 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:38 am

I do believe Williston guard play is what lifted them over dickinson.
coyote#12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:26 am

Last edited by da_man 23 on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
da_man 23

Postby surferdan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:03 pm

coyote#12 wrote:I do believe Williston guard play is what lifted them over dickinson.

I totally agree. I saw the game and the guards of Williston really proved that when they want to they can play. They hit many open threes and really lifted there team.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." – Adam Savage of Mythbusters
surferdan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Lamby » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:12 pm

I totally agree with the sport illustrated picking qvale and the coyotes.... he's the best.. they're the best... they've already shown it.. and now tonight i think they'll be Bismarck in a land-slide and show the whole state who's the best...
Lamby

Postby cityleaguer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:38 pm

Lamby wrote:I totally agree with the sport illustrated picking qvale and the coyotes.... he's the best.. they're the best... they've already shown it.. and now tonight i think they'll be Bismarck in a land-slide and show the whole state who's the best...

it's kind of funny how at the beginning of the season everyone was dogging on this article for them not doing their research, and how everyone's minds besides maybe the Williston kids' have changed from saying Qvale's overrated to this whole NDPREPS site falling in love with the giant and the coyotes.  I'll admit even I laughed when they said Williston and Qvale were #1, but not so much anymore. I guess we'll just have to wait til the end of the season to see if this SI story holds up.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys