The Point Guards in WDA & EDC

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Mr. Me Too » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:42 pm

I'd Say. . .

May
Belohlavek
Fridley
Kick

-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB Fan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:38 am

Who is souths point gaurd....anybody know?
Maybe another day
BB Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:40 am

Solum?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:11 am

i think solum and seivert

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB Fan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:45 am

cdub1 wrote:i think solum and seivert

I seen solum play a lil varsity last year in Jamestown wasn't  to impressed....How is this Seivert?
Maybe another day
BB Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:05 pm

Both of the Seiverts are quick and good ball handlers
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:58 pm

from wut i saw which was jus one summer league game they just do their job bring it up and get it to a scorer and knock down open j's

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndbb » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:29 pm

Not saying he is the best, but during the season look for a point guard by the name of Landon Rachel to impress.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:16 am

Let's look at what makes a good point guard.

Ball handling, quickness, defense, intellegece, court presence, passing, scoring would be last on my list as the most important atributes of a point guard.

So there are some no names out there who may not get the headlines but really make their teams successful with hustle and defense and the ability to stay out of foul trouble.

How would you like to dribble the ball up the court against Solum? or try and defend him for 40 min. He would be my favorite as a typical true point guard.

Last year Valley City's JV was winning games. Yet had the best point guard on the team on the end of the bench on varsity.

I like Trevor Christianson as a point guard, watch Trevor lead his team to 7 or 8 wins this season.  It dose'nt sound like much but consider VC was won 2 games in 2 years.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB Fan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:57 am

Solum? Turns over the ball several times a game, not a good team player can't shoot at all not even free throws! He is no threat on offence at all.to the point of not defending him. And as for defense? He does do that  well but it does not win games! Team work does! Its true Defense in most aspects wins games but that has to be on a global stand point not just one person. There is soooooo many true point guards in this state that will run circles around him such as Fridley Farkus May. and for that matter on the south team! Last summer out west Ii watched one of the Sieverts contain Fridley to very limited pts.. 2 or 4. and i believe that the Sievert had more points during that period of time also, very quick kid! When it comes to defense there is an idea of containment vs harassment. Harassment is only one player it will not work when running good offences with good picks. Harassment will hang the defender out to dry. Containment is seeing picks come at you and to move around the pick to contain the offender. You can harass May and Fridley All you want, and it won't effect them. They will still get there scores and draw fouls and come away with a win!!! But if you can contin them by limiting there scoring you just might have something!
Last edited by BB Fan on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe another day
BB Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bobo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:41 am

Solum doesnt really care about scoring to be honest, and when have you even seen him play. He was injured mostly all of last year.
bobo
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BB Fan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:51 am

bobo wrote:Solum doesnt really care about scoring to be honest, and when have you even seen him play. He was injured mostly all of last year.

That just makes him less of a threat. Origianlly from the area, all the way growing up. I believe he played as a freshmen and his team wasn't very good at all with him at the helm! Does it change?  The other south team beat us for the championship that year.... This isn't foot ball
Maybe another day
BB Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballplayer15 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:15 pm

BB Fan wrote:Solum? Turns over the ball several times a game, not a good team player can't shoot at all not even free throws! He is no threat on offence at all.to the point of not defending him. And as for defense? He does do that  well but it does not win games! Team work does! Its true Defense in most aspects wins games but that has to be on a global stand point not just one person. There is soooooo many true point guards in this state that will run circles around him such as Fridley Farkus May. and for that matter on the south team! Last summer i watched one of the Sieverts contain Fridley to very limited pts.. 2 or 4. and i believe that the Sievert had more points during that period of time also, very quick kid! When it comes to defense there is an idea of containment vs harassment. Harassment is only one player it will not work when running good offences with good picks. Harassment will hang the defender out to dry. Containment is seeing picks come at you and to move around the pick to contain the offender. You can harass May and Fridley All you want, and it won't effect them. They will still get there scores and draw fouls and come away with a win!!! But if you can contin them by limiting there scoring you just might have something!

i agre with everything BUT come on now firdley was far from 100% sieverts is ntohin on fridley he is the best scoring point gaurdi n the state and possible the quickest also
ballplayer15

Postby BB Fan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:58 pm

thenextbigthing wrote:
BB Fan wrote:Solum? Turns over the ball several times a game, not a good team player can't shoot at all not even free throws! He is no threat on offence at all.to the point of not defending him. And as for defense? He does do that  well but it does not win games! Team work does! Its true Defense in most aspects wins games but that has to be on a global stand point not just one person. There is soooooo many true point guards in this state that will run circles around him such as Fridley Farkus May. and for that matter on the south team! Last summer i watched one of the Sieverts contain Fridley to very limited pts.. 2 or 4. and i believe that the Sievert had more points during that period of time also, very quick kid! When it comes to defense there is an idea of containment vs harassment. Harassment is only one player it will not work when running good offences with good picks. Harassment will hang the defender out to dry. Containment is seeing picks come at you and to move around the pick to contain the offender. You can harass May and Fridley All you want, and it won't effect them. They will still get there scores and draw fouls and come away with a win!!! But if you can contin them by limiting there scoring you just might have something!

i agre with everything BUT come on now firdley was far from 100% sieverts is ntohin on fridley he is the best scoring point gaurdi n the state and possible the quickest also

Truthfully never said that he did and no dis toward fridley as he is a very good player I said was that the Sievert which ever one that it was handlesd him very well......for the supposed difference in ability.
Maybe another day
BB Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball2 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:52 pm

Last edited by baseball2 on Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseball2

Postby ballplayer15 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:47 pm

BB Fan wrote:
thenextbigthing wrote:

Truthfully never said that he did and no dis toward fridley as he is a very good player I said was that the Sievert which ever one that it was handlesd him very well......for the supposed difference in ability.

ok im not understanding what you are saying now
ballplayer15

Postby BB Fan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:42 pm

thenextbigthing wrote:
BB Fan wrote:
thenextbigthing wrote:

How is this.....Fridley is a very good player...But he can be defended. Just like any other good player!  The above statement is just what i have been told may not be the complete truth, but the source is a good 1. 
Maybe another day
BB Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballplayer15 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:59 am

BB Fan wrote:
thenextbigthing wrote:
BB Fan wrote:
thenextbigthing wrote:

How is this.....Fridley is a very good player...But he can be defended. Just like any other good player!  The above statement is just what i have been told may not be the complete truth, but the source is a good 1. 

yes he can be defeneded but not by this guy i have seen him play alot and at 100% Sievert couldnt hold him trust me
ballplayer15

Postby radar » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:57 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:I'd Say. . .

May
Belohlavek
Fridley
Kick

the belcourt kid is the best
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:04 pm

who is the belcourt kid?

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfootball » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:21 am

Tyson Schatz is by far the most physical point guard, he gets into your head by great defense and pushing kids around. He is quick and a great player.
ndfootball

Postby bballer_fan_4life » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:51 am

he isn't even on that list

DeAndre Boswell is the point guard for Belcourt
bballer_fan_4life
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Number7 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:52 am

This debate between mertens and may is a battle for second place.  The best point guard in the EDC is Tanner Farkas
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:24 pm

Number7 wrote:This debate between mertens and may is a battle for second place.  The best point guard in the EDC is Tanner Farkas

and let the west fargo take over on this forum begin. farkas isnt that good.
highheat

Postby Number7 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:43 pm

highheat wrote:
Number7 wrote:This debate between mertens and may is a battle for second place.  The best point guard in the EDC is Tanner Farkas

and let the west fargo take over on this forum begin. farkas isnt that good.

Farkas is a great shooter and can take it to the hole.  since we are talking about a point guard, He can run the floor and makes everyone around him better.  Plus he pulled down 7 rebounds last game. Best All-around.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys