More Minutes

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby oldtymer » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:14 pm

Will the extra time limit have any effect on reserves playing more if so what team has the deepest bench?
oldtymer

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:59 am

i wouldnt say that im just guessing mor eplaying time for the starters
ballplayer15

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:14 pm

Depends on if teams or in shape or not. . .and will it be a advantage to some teams that like to run or teams that play a half-court offense
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:42 pm

i really dont think it will change the games much but maybe a player like kick or wilhelm will get 30 points a game instead of 27 or 28 that will be about it

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby player22 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:04 am

i like the fact that the games are going to be longer. but it kind of rips off some of the record holders in the past for most points, most rebounds, most assists, etc. some of those records should be able to be broken now with longer games.
player22

Postby smart source » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:25 am

is it true that high school is also moving to play 2 halves as apposed to 4 quarters?
smart source

Postby twinsfan34 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:06 pm

smart source wrote:is it true that high school is also moving to play 2 halves as apposed to 4 quarters?

That is correct.  Class "A" games will be two halves this year.  However, I don't remember if they will be 18-minute or 16-minute halves.   16-minutes make a little more sense as it keeps the game time consistent from 4-quarter games.  But I am not certain.  Anyone have information that can clarify?

It is also worth noting that Class "B" games will remain as 4-quarter games for this season.
Last edited by twinsfan34 on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twinsfan34

Postby nd-ball41 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:56 pm

twinsfan34 wrote:
smart source wrote:is it true that high school is also moving to play 2 halves as apposed to 4 quarters?

That is correct.  Class "A" games will be two halves this year.  However, I don't remember if they will be 18-minute or 16-minute halves.   16-minutes make a little more sense as it keeps the game time consistent from 4-quarter games.  But I am not certain.  Anyone have information that can clarify?

It is also worth noting that Class "B" games will remain as 4-quarter games for this season.

It will be 2, 18-minute halves, as stated on the NDHSAA website.
nd-ball41

Postby twinsfan34 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:09 am

nd-ball41 wrote:
twinsfan34 wrote:

Thanks for the info.
twinsfan34

Postby minotfan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:53 pm

another thing that I think they shoud take a look at is implementing the shot clock into class B games.  Class B games would be more interesting with a shot clock, and then if in the next couple years they change class B to 2 halves they could hold the ball forever without a shot clock.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:13 pm

minotfan wrote:another thing that I think they shoud take a look at is implementing the shot clock into class B games.  Class B games would be more interesting with a shot clock, and then if in the next couple years they change class B to 2 halves they could hold the ball forever without a shot clock.

I am all for a shot clock in Class B, but I wonder what the costs are for wiring the clocks, etc. would be.  Some of the smaller Class B schools probably don't have funding for them, I'm guessing.
twinsfan34

Postby player22 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:30 pm

i don't think the cost could be that much. i think all the schools could afford the cost.
player22

Postby Hi Rizer » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:00 am

are they doing 2- 20 minute halfs this year or what or jus 10 minute quaters
Hi Rizer

Postby #1balla » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:07 pm

Now with to 2 halves instead of the four quarters in a game, players are allowed to play 3 halves a night.  Will this effect a kids varsity playing time who also plays jv? If a player is in foul trouble at the end of the first half, you used to be able to play someone who played both jv and varsity and still have a quarter left, now a team will not have that option. What team will this effect most?
#1balla

Postby radar » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:09 pm

twinsfan34 wrote:
nd-ball41 wrote:
twinsfan34 wrote:

Thanks for the info.
its still the greatest game ever invented
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby minotfan » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:12 pm

No, i would have to say that football is definitely the greatest sport ever invented.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:14 am

no problem with that opinion except you should post that in a football forum

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys