De'Sean Allen-Eikens

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

De'Sean Allen-Eikens

Postby balla45 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:03 pm

~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: De'Sean Allen-Eikens

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:40 pm

Have you seen this guy in action yet?
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Yes. I think he will have a big year, even as a freshman.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jack8 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:48 pm

Is he at Williston High or did he transfer to TC?
That was rumored in another topic
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:56 pm

I believe he stayed at Williston High.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:53 am

I remember seeing him last year and was wondering if anyone has seen him this past summer anywhere with a team. Kudos for him for being looked at, at the camp, could he carry Willi in the next couple years
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby tiger_22 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:49 pm

Unless he figures out how to utilize others, change his attitude towards his teammates, coaches, and refs, hes gonna be a wasted talent. It doesnt seem in watching him, and hearing from the parents of the other players, that he has a very humbled personality. He knows hes good and when it comes to college and other things, it wont matter how good you are. Needs to learn how to control his temper on the court before he can be any kind of talent worth something.
tiger_22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:48 pm

tiger_22 wrote:Unless he figures out how to utilize others, change his attitude towards his teammates, coaches, and refs, hes gonna be a wasted talent. It doesnt seem in watching him, and hearing from the parents of the other players, that he has a very humbled personality. He knows hes good and when it comes to college and other things, it wont matter how good you are. Needs to learn how to control his temper on the court before he can be any kind of talent worth something.

We coach him all spring and summer and have no issues with him disrespecting our staff or the players on our teams. I talk to him several times per week and feel he is incredibly humble. You are talking about a very talented athlete who is playing with players who are all way below his caliber, while also dealing with a ton of parent drama in the stands. I think he is doing a great job of handling it. He will be worth a lot in college and is a special talent.

I can only imagine the frustration that a player gets when he leads the state in scoring, is second in the state in rebounding, leads his team in field goal percentage, and is second on his team in assists, and is called arrogant, lazy, selfish, a bad teammate, etc.

Finally, when he is playing in college, he will be an 18 year old man, not a 14 year old boy.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby tiger_22 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:26 pm

Then we see two different players. I saw the player that told the ref not to touch him after a foul, a player that told another one of his teammates to get off him after calming him down after a foul and talking to a ref. A player that shoots 30 times only to get 30 points. I'm going on based what I've seen, which, is an attitude. You see a talent because you coached him, I see a kid who needs a sit down, and talking to about how this game works. You can lead the state in scoring, but if your not winning and taking 30 shots, your not doing your TEAM any help. The greats of any level, as you know, make those better around him with his play. He might be a freshman, but his biggest drawback is knowing he's good and no one that coaches him willing to show him that you'll go farther making the game easier, not jacking it up from wherever. Again, you see what you see, I'm telling you what those who aren't close to him and are watching his game see.
tiger_22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:06 pm

I think we see the exact same player, I just watch him play against a much more diverse variety of competition, with a much more diverse variety of talent, for a different type of coach. If you think Williston is more effective when he is not consistently looking to score, I disagree with you 100%. If you are De'Sean, why would you pass up an opportunity to score in a 1v1 situation to pass to a player who does not score well in almost any situation. I agree that he does take difficult shots, but I disagree in that he continually forces the issue.

We took the #14 team in the country to overtime and he outplayed a player with a Marquette offer. On that note, we didn't have any players or parents complaining about him being on the team either. It is a two way street.

His biggest drawback is that he is a very talented player, playing on a team without another talented player or a proven leader. He has definitely played for a coach who tells him how the game needs to be played. He did not even lead our team in scoring this past summer.

My question to you would be, who on this Williston team is doing more to help his team win that De'Sean is?

If you want to complain about his shot selection, please realize that he is leading their team in field goal percentage, and he is the only player any other team has to even game plan for.

I have watched every Williston game, and could completely rip apart every single player on that team with their skill set and effort level. I just find it amusing that the player who most choose to attack is the kid leading the state in scoring and second in the state in rebounding. Rebounding being the ultimate hustle stat. I also disagree in that the greats make their teammate's better. They don't. Let's pick, for example, Josiah Erickson. A kick out three to Josiah Erickson is going to go in at a 28.1 percent clip. That is just reality. De'Sean giving him an open look off of a kick out is still De'Sean passing to a 28.1 percent shooter. Or let's pick Joren Falcon, where a shot is more likely, at 64.4 percent of the time, to be a miss, or a trip to the line where he will miss 61.2 percent of the time. De'Sean is having a dominant season on a bad team, but he is not the reason the team is bad.

Do we really want to pretend that Williston could keep it close with Minot if he doesn't get 25 and 15, or that Williston beats Dickinson if he doesn't get 36 and 14? He has taken 33.8 percent of Williston's shots and has scored 43.1 percent of their points. And he has grabbed 22.9 percent of Williston's rebounds too. These are both impressive statistics, no matter how you want to spin it.

Take him off the team and I do not think they come anywhere near winning a game.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDbballfan-AandB » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:28 am

tiger_22 wrote:Then we see two different players. I saw the player that told the ref not to touch him after a foul, a player that told another one of his teammates to get off him after calming him down after a foul and talking to a ref. A player that shoots 30 times only to get 30 points. I'm going on based what I've seen, which, is an attitude. You see a talent because you coached him, I see a kid who needs a sit down, and talking to about how this game works. You can lead the state in scoring, but if your not winning and taking 30 shots, your not doing your TEAM any help. The greats of any level, as you know, make those better around him with his play. He might be a freshman, but his biggest drawback is knowing he's good and no one that coaches him willing to show him that you'll go farther making the game easier, not jacking it up from wherever. Again, you see what you see, I'm telling you what those who aren't close to him and are watching his game see.

you and whoever you are hearing this from do not know basketball. He is 14 years old and is head and shoulders above anyone on his team talent wise. What were you doing at 14? probably not the leader of a varsity squad. I know that I was very immature and not close to where desean is at handling emotions. Great Talent. Great Kid. Stop embarrassing yourself whoever you are.
NDbballfan-AandB
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys